Shanahan's backpack with playbook temporarily missing

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
His backpack, with the playbook inside, was "accidentally" taken by a media reporter but returned shortly thereafter.

Soooooo....Who believes this was an innocent mistake, and who believes Belichick has now seen the entire thing? I'm going with option #2.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... dia-night/

Shanahan has to be smarter than this if he's going to lead an entire franchise. You're facing Belichick in the Super Bowl, and your playbooks aren't literally under lock and key? I'd be so paranoid, I'd probably have a security guard walking around with the playbooks in a briefcase handcuffed to the guard's arm. I'm not even kidding.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
I saw this and was like WTF? Agree with everything you said... except the part about Belichick getting his eyes on it.

It does make for some good pre-game drama but I think the Falcons will be fine.

If they get shut out.. I'll blame Shanahan.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
P.S., for anyone who thinks there's virtually no chance that this could actually have been orchestrated by someone in the Patriots organization, go to Google and search for "biggest conspiracy theories that turned out to be true" and look at all the crazy stuff that has actually happened.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, a ton of conspiracy theories are ridiculous and untrue; but there are more that have been true than many people realize.

ringless

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1rj3dtug said:
P.S., for anyone who thinks there's virtually no chance that this could actually have been orchestrated by someone in the Patriots organization, go to Google and search for "biggest conspiracy theories that turned out to be true" and look at all the crazy stuff that has actually happened.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, a ton of conspiracy theories are ridiculous and untrue; but there are more that have been true than many people realize.

No conspiracy theorist believes they are one :p :lol:

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ringless":1tdxvnao said:
RolandDeschain":1tdxvnao said:

Fair enough, but what are you trying to say; you think there's no chance someone in the Patriots organization would
deflate footballs
illegally record play calls of opponents
try to get a copy of an opponents' playbook in advance of the biggest game of the year?

ringless

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3g4wranl said:
ringless":3g4wranl said:
RolandDeschain":3g4wranl said:

Fair enough, but what are you trying to say; you think there's no chance someone in the Patriots organization would
deflate footballs
illegally record play calls of opponents
try to get a copy of an opponents' playbook in advance of the biggest game of the year?

I was just being sarcastic. :)

Foghawk

Reaction score
Why is there always some kind of "coincidence" happening in regards to the Patriots? :hmmmm:

Can't wait to hear from Bill Nye and Patriots Fans on how it's scientifically impossible to copy an NFL playbook in 30 minutes. :lol:

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Foghawk":3twpk2tn said:
Why is there always some kind of "coincidence" happening in regards to the Patriots? :hmmmm:
Couldn't be because where there's smoke, there's often fire. ;)

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Let's get some numbers on record, here. If the Falcons lose, how many points would they have to lose by for people to believe that the Patriots did get their playbook? 25 points, i.e. four scores? More? Less?

Foghawk":1jaoz9fu said:
Can't wait to hear from Bill Nye and Patriots Fans on how it's scientifically impossible to copy an NFL playbook in 30 minutes. :lol:
Yeahhhhhhh, using the camcorder function on your smartphone and just rapidly flipping through the playbook so you can later grab stills from it is totally not a feasible thing to do in less than 30 minutes. ;)

chris98251

Reaction score
None of you have seen a corporate copier, 500 pages easy in about 5 to 10 minutes.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":1kvyq64s said:
None of you have seen a corporate copier, 500 pages easy in about 5 to 10 minutes.
...Yeah, being an IT systems engineer, I've never seen a corporate copier. :roll:

I doubt the pages in an NFL playbook can be easily copied; they're probably laminated or something, I imagine? Plus, having access to a copier in a press conference area or near one like that which doesn't require a PIN or something to access? Not likely.

chris98251

Reaction score
Press conference area I would assume has a lot of equipment for multiple uses, doubt they are too worried about proprietary information. That or a Kinkos or something like it probably not to far away also and they would not care what it was and copy it.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1llaioys said:
chris98251":1llaioys said:
...Yeah, being an IT systems engineer, I've never seen a corporate copier. :roll:

I doubt the pages in an NFL playbook can be easily copied; they're probably laminated or something, I imagine? Plus, having access to a copier in a press conference area or near one like that which doesn't require a PIN or something to access? Not likely.

IT never leaves their cube, so that's possible. :)

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":20cdwxne said:
RolandDeschain":20cdwxne said:
chris98251":20cdwxne said:

IT never leaves their cube, so that's possible. :)
I'm an IT consultant, I travel to client sites and do plenty of remote work; I'm not some nerd in a cubicle tucked away out of sight. I have to dress nicely, and be all respectable, and stuff.

NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":6uzw6py0 said:
Let's get some numbers on record, here. If the Falcons lose, how many points would they have to lose by for people to believe that the Patriots did get their playbook? 25 points, i.e. four scores? More? Less?

Foghawk":6uzw6py0 said:
Yeahhhhhhh, using the camcorder function on your smartphone and just rapidly flipping through the playbook so you can later grab stills from it is totally not a feasible thing to do in less than 30 minutes. ;)
That was my first thought with 30 minutes..A good smartphone recording away

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hell, an average smart phone, which most people carry around nowadays, can take clear still shots of every page of that book in a few short minutes. The only question in that equation is whether or not the individual could have gotten alone, or at least with others in on such an act for that amount of time. And as long as there's a bathroom around, I'm guessing they could.

Not that, yanno, that sort of thing would ever, ever happen!

Josea16

Reaction score
It's Shanahan's fault if it happens because it's not only possible but ridiculously easy to completely film it, print it, upload it or take clear pictures of it in minutes with a good smartphone. Except printing it, but that could be done without much work.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Foghawk":bltfoapl said:
Why is there always some kind of "coincidence" happening in regards to the Patriots? :hmmmm
Seriously. There's always something. Does anyone believe punishments deter Belichick from seeking an advantage, regardless of ethics or rules? So shady.

Art Spander is a well-respected journalist who's been at it for a long time. He's a California guy with no immediately apparent connection to Belichick or the Pats, but how does a guy go 30 minutes without realizing he's not carrying his own backpack? The article says he was notified of the mistake, not the other way around. Huh?

Here's his side of the story. (audio)