What separates Bill Bellichick from other "great" coaches?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I ask this here because of where i want to go with the discussion. I also think a lot of people gloss over the relevant reasons and act like other "great" coaches just can't match his genius (or something like that).

In my eyes, there have been at least a few who could match his intellect and understanding of the game, which are undoubtedly major separation points for most, but the one thing that really puts him above the rest gets missed. Namely, he cares far less than the other guys smart enough to push him about how he wins and is willing to change his plan and buck conventional "wisdom" more.
    purpleneer
    NET Rookie

• I just think he knows the game in and out and makes smart decisions alot of the time on the feild. Hes just very experienced and knows what hes doing. Another thing is the team is also disciplined and if a player acts up they will be cut, look at what he did to jamie collins. Hes not afraid to let good players go for the greater good and always has a balanced and complete team because they dont overpay on any side of the football.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• belichik customizes his playbook on a week-by-week basis. you just don't see much of that with carroll.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

• mrblitz wrote:belichik customizes his playbook on a week-by-week basis. you just don't see much of that with carroll.

They broke down percentages of 3-4, 3-3-5, 4-3, 4-2-5 for Patriots and it was roughly about 25% each give or take a bit.

Vikings and Seahawks were 4-3/4-2-5 and nothing else.

Belichick is the only guy I know who will switch between 3 down linemen and 4. He did this as far back as his DC days with the Giants.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• He, like Carroll, has coaches that believe in their system. If the system does not work in the first series, change it up to a different system. They have the knowledge and experience in their players that have been around thru their system for the season or on other teams for base information. Then use the best of their attributes to make the team effort great. Remember he does choose those players thru draft and free agency that fit his mould just as PC.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat. MEOW.......
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Lack of scruples is an important factor.
    Q: “What is your thing?”
    A: “Lay back, kick back, mind my business, stay in my own lane.”
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

• I think that Belichick began to benefit from his success down the road, to the extent that most coaches lose their discipline when facing him. I think Tom Coughlin is one of the only coaches not to fall into this trap, and it netted him two championships.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• He is ruthless. This is salary cap pro football and you have to have the right mix of high priced players are the right positions. That means you have to cut or trade fan favorites so your team can be competitive.

Win three Superbowls and Ty Law wants more money? CUT HIM. The Same year lost in AFC Divisional round on the road.

Team captain Lawyer Milloy will not lower his cap number? CUT HIM. go 34-4 over the next two seasons win two Superbowls.

Richard Seymore first round draft pick and 3 time Superbowl winner? Traded in the final year of his contract.

Have a system that no other team is running so you can always get free agents on the cheap because they will only work in your system.

Wes Welker
    Julian Edelman
    Chris Hogan
    Deion Branch
    David Patten
    Rob Ninkovich
    Akeem Ayers
    Bobby Hamilton

I don't know what his secret is with getting teams to trade with him but he will get teams to do dumb one-sided trades all the time. Pro Tip to all GM's NEVER TRADE WITH THE PATRIOTS THEY ARE RIPPING YOU OFF!!
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• VivaEfrenHerrera wrote:Lack of scruples is an important factor.

True, he's a cheater, but as much as I hate to admit it he is the grand master of "in game" on field adjustments and does it on the fly.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• He adjusts till something works, no one stop shopping at RB, throw them out there doing their thing till they find something that works and dare you to stop it afterwards, same with WR's keeps throwing at guys till they find the guy that beats the defender regularly and go to him over and over. On defense adjusts and then makes you beat them while taking away your primary weapons.

There is one guy he goes with over and over and that's Brady, but we seen the back ups over the years have success also, Bill has no lines he won't cross as well, be it contracts, players popularity, the league and the rules, push and bend and break at times.

He also is a sponge for studying opposition and tendencies and situational play calls. One has to wonder if he has a photographic memory or something.

He has that knack of nullifying or countering situational play calls that's uncanny.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Adaptability. That's what separates BB from the rest, IMO. He is uncanny in getting his teams to adapt to whichever environment and still remain at the top. Many have mentioned this previously in this thread already.
    The Pats have been in the AFCCG game since 2011. They have won 12+ games since 2010 season.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Belichick:

1) Master tactician
    2) Master of in-game adjustments and week to week adjustments
    3) Knows the rulebook better than anyone
    4) No-nonsense approach-will cut anyone not fully committed to their program
    5) Master of the salary cap
    6) Always plays the right odds-never see any befuddling playcalls or personnel usage, offense or defense in his schemes
    7) Master cheater-see the SB against the Rams and much more
    8 Gets rid of many veterans right before their slide-never hangs on to underperforming vets with huge contracts
    9) Master at observing tendencies-anticipates what opposing coaches will do better than anyone
    10) Simply a football genius

And I still can't stand the bastard.
    2017 Adopt a Rookie: Tedric Thompson
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• sdog1981 wrote:He is ruthless. This is salary cap pro football and you have to have the right mix of high priced players are the right positions. That means you have to cut or trade fan favorites so your team can be competitive.

Win three Superbowls and Ty Law wants more money? CUT HIM. The Same year lost in AFC Divisional round on the road.

