Hall of Fame : I have a question

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'll say it straight up, I think Tom Brady SHOULD NOT be eligible for the HOF.

He was suspended for CHEATING, breaking the rules.

Yea I get it, technically it wasn't for cheating but we all know what happened.

Future generations look up too, and aspire to be like the HOFers. What is the message we send if we allow TB to be in the HOF?

Do you think he should be allowed?
Does allowing him to get in tarnish what it all means to be a HOFer?

Do you care?, have an opinion?

Foghawk

Reaction score
I would assume you feel the same about Bill Belichick and Mrs. Kraft?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I totally disagree. You may not like him, but he deserves to be in the HOF. Whether he cheated or not, he is one of the greatest to ever play in the NFL. I could care less about deflategate. Most people forget that the actual deflategate game was against the awful Colts and the Pats could have beat them if they spotted them 2 TD's.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":g8o628i8 said:
I totally disagree. You may not like him, but he deserves to be in the HOF. Whether he cheated or not, he is one of the greatest to ever play in the NFL. I could care less about deflategate. Most people forget that the actual deflategate game was against the awful Colts and the Pats could have beat them if they spotted them 2 TD's.

That was the game they got caught. I believe someone with the Ravens organization actually tipped the Colts or League off, if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":dvfu78i6 said:

How great would he be if he hadn't cheated?

Is deflategate the only cheating that comes into play here?

Is only a little bit of cheating OK?

What's your take on Pete Rose?

Edit: or any player ever caught up in PEDs?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
pmedic920":2txs2hcg said:

Future generations look up too, and aspire to be like the HOFers. What is the message we send if we allow TB to be in the HOF?

Would you be as insecent if it the scenario happened to the Seahawks and the QB?

Foghawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1hr92uz0 said:
Foghawk":1hr92uz0 said:
I would assume you feel the same about Bill Belichick and Mrs. Kraft?

Hadn't given them much thought, yet.

TB is my focus right now.
You got an opinion on him and the HOF?

I don't think he should be eligible, or at least have to wait an additional 10 years or so to become eligible.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1kunuktl said:
pmedic920":1kunuktl said:

Would you be as insecent if it the scenario happened to the Seahawks and the QB?

Absolutely. 100%

I don't know all the history of the HOF, or the members but I think of the HOF as the Ultimate Honor.
IMHO should be reserved for the best of the best, on and off the field.

It's my opinion that OJ shouldn't be in there.

Did he commit murder?
IDK but imo the life he's lead off the field should make him ineligible.

chris98251

Reaction score
Don't like him, can't deny he earned everything, air in balls and not cooperating is not about anything to do with his on the field accomplishments, on some levels you could say he was looking for an edge and an advantage, fine but both teams play with the same balls. If your looking at someone you should be looking at Belichek.

As far as using your moral compass in the sports world, should we remove everyone that drank, used pain killers, Adderall, been arrested for something, been in a domestic violence situation, as well.

I get so sick of people trying to impose their morals on everyone connected with Sports, they are entertainers, don't like them don't watch them, but their skills on the field are why they are a success, not their moral code, it's also why their team is a success in part. If so called people are offensive to people then the Front office, team are just as derelict as well, after all they either keep them or hired them as a employee in the first place so their Moral code must be questionable also.

So yes he should go in the Hall of Fame.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":15p9ky3x said:

I get what you're saying but if he's so great why would he have to cheat? How does one know he wasn't cheating to become great?

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1yhe0lfx said:
Hawk-Lock":1yhe0lfx said:

I get what you're saying but if he's so great why would he have to cheat? How does one know he wasn't cheating to become great?

You could say all receivers that used adhesive gloves or stickum were cheating as well.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":1v14komr said:
Don't like him, can't deny he earned everything, air in balls and not cooperating is not about anything to do with his on the field accomplishments, on some levels you could say he was looking for an edge and an advantage, fine but both teams play with the same balls. If your looking at someone you should be looking at Belichek.

As far as using your moral compass in the sports world, should we remove everyone that drank, used pain killers, Adderall, been arrested for something, been in a domestic violence situation, as well.

I get so sick of people trying to impose their morals on everyone connected with Sports, they are entertainers, don't like them don't watch them, but their skills on the field are why they are a success, not their moral code, it's also why their team is a success in part. If so called people are offensive to people then the Front office, team are just as derelict as well, after all they either keep them or hired them as a employee in the first place so their Moral code must be questionable also.

This ain't about MY morals.

This is about TBs morals, and the highest honor offered to NFL players.

