Hawks and Broncos targeting Andrew Whitworth

RussB

Reaction score
All you need to know is he is a beast and one of the best in the league.
[youtube]RGx8ELjI-sw[/youtube]
Ive been wanting them to get him ever since the season ended. I hope they do he is the best available, if they signed both him and lang or maybe remmers the o line would drastically improve.

OP
OP
T

The Breh

Reaction score
RussB":1d5cn1o0 said:
Ive been wanting them to get him ever since the season ended. I hope they do he is the best available, if they signed both him and lang or maybe remmers the o line would drastically improve.
Good grief :shock:
That leadership, toughness, that protection on the blindside, yeesh.
We got the cap space. That's exactly what we lack and need. He would MAKE the whole line work harder and push them, being a veteran he wouldn't put up with mediocrity (from what I saw in that clip)
Russy needs to use his voice as a 100 million $ QB and put his foot down.
If only for a year or two we need a dude like this.

RussB

Reaction score
The Breh":usbzou0z said:
RussB":usbzou0z said:
Good grief :shock:
That leadership, toughness, that protection on the blindside, yeesh.
We got the cap space. That's exactly what we lack and need. He would MAKE the whole line work harder and push them, being a veteran he wouldn't put up with mediocrity (from what I saw in that clip)
Russy needs to use his voice as a 100 million $ QB and put his foot down.
If only for a year or two we need a dude like this.
Exactly, they need to pay the man ASAP and sign him to like a 2 or 3 year deal. Hes still got a few good years left and is the type of dude they need out their on the o line.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Let's go after Zeitler too.

Nobody should buy Pete saying we're not going to change the O-line. Goes against his ethos of 'competition'. Zeitler and Whitworth with a draft focused on defense and I'd start to feel really good about this team's chances.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If Denver is after Whiworth that means Okung is likely out in Denver. I'd bet they would pay more than Seattle for this player.
Interesting possible acquisition but speculative at best this early. I do suspect that it's correct. And the Hawks are talking with his agent to the extent that is allowed by league rules.

seabowl

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3hdb7m4a said:
If Denver is after Whiworth that means Okung is likely out in Denver. I'd bet they would pay more than Seattle for this player.
Interesting possible acquisition but speculative at best this early. I do suspect that it's correct. And the Hawks are talking with his agent to the extent that is allowed by league rules.

Bring back Okung. Much cheaper and knows the system

HawkGA

Reaction score
RussB":1oxmhqi8 said:

Cable accepts your challenge to ruin him.

Seymour

Reaction score
For that price, we could come close to getting both Okung and Breno back here, and I doubt more than 2 good years left at his age. That said, I'll take anything!

OP
OP
T

The Breh

Reaction score
seabowl":z5o7f58u said:
jammerhawk":z5o7f58u said:

Bring back Okung. Much cheaper and knows the system
That damn big roe tho :roll:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The headline is a lie.

Nobody has any insight as to who the Seahawks are 'targeting'. Any dumbass can speculate any player to any team with zero insight. Waste of internet space.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":5dil8x74 said:
The headline is a lie.

Nobody has any insight as to who the Seahawks are 'targeting'. Any dumbass can speculate any player to any team with zero insight. Waste of internet space.

You must be looking for trouble. I mean just look at how well articulated the very first sentence is! :twisted:

Although Whitworth recently turned 35 years old in December, he is argubably the best tackle that could come available in free agency and is coming coming off an outstanding season with the Bengals where he was voted as the 67th best player in the NFL Top 100 Players of 2016.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
not happening unless he is an underperforming defensive end or tight end that cable can convert.

chris98251

Reaction score
He would make a great Defensive tackle for us. Just kidding of course, but we would be doing something outside the normal characteristics of our Front Office going after a high priced ageing Veteran.