Team captain Lawyer Milloy will not lower his cap number? CUT HIM. go 34-4 over the next two seasons win two Superbowls.

Richard Seymore first round draft pick and 3 time Superbowl winner? Traded in the final year of his contract.

Have a system that no other team is running so you can always get free agents on the cheap because they will only work in your system.

Wes Welker
    Julian Edelman
    Chris Hogan
    Deion Branch
    David Patten
    Rob Ninkovich
    Akeem Ayers
    Bobby Hamilton

I don't know what his secret is with getting teams to trade with him but he will get teams to do dumb one-sided trades all the time. Pro Tip to all GM's NEVER TRADE WITH THE PATRIOTS THEY ARE RIPPING YOU OFF!!

This, plus his teams are always incredibly well coached. If they lose someone, whether through injury or trade, the next guy steps up and they don't seem to miss a beat. Hell, in 2008 they lost Tom Brady for the season and still won 11 games with Matt Cassell at QB.
    el capitan
    NET Veteran

• He has the best QB in the game getting paid like some middle of the pack vet
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Tom Brady... He has a QB who can make average talent great. This means New England is never out of a game and they never have to overpay on offense or defense to stay competitive. If you look at New Englands best teams over the years they always have one truly gifted athlete on offense (Randy Moss, Cory Dillion, Gronk, etc.) Then they surround those players with bargain guys who possess unique attributes (quickness, burst, spatial awareness, football IQ) they can build around and turn into stars (Edelman, Blount, Welker, Troy Brown, Kevin Faulk, Ect.) guys who in free agency / draft aren't going to wow you, but in the right role with a QB who can execute at the highest level will flourish.

On top of that, he's one of the best D coordinators and teachers in NFL history. When you add that with a QB who doesn't turn the ball over and consistently averages 28PPG you have a cushion that allows Belichick to experiment on personnel (cutting established players) and other things like scheme and playcalling. Think about it like this, if you know you're gonna average 28ppg, is it that big of a risk to trade a guy on defense who at his most dominant may take your defense from 18PPG to 16 PPG? It really doesn't, and if you can turn that player into a first round pick you have a very real opportunity to replace that production with new difference maker anyway.

That is what separates Belichick. In 2006 he committed to building his team around his most consistent, most valuable asset, Tom Brady. Then leveraged the teams future on his greatest attribute, his ability to identify undervalued talent and coach that talent up on defense.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• el capitan wrote:
    This, plus his teams are always incredibly well coached. If they lose someone, whether through injury or trade, the next guy steps up and they don't seem to miss a beat. Hell, in 2008 they lost Tom Brady for the season and still won 11 games with Matt Cassell at QB.

They still had Randy Moss and Wes Welker so that will help any QB out.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• I love that we generally understand that adaptability is really the main factor, but it concerns me that more folks don't take that into consideration for their own teams. It seems to be the norm to return to plan A, the original model with only minor tweaks, while we continue to watch BB succeed repeatedly by regularly making drastic changes and building his roster with flexibility to do it from week to week based on matchups. His ego isn't so tied to the success of his primary system, understanding that the game doesn't really allow for any one system to be the best for every opponent or for every season.
    I smacked my forehead when I saw somebody say that LI was proof that a team needs a power running game to finish a game. Really? Is that how the Pats won it all twice in 3 years? The Broncos? Was it that tough to see the other eff ups the Falcons had? That offense was built on the ability to attack any defensive weakness and not allow a defense to focus their efforts. The truth is no power running game is going to consistently be good enough anymore without the ability and willingness to use other tools. The playoffs will always have defenses who can stop a stubborn, basic power run game.
    purpleneer
    NET Rookie

• purpleneer wrote:I love that we generally understand that adaptability is really the main factor, but it concerns me that more folks don't take that into consideration for their own teams. It seems to be the norm to return to plan A, the original model with only minor tweaks, while we continue to watch BB succeed repeatedly by regularly making drastic changes and building his roster with flexibility to do it from week to week based on matchups.

The Steelers came in here in the playoffs and played us with the exact same defense that Belichick and Brady have stomped on year after year. It boggles the mind, what were they thinking?
    BostonBlackie
    NET Practice Squad

• steelers looked lost in that playoff game. more than once, there were 3 or 4 steelers defenders in a cluster, and a wide open patriot outside the cluster. it made me wonder what belichik were doing to create that.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

• BB's teams have very good football discipline. They don't make many mental errors. If they do, they don't do it again and again. Players and coaches are held accountable.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• purpleneer wrote:What separates Bill Bellichick from other "great" coaches?.

He has Tom Brady.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    purpleneer wrote:What separates Bill Bellichick from other "great" coaches?.

He has Tom Brady.

He went 11-5 in a season without him. Part of it's the perennially weak AFC East, but Belichick is REALLY good.

He's also got so many different whiffs of cheating over the years, that I'm not sure I'd ever be able to have "full respect" for him no matter how many more rings he gets, if you understand what I mean. Every couple of years, it's something new with him and that organization...
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    purpleneer wrote:What separates Bill Bellichick from other "great" coaches?.

