Jerry Jones in the Hall of Fame

HawkGA

Reaction score
I gotta say, I don't like it. And it's not because of any Cowboy hate. There is a rule that players have to be out of the league for 5 years. Same should apply to owners, coaches, etc.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
As a self admitting severe Cowboys hater, I can't figure out why this skid mark made the HOF.

His record number of facelifts??? Highest number of players that have committed domestic violence on a team at one time??? He probably nominated himself as he's a self absorbed narcissist.

21 straight years of failure, 2 playoff wins in that 21 year stretch. Maybe they have just created a wing for crappy GM's I didn't know about.....maybe Bob Whitsett gets in next year???

That is just as silly as Jason Garrett winning coach of the year playing the leagues weakest schedule, and then promptly losing their first playoff game at HOME! Dan Quinn or even Billycheat deserved it over Garrett.

Josea16

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":s55vc5l1 said:
As a self admitting severe Cowboys hater, I can't figure out why this skid mark made the HOF.

His record number of facelifts??? Highest number of players that have committed domestic violence on a team at one time??? He probably nominated himself as he's a self absorbed narcissist.

21 straight years of failure, 2 playoff wins in that 21 year stretch. Maybe they have just created a wing for crappy GM's I didn't know about.....maybe Bob Whitsett gets in next year???

That is just as silly as Jason Garrett winning coach of the year playing the leagues weakest schedule, and then promptly losing their first playoff game at HOME! Dan Quinn or even Billycheat deserved it over Garrett.
I agree what has he actually done to help football and the NFL in a positive way? I don't hate him because I don't know him and hatred without knowledge is stupid. But seriously what has he ever done in the NFL to make him unique or a game changer?

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":12sexl9c said:

He won because it's the first successful season they have had in decades.

They have to say they won something, after all there Americas team.

Jerry is going to need plastic surgery on his Glory Hole and may end up as a Mannequin afterwards and they need him to put on his own jacket.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I'm fine w Jerry to the HOF.

Tell me this, what other NFL team owner do you know by his first name immediately? Or by his initials?

Love him or hate him, dude HAS made an impact on this thing called NFL that we all love.

That is indisputable.

He is a Hall of Famer for owners. Even his story of how he bought the team is funny and worth a listen. He has played the game of being an owner.

One of the best, and he fights for his team, other owners and the simple fact of our football game.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":3uf1m4ul said:
Sports Hernia":3uf1m4ul said:

He won because it's the first successful season they have had in decades.

They have to say they won something, after all there Americas team.

Jerry is going to need plastic surgery on his Glory Hole and may end up as a Mannequin afterwards and they need him to put on his own jacket.

It's not a beauty contest.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
RedAlice":2yge6nbh said:

Tell me this, what other NFL team owner do you know by his first name immediately? Or by his initials?

Love him or hate him, dude HAS made an impact on this thing called NFL that we all love.

That is indisputable.

He is a Hall of Famer for owners. Even his story of how he bought the team is funny and worth a listen. He has played the game of being an owner.

One of the best, and he fights for his team, other owners and the simple fact of our football game.

What impact has he made?

Dallas Cowboys were a popular franchise before he bought the team. The guys like Tex Schramm and Tom Landry are the reason why the Cowboys are "America's team".

When I think of top owners in the NFL - it's the Rooneys, Mara, Halas, Lamar Hunt, who top the list. Jones doesn't even come close to those guys.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2mu3oeob said:
RedAlice":2mu3oeob said:

That is indisputable.

What impact has he made?

Dallas Cowboys were a popular franchise before he bought the team. The guys like Tex Schramm and Tom Landry are the reason why the Cowboys are "America's team".

When I think of top owners in the NFL - it's the Rooneys, Mara, Halas, Lamar Hunt, who top the list. Jones doesn't even come close to those guys.
Cannot stand the guy but he is in because of Jimmy Johnson and that is all..

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
He brought the age of football into the 21st Century and made it more expensive so contracts could be expanded. He brought the age of Really Really expensive Domes for the players to showcase their art. For the dance they do on the green turf is art....like ballet without the tutu. Soon they will have to go back to wearing tutus as they will be playing 2 hand touch WWE style.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":gje2d4gi said:

That is indisputable.

Al Davis

Art Rooney

Willington Mara

Lamar Hunt

George Halas

Threedee

Reaction score
HawkGA":508ifqf6 said:
I gotta say, I don't like it. And it's not because of any Cowboy hate. There is a rule that players have to be out of the league for 5 years. Same should apply to owners, coaches, etc.

I hate it because of my dislike for the Cowgirls, but, everyone else made good points.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3asfev1f said:
He brought the age of football into the 21st Century and made it more expensive so contracts could be expanded. He brought the age of Really Really expensive Domes for the players to showcase their art. For the dance they do on the green turf is art....like ballet without the tutu. Soon they will have to go back to wearing tutus as they will be playing 2 hand touch WWE style.

I'm not arguing against it from a contribution standpoint. But I don't see why we are enshrining people when they are still in the league. And to be fair, he isn't the first. I recall at least one other, though I don't remember who. Didn't like it then either.

Josea16

Reaction score
HawkGA":1iptbvfc said:
Seahawkfan80":1iptbvfc said:

I'm not arguing against it from a contribution standpoint. But I don't see why we are enshrining people when they are still in the league. And to be fair, he isn't the first. I recall at least one other, though I don't remember who. Didn't like it then either.
Likely it's because he's dying and has Alzheimer's. Still can someone give me an actual answer to my earlier question of what has he ever done that impacted the NFL and the game for the better or actual change of game say like Pete Carroll?

Ilinoiseyhawk

Reaction score
Josea16":241sbpmu said:
[ Still can someone give me an actual answer to my earlier question of what has he ever done that impacted the NFL and the game for the better or actual change of game say like Pete Carroll?

Jones is the reason that teams can negotiate sponsorship deals (independent of the NFL) with their stadiums. Before that, the NFL would strike a deal with 3-4 major sponsors, spread the money out to teams and that was it. No individual team sponsorship was permitted. That was great for the Browns and Jaguars of the league, but other teams with more drawing power were handcuffed.

He also pushed the League owners into signing a deal with Fox.
http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowboys ... pe-for-nfl

Seanhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":rq53biul said:
RedAlice":rq53biul said:

That is indisputable.

Al Davis

Art Rooney

Willington Mara

Lamar Hunt

George Halas

All HOFers.

Rat

Reaction score
A lot of owners stay with their teams until they die. If they had enough of an impact on the league to be worthy of the Hall of Fame, I think they deserve the opportunity to be honored while they're still alive. Plus, the fans want to see these guys at their HOF ceremonies, rather than watching a commemorative plaque or jacket posthumously awarded to an heir.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
HawkGA":3cduftlx said:

I don't know why there is a 5 year rule for players. I am guessing the NFL wants their HOF players retired for statistical reasons. One of the things that I find sad is when people are inducted into the HOF and they have already past on. For brevity, I'm going to say JJ is worthy of the HOF. The man is 74 years old and one of the things that makes the HOF induction so great for the person getting in, is spending the honor with his family and the family celebrating with the inductee.

I'm sure if players could play into their 60's, 70's or 80's there would probably be a different rule.

An football player old aged man art funny painting