Super Bowl Champ vs All Star Team

HawkGA

Reaction score
Who would win? How much does cohesion and experience playing together matter versus straight up talent?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Whatever team Belichick is coaching would win.

Seriously though, the all stars would win. The D-line/O-line would be an enormous advantage over the SB team. No one has that much talent together at the same time.

Can you imagine Donald, Mack and Watt (among others) on the same DLine? It doesn't matter if they played together before. Would crush opposing o line.

Josea16

Reaction score
I think they actually did similar things to this back before the Superbowl era. I would say the Superbowl champion would have the advantage if the full rules and playbooks were being used. If it was like the Probowl the advantage would probably go to the All Stars.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Champs by 50. I envision the all-stars getting hurt half-assing it out there and treating it as a mere scrimmage.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":y2gj8ia4 said:
Whatever team Belichick is coaching would win.

Seriously though, the all stars would win. The D-line/O-line would be an enormous advantage over the SB team. No one has that much talent together at the same time.

Can you imagine Donald, Mack and Watt (among others) on the same DLine? It doesn't matter if they played together before. Would crush opposing o line.

DL is probably the big area where it might matter but I'm not so sure OL cohesion wouldn't help cancel that out. Especially no the flip side where it is the SB DL against a group of all-star OL.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
kobebryant":ztkhxlj1 said:
Champs by 50. I envision the all-stars getting hurt half-assing it out there and treating it as a mere scrimmage.

Well, wouldn't it be a scrimmage for the champs too?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
kobebryant":3kpi91b7 said:

Lol Im pretty sure if the super bowl team comes at them 100% they aren't just gonna lie down and roll over for them. These are huge guys with even bigger egos.