He has Tom Brady.

He went 11-5 in a season without him. Part of it's the perennially weak AFC East, but Belichick is REALLY good.

He's also got so many different whiffs of cheating over the years, that I'm not sure I'd ever be able to have "full respect" for him no matter how many more rings he gets, if you understand what I mean. Every couple of years, it's something new with him and that organization...

That 2008 team was with a roster that went 16-0 the previous season. 2007-2008 is an exception to the rule.

Outside of those HISTORICALLY talented teams, the primary reason they compete every year is Brady.

No other QB in the NFL comes back against Atlanta. 2012, 49ers up 31-3 in New England, Brady brings them back to where they lose by less than a touchdown. No other QB does this. No coach calling plays does this, because it's hurry up.

It's Brady. The difference is Brady. You could even see it in 2001, when early on in the Super Bowl against the Rams, they are near their own goal line, and Brady, as young as he was, is able to deliver the slant on time with pressure from not only the Rams, but the field position (near safety land) and the Super Bowl. Brady is clutch, and Brady has eyes that no other QB has.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• I disagree that it's as much Brady as you think. New England as a team changes up at halftime better than anybody, hands down, and has for a very long time.

I'm not denigrating Brady, I just disagree on the percentage of success you award to NE overall due to Brady.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• He was just a 6th round pick, if he was that good he would have been taken in the first round, it's the coaching :)

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:He was just a 6th round pick, if he was that good he would have been taken in the first round, it's the coaching :)

Not only that he lost his starting job at Michigan. Also fun fact, he is the first QB to lead the defending national champion to an 0-2 start.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:He was just a 6th round pick, if he was that good he would have been taken in the first round, it's the coaching :)

You used the wrong smiley. Should have used this one: :stirthepot:

RolandDeschain wrote:I disagree that it's as much Brady as you think. New England as a team changes up at halftime better than anybody, hands down, and has for a very long time.

I'm not denigrating Brady, I just disagree on the percentage of success you award to NE overall due to Brady.

Maybe, but from my experience, when they change in the second half it's because they are way behind, and they just go to the hurry up... but that's where Brady calls all the plays.

Defense though, Brady doesn't run the defense. So maybe that's Billicheat's contribution.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:He was just a 6th round pick, if he was that good he would have been taken in the first round, it's the coaching :)

RolandDeschain wrote:I disagree that it's as much Brady as you think. New England as a team changes up at halftime better than anybody, hands down, and has for a very long time.

Maybe, but from my experience, when they change in the second half it's because they are way behind, and they just go to the hurry up... but that's where Brady calls all the plays.

Defense though, Brady doesn't run the defense. So maybe that's Billicheat's contribution.

Brady was far from great for 2 1/2 quarters in 51, and while his receivers could have helped him, he had some just plain bad plays even with guys open. He easily played bad enough to lose to a mediocre Houston team playing with some real disadvantages. He wasn't good in 49, with 2 bad picks, until defensive injuries and limitations made it easy. Tom Brady is great when the opponent makes it easy by going soft and simple or just plain isn't good. If either of their last 2 SB opponents had taken advantage of being in the driver's seat, he doesn't come close to either comeback win. It's extra baffling that Pittsburgh just let him have it easy all game.
    Any real upper-level defense can handle him if they get help from their O and don't get stupid. It certainly helps that they are as willing as they are to run "trick" plays and pick spots to take advantage of potential shortcomings in the rules.
    Last edited by purpleneer on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    purpleneer
    NET Rookie

• purpleneer wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:He was just a 6th round pick, if he was that good he would have been taken in the first round, it's the coaching :)

Brady was far from great for 2 1/2 quarters in 51, and while his receivers could have helped him, he had some just plain bad plays even with guys open. He easily played bad enough to lose to a mediocre Houston team playing with some real disadvatages. He wasn't good in 49, with 2 bad picks, until defensive injuries and limitations made it easy. Tom Brady is great when the opponent makes it easy by going soft and simple or just plain isn't good. If either of their last 2 SB opponents had taken advantage of being in the driver's seat, he doesn't come close to either comeback win. It's extra baffling that Pittsburgh just let him have it easy all game.
    Any real upper-level defense can handle him if they get help from their O and don't get stupid. It certainly helps that they are as willing as they are to run "trick" plays and pick spots to take advantage of potential shortcomings in the rules.

Leading comebacks in the 4th quarters of SB's is the definition of greatness. It was Montana's 91 yard drive against Cinci that established his legacy, and it was Elway's last minute drive against Cleveland in an AFCC game that cemented his. In this game Brady led a 91 yard drive in the last 3 minutes of regulation to tie it (including a 2-point conversion play, plus an OT touchdown drive, plus several earlier scoring drives in the 2nd half - 31 straight points. So what were you saying again?

Atlanta was a tough opponent, as you well know. So was Seattle 2 years ago. Falling behind to teams like that isn't playing badly, it's a measure of the competition.
    50yrpatsfan
    NET Rookie

• 50yrpatsfan