As bad as SB49 was for me?

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Being up 28-3 and ending up losing a Super Bowl? I have no idea how hard of a pill that would be to swallow if I had to endure that result. No disrespect however, Thank you Atlanta Falcons for that melt down. I really thought we had the worst lost in SB history up until today.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Plus winning the year before makes this very different.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I guess mediots won't be talking about SB49 as much anymore. Thank you Falcons for that. The talk will be the "super meltdown". I knew deep down Dan Quinn bleeds Seahawk blue.

I feel bad for Quinn and some of the classier Falcons fans that were on here but there were a few Falcons fans who were classless jerks and they know who they are....you guys can go "suck it" .

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2pw5fc4e said:
Seriously, thank you Falcons.

I'm suddenly over Superbowl 49... just like that, I'm like... well, ok, it wasn't THAT bad of a loss.

Moving on...

I Just posted another thread about this topic,
Just goes to show you, the difference between a ring and misery is razor thin.

sutz

Reaction score
Funny, but I never thought that SB49 was "the greatest loss ever" or the biggest letdown or anything.

Sure it was disappointing and tough to take, but it's not like we lost by 20 or something. Any game where we're competitive right down to the end will not bear those labels for me.

:229031_shrug:

seahawksny

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3369ym38 said:
Plus winning the year before makes this very different.

Correct

Our loss in 49 is and will never be like what we saw tonight

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The funny thing is that even with TOM FREAKING BRADY, inside 2 yards they run the ball in the 4th quarter.

But yes, that was a choke job by the offense because that offense was clearly not trying to score it was trying to suck clock down - and it murdered them.

That was a choke job by an offense that chose not to try to score for an entire half.

Big mistake.

(Yes the fumble was during a pass but only after one ridiculous set of runs that essentially locked the Falcons into having to pass to convert 3rd down).

Either way, I think the Bills fans are pretty happy because the greatest SB choke job is now clearly a title held by the Falcons. This one might even be worse than losing 3 SBs, just for the sheer incompetence it takes to choke a game like that away.

Reaction score
sutz":1ognvh25 said:
Funny, but I never thought that SB49 was "the greatest loss ever" or the biggest letdown or anything.

Sure it was disappointing and tough to take, but it's not like we lost by 20 or something. Any game where we're competitive right down to the end will not bear those labels for me.

Totally agree.

sdog1981

Reaction score
yeah this loss will be considered just an absolute blunder. For 11 quarters in the playoffs this Falcons team could not be stopped. Then they imploded. It was like watching a slow motion train wreck

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It's really hard to understand how that just happened.

They needed two, 2-point conversions to even tie the damn game! Who gets two 2-pointers?

seahawksny

Reaction score
Reaneypark":2w0aglq1 said:
It's really hard to understand how that just happened.

They needed two, 2-point conversions to even tie the damn game! Who gets two 2-pointers?

And one of them was a slant to amendola eerily similar to Russells pick om the 1 in 49.

'Batts was a made man and Tommy wasn't "

Well... Brady is an mvp and Russell isnt.. it's tough to take.

Sign37now

Reaction score
sutz":5qwztx4b said:

Agreed, 49 was not even close to the greatest loss ever however it is, and will always remain "The worst play call in sports history" especially considering the situation they were in and who they had in the backfield.

cymatica

Reaction score
I think Bills losing the 3rd one may have been tougher to deal with.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1zygjy2u said:
The funny thing is that even with TOM FREAKING BRADY, inside 2 yards they run the ball in the 4th quarter.

But yes, that was a choke job by the offense because that offense was clearly not trying to score it was trying to suck clock down - and it murdered them.

That was a choke job by an offense that chose not to try to score for an entire half.

Big mistake.

(Yes the fumble was during a pass but only after one ridiculous set of runs that essentially locked the Falcons into having to pass to convert 3rd down).

Either way, I think the Bills fans are pretty happy because the greatest SB choke job is now clearly a title held by the Falcons. This one might even be worse than losing 3 SBs, just for the sheer incompetence it takes to choke a game like that away.
At first they passed in overtime at the 2, and Beasely nearly intercepted it...