Congratulations, New England Patriots: You’re the Most Hated

ivotuk

Reaction score
Congratulations, New England Patriots: You’re the Most Hated Team In the NFL

And while Tom Brady did win the poll for favorite quarterback in the NFL (22 percent over Aaron Rodgers, who captured 16 percent of the votes), in a fun wrinkle, he also finished on top as the most disliked QB, at 24 percent. (Panthers gunslinger Cam Newton followed at 15 percent).

http://www.menshealth.com/guy-wisdom/mo ... d-nfl-team

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not surprising, NE holds the trifecta of hatred

1. They win all the time
2. Their fans are insanely obnoxious
3. They cheat

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":31ujy2bl said:
Not surprising, NE holds the trifecta of hatred

1. They win all the time
2. Their fans are insanely obnoxious
3. They cheat

And *allas is 2nd most hated.

They have #2 down pat.

drdiags

Reaction score
Wished my team was as despised, would mean I would be floating on cloud nine. Those dudes have been relevant for over 16 yrs straight. That is longevity and though I despise them, they just keep doing what they do. I probably will be dead before they hit bottom again and go back to those stink years they suffered through.

Still hate Parcells for taking Bledsoe instead of Mirer.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
@Diags - Their success is only part (a large part, but definitely not all) of the reason behind people hating them. All the scandals and suspicions they've been embroiled in, no other dynasty team has come close to smelling that dirty during their tenure that I'm aware of.

Regarding the results of this poll, however...

COcvtz3WEAAeAgC

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
There's a lot of good stuff in the poll. For instance:

-More people identified themselves as being more conservative than liberal (moderate was the most popular answer) but more people also identified as Democrats than Republicans. That's so weird.

-Participants were 53% male. I expected this number to be greater.

-30% of people said they considered the Cowboys to be "America's Team"!!!! Dear God, why?

-42% disprove of Goodell as commissioner with "Not sure" coming in second...

-22% of people consider Flacco to be elite. I think that's actually kind of high.

-Cam Newton was the least least selected QB (2% of vote) for favorite QB while Brady was the most liked (22%). Rodgers was 2nd. RW was at 8%, which put him near Big Ben, Prescott, Ryan, and Tebow (?!?!).

-Brady was also the highest selected as the most disliked QB in addition to being the most liked. That's hilarious. Cam Newton was the second most disliked QB. Matt Ryan and RW were the least selected for most disliked of the listed QBs. RW didn't win many of them over but he's irritated hardly anyone in the process too.

-Packers and Cowboys tied for favorite team among the options not named "Another team / Don't have a favorite team."

-Most people (53%) want Atlanta to win the SB.

253hawk

Reaction score
drdiags":2dgtya20 said:
Still hate Parcells for taking Bledsoe instead of Mirer.

The sad thing is we beat NE that year, so they got the tiebreaker for the #1 pick. And we also won that stupid OT game against Denver. Should have went 1-15 instead, then we take Bledsoe and due to the butterfly effect, Tom Brady and the Patriots never even happen and we all live happily ever after.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Maulbert":orxmfm49 said:
:sarcasm_on: But, but, but that's not possible! According to the Webzone, it's the Seahawks and Russell Wilson by a wide margin! :sarcasm_off:
Hatred turned to sympathy after the 2014 season. Seahawks went from the villain to the victim. I guess people love Peyton Manning but hate Brady.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
OK, the Patriots are most hated. However, they do have one redeeming point. That character Martellus Bennett. Michael's bro plays tight end for New England of course, and by all accounts appears to be a hilarious and personable dude. Check out this article. https://www.thestar.com/sports/foot...s-bennett-living-in-big-fish-bowl-arthur.html

I like the part where he's the only guy in the locker room busting a gut laughing at something supposedly hilarious that Belichick said and the rest of the locker room is stone cold silent. ha ha.

That question "What six people, living or dead would you invite for dinner?" OK, scooch down Jesus and Bill Murray, make room for Michael and Martellus.

Threedee

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":1qao7rlg said:
-30% of people said they considered the Cowboys to be "America's Team"!!!! Dear God, why?

-42% disprove of Goodell as commissioner with "Not sure" coming in second...

I refuse to accept a team from Dallas as "America's Team." It would have to be someplace more American.

The numbers against Goodell make me smile.