Terrelle Pryor: Seahawks former cut to make 15MM per year

lukerguy

Reaction score
Report: Browns 'very likely' to tag Pryor
Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports the Browns are "very likely" to place the franchise tag on Terrelle Pryor.
After locking up Jamie Collins to a long-term contract, Pryor is the next order of business for Cleveland. La Canfora believes it "would be crazy" for Pryor to sign a contract right now, suggesting he thinks the receiver will cash in as a free agent, but Pryor has already told his agents he wants to stay in Cleveland. It is not out of the question the two sides work out a deal. The tag should be worth north of $15 million for receivers in 2017.

Coming from a guy who was cut by the Seahawks (and others), it's pretty disheartening to see our franchise go from the team who turned no name cuts into pro-bowlers to the team who "let them go".

Did Scot Mccloughan really make that much difference?

Trrrroy

Reaction score
The whole Scot Mccloughan remark makes no sense seeing that not even Mr. McCloughan was willing to sign Pryor.

Davidess

Reaction score
Pryor is getting that money based on him playing WR. IIRC PC wanted him to be a WR but he refused and said "I am a QB not a WR"

so to be honest its not really anyone heres fault, Pryor didn't want to be WR with the Hawks.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Davidess":2n1uxvrj said:
Pryor is getting that money based on him playing WR. IIRC PC wanted him to be a WR but he refused and said "I am a QB not a WR"

so to be honest its not really anyone heres fault, Pryor didn't want to be WR with the Hawks.

Yep, I was about to post exactly this. We appear to have signed him one stop too soon.

The Breh

Reaction score
While with us he also said he "couldn't catch"
Glad he found a spot that's worked for him, just like Britt who's obviously found a spot he's pretty damn good at. Good enough much so that he's finally proven to be worth the pick we used on him.
So what's Tebow's story then ? He's a shit QB but is great as a runner. Could he not have some sort of spot as a ball catcher as a TE or WR ? I think he could be pretty good in the slot but I've only really seen highlights and never saw him in live play so bear with me if it appears I'm talking out my dookie chute :twisted:

seabowl

Reaction score
We also passed on Brett Favre for Dan McGwire. Sorry but I think this is a ridiculous topic.

Seymour

Reaction score
Davidess":3vl1ttdt said:

This. He actually said that he was not very good at catching the ball, and did not think he should attempt the switch as well. I was hoping he would personally, but lost hope after reading that.

edogg23

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we actually worked him out again as a WR after he was cut as a qb (I can't remember if he ever signed as a wr for a short period or not.)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He didn't make the Browns all that great...this will be another mistake by the Browns. Pryor is overrated and looks better because the Browns are well...the Browns. They have a terrible team and decisions like this are why. If I were running the Browns, I'd let him walk. He's not worth $15+m year .

Josea16

Reaction score
Let him go, seriously you can get many FA WR's for less. Or better just draft someone, he's bound to be better. This is why the Cleveland Browns haven't been good beyond the 1980's. They don't understand there's a salary cap in play. Just draft a WR already, soon enough they will be devalued to the level of running backs since everyone runs the spread and they seem to be shit until they actually learn what passes for actual football anyway.

This is almost as bad as the Kansas City Chiefs never drafting an actual possible NFL level quarterback after Todd Blackledge. Seriously just look it up. At least Cleveland tries year after year.....

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The Browns have nothing but cap room and everything but talent.

They can "overpay" for guys like Collins and Pryor and all that guaranteed money will be off the books by the time they need cap room to resign their own young guys, assuming that in three or four years they'll have guys on first contracts who are deserving of second ones.

If you have a young team, there's also validity to holding on to above average players, as you can't just trot out a bunch of scrubs -- you need SOME decent players on each side of the ball so as not to retard the growth of your young guys.

I also think that Pryor is stil a question mark, but what he was able to do with a clown car of awful QBs and no other weapons to speak of on that team shouldn't be discounted.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Yup! As so many fans already said it, this one is not on Pete & John. In fact, Pete saw this coming long time ago, and thought his future would be better as a WR. Pryor did not want to change positions. Good for the Browns!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
When Pacman shuts you down and he's looking into a trash can saying "are you there?"I think that answers the question if TP is worth 15 million..

Seafan

Reaction score
Even if the Hawks had kept him and converted him doesn't mean that they would have played him or thrown to him.

Rob12

Reaction score
Sorry, but this is why the Browns are the Browns. I don't care if you have money to burn. $15M for Pryor on the tag is insanity and this is precisely why they are the shittiest organization in sports.

Threedee

Reaction score
seabowl":2hbqx8b7 said:
We also passed on Brett Favre for Dan McGwire. Sorry but I think this is a ridiculous topic.

That was all Behring, though. The thinking minds within the organization knew that Favre was the more capable of the two. The real mistake of the Seahawks will always be not signing Moon right out of college.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Browns had to tag him, you think Pryor wouldn't want to play on a contender and get paid?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Josea16":3ot7tovn said:
Let him go, seriously you can get many FA WR's for less. Or better just draft someone, he's bound to be better. This is why the Cleveland Browns haven't been good beyond the 1980's. They don't understand there's a salary cap in play. Just draft a WR already, soon enough they will be devalued to the level of running backs since everyone runs the spread and they seem to be shit until they actually learn what passes for actual football anyway.

This is almost as bad as the Kansas City Chiefs never drafting an actual possible NFL level quarterback after Todd Blackledge. Seriously just look it up. At least Cleveland tries year after year.....

Let's be real, how many free agents want to go to Cleveland? They're going to have to pay way too much anyway so might as well overpay a guy that showed a lot of promise.