9ers to hire John Lynch as GM

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hate to say it - I think this is a home run hire.

ScrewYork. He pulled a great GM/HC out of his ass.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1f0rara8 said:

Screw York. He pulled a great GM/HC out of his ass.

And what makes you think that?

OP
OP
FortWorthSeahawk

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Interested to have you give your take on a 'home run' hire with a guy with 0 GM experience. Is there potential for him to do well? Of course. However, there's just as much of a chance of him being completely out of his league and/or being controlled by York. I'd call this an intriguing hire, but not quite a slam dunk.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
This is either genius or utter madness. Im not sure which yet. Lynch is a smart guy and the tv experience will be worse without him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1pwat5hq said:
This is either genius or utter madness. Im not sure which yet. Lynch is a smart guy and the tv experience will be worse without him.
Agree, I like Lynch as a TV guy. I'm leaning towards madness because he has to deal with Jedthro. Should be interesting
to watch.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2ym6zzxt said:
Hasselbeck":2ym6zzxt said:

Screw York. He pulled a great GM/HC out of his ass.

And what makes you think that?

Lynch is very smart and knows the game inside and out. This isn't the Matt Millen hire, this is Steve Kerr. Kerr was a brilliant analyst too.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Lynch is a total Hail Mary by York because I'm sure everyone else turned them down, but sometimes you luck into a great hire.

That's what USC did with Pete Carroll. That's how Jerry Jones lucked into Dak Prescott. Sometimes idiot owners hit the lotto unexpectedly.

rlkats

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":13kyd4hy said:
The webzone is going apeshit over the hire, and not in a favorable way. 8)

hahahahahhahahahahahahahaha. oh and

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahaah.

Dear God this is so outa left field. don't know what to think honestly.
the hire could be good, but who the hell knows. I can see the conversation now

Jed- We want a team, two guys that can work together. (in his mind. Please save my ass)

Kyle- Jed you need me, you don't have a clue what your doing.

John Lynch- Jed listen just hire us and get the hell outa the way. We will save this sinking ship.

Jed- Oh thank you Jesus. we will be the SF Broncos

hahahahahahaha

SF49r

Reaction score
Shanahan: I need someone that will give me job safety

York: A safety? I got you

:34853_doh:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Regardless of what happens, when York starts douching out Lynch can lay him out like Terry Tate.

rjdriver

Reaction score
One thing for sure. Nobody knows the Seahawks better, he's called a prodigious amount of Hawk games. Not that I looked, but it sure does feel that way.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Saying John Lynch will fail because Matt Millen failed is like saying Vance Joseph will fail because Mike Nolan failed. The only thing those two have in common is they are former DCs who became HCs. Thebonly thing Lynch and Millen have in common is they are former players who went from broadcast to GM. There is no causal relation.

Kyle Shanahan is going to be the defacto GM anyway. What power Lynch will have will be there because Kyle wants him to have it. In fact supposedly Kyle and Lynch discussed working together before Ned York even had a single thought about Lynch as a candidate.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lynch isn't going to be what they expect, he is outspoken and opinionated, well at least they finally got a Lynch on that team.

Lynch is not going to be content being a puppet either, it will be all hugs at first, by seasons end we will see ripples that could turn into waves.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2wfihl2h said:
Nobody knows how this will turn out. It's not expected, that's for sure. Guess we'll find out. :)

image.png

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd kind of like it if it works out for them. We had a fun rivalry for a few years with the Niners, there. If they get Shanahan, I doubt he'll be fun to hate like Douchebaugh was, though.

In any case, steel sharpens steel in this league, and I'd like the NFC West to be the toughest damn division in football again.