Poor Dan Quinn

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
They are talking about it right now on SportsCenter. Lost two years ago to the Pats in the SB in a heartbreaking game. Same thing all over again two years later.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately both times it was an OC that drove the stake in.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2wph01yu said:
They are talking about it right now on SportsCenter. Lost two years ago to the Pats in the SB in a heartbreaking game. Same thing all over again two years later.

Not getting a pass rush late killed him both times. Maybe he should get better at that?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
where was the pass rush in second half? you get in bradys face and knock him down he folds. they were doing a good job and then suddenly brady has all day. i think atl thought they had this in the bag and stopped playing and went soft. just a disaster...

Optimus25

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1ek4v8uc said:
Hawk-Lock":1ek4v8uc said:

Not getting a pass rush late killed him both times. Maybe he should get better at that?

Avril getting hurt isn't on him lol.

And his defense did just fine considering the time they spent out there, this is entirely on Ryan being an idiot getting stripped and shanahan calling a drop back around the twenty five, when a field goal virtually would sew the game up. Nothing else is even worth discussion.

No strip sack or no sack taking them out of fg range and it's a wrap.

Cad

Reaction score
The Atlanta D was exhausted. The Patriots had twice as many snaps. Atlanta's offense couldn't do anything in the second half and left their defense out to hang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mistaowen

Reaction score
Atlanta's super powered offense broke down in the second half. They had multiple drives past the 50 to seal the game. Couldn't do it.

Defense came out hot but was exposed. 28-20 getting onside kick, all they needed was a FG to seal the game. Instead, Matt Ryan takes a big sacks plus a holding penalty and they let the Pats drive down the field to ultimately win the game. Kyle Shanahan, you built a terrific offense but killed them when it mattered the most.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Choke job by the offense.

No score for a full half in a freaking SB, especially when one possession STARTED inside the 40? That is a choke.

The defense was gassed. That was on a team throwing to freaking Gabriel instead of Jones who was catching everything near him, covered or not.

Just stupid.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Pretty sure the Falcon's defense was punching above it's weight talent and experience wise throughout this playoff run. Randos I'd barely heard of were sacking Brady throughout the first half, but D linemen will run out of steam if they're on the field for 90 snaps. They got gassed, Brady figured out whom to throw to, and simply executed. Got an assist from some stupid falcons play calling and inability to sustain drives on their so-called almighty offense.

replicant

Reaction score
I feel bad for DQ, but he could have overruled KS on the play selection that pushed them out of FG range. Instead of passing on 2nd and 3rd down, Falcons should have played it safe with runs and kept their chance with a very makeable FG, giving them a 2 score lead. I'm an expert at hindsight.

HawkerD

Reaction score
It wasn't the sack that took them out of range. It was the holding penalty on the next play.

Largent80

Reaction score
Empty backfield on 3rd down and 1 with the game on the line??....What an easy defense to call.

I hope Shanahan continues that in SF.