My opinion is, that any player inducted should be held above reproach, and that a player that was suspended for cheating is not above reproach.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me, that's why I'm asking what others think.

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":37t9csnd said:
chris98251":37t9csnd said:

My opinion is, that any player inducted should be held above reproach, and that a player that was suspended for cheating is not above reproach.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me, that's why I'm asking what others think.

It is or you would not have started the topic.

Also this is stating your Moral opinion and what you think.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":17jcznws said:
pmedic920":17jcznws said:
chris98251":17jcznws said:

Ok, fair enough.

If you're so tired of people/me imposing their/my morals on others, why don't you go visit another thread.

By making the statement that you did, you are doing the same thing you claim to be tired of.

If you want to split hairs, I'm not your Huckleberry.

I stated my opinion on the topic and asked for yours, could we please leave it at that.

If you want to debate my morals, or anybody else's, please start a thread on THAT topic.

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":3ace08kr said:
chris98251":3ace08kr said:
pmedic920":3ace08kr said:
chris98251":3ace08kr said:

Ok, fair enough.

If you're so tired of people/me imposing their/my morals on others, why don't you go visit another thread.

By making the statement that you did, you are doing the same thing you claim to be tired of.

I stated my opinion on the topic and asked for yours, could we please leave it at that.

If you want to debate my morals, or anybody else's, please start a thread on THAT topic.

Because if people don't push back on imposing people they run over every one. Just like people that complain about laws that don't vote, they had a chance to voice themselves and let it go and now complain. At least I make my thoughts known.

Actually I was stating an opinion that you asked for, I made a statement on people judging others. I would dare to guess most have situations they are not proud of doing in their lives, just they are not under a microscope like these guys are.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":2zdk365s said:
pmedic920":2zdk365s said:
chris98251":2zdk365s said:
pmedic920":2zdk365s said:
chris98251 said:

Ok, fair enough.

Because if people don't push back on imposing people they run over every one. Just like people that complain about laws that don't vote, they had a chance to voice themselves and let it go and now complain. At least I make my thoughts known.

Actually I was stating an opinion that you asked for, I made a statement on people judging others. I would dare to guess most have situations they are not proud of doing in their lives, just they are not under a microscope like these guys are.

Again, fair enough.

I stated that I personally felt that TB shouldn't be eligible for the HOF.

I asked how you felt about that.

When I said that this wasn't about "morals" you insisted that it was. It may ultimately be about "morals" but that's not what the topic of this thread is.

If you think TB has earned his place in the HOF that's what I'm looking for.

Thank you for your input.

I do think that "morals" and how they effect our society is an interesting topic.
You should consider starting a thread on that topic.

Josea16

Reaction score
pmedic920":z2mjxsnu said:

Ty Cobb was a cheater, racist and worse. He's in baseball's HOF so what is your issue again? Fact is Tom Brady is the best quarterback in NFL history even better then Joe Montana by a sliver, until someone else tops him. Deflate Gate aside.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Josea16":1ye64ymx said:
pmedic920":1ye64ymx said:

Ty Cobb was a cheater, racist and worse. He's in baseball's HOF so what is your issue again? Fact is Tom Brady is the best quarterback in NFL history even better then Joe Montana by a sliver, until someone else tops him. Deflate Gate aside.

I don't have an issue.
I have an opinion, and I'm asking what yours is.

I'm not looking for anybody to agree with me.

It's my opinion that HOF inductees should be above reproach, on and off the field they played on.

A suspension for cheating the game?
It's my opinion that should make a guy ineligible.

Tom Brady or Walter Jones, I couldn't care less.

Josea16

Reaction score
pmedic920":3kdwqmbc said:
Josea16":3kdwqmbc said:
pmedic920":3kdwqmbc said:

I don't have an issue.
I have an opinion, and I'm asking what yours is.

I'm not looking for anybody to agree with me.

It's my opinion that HOF inductees should be above reproach, on and off the field they played on.

A suspension for cheating the game?
It's my opinion that should make a guy ineligible.

Tom Brady or Walter Jones, I couldn't care less.
That isn't how it works. It's all about on field performance unless you got duped like the 1919 Chicago White Sox or gambled openly on your own team as a manager like Pete Rose. Even then who cares? Rose like most of the Black Sox belong in the HOF just like Gale Sayers, OJ Simpson and Barry Sanders regardless of who they were and what they did off the field.

It's a well known tradition to flat out cheat in baseball at every level. Why would you ever think it's any different in football..... especially the NFL? Fred B? Cheating right in front of national audiences for his ENTIRE career on television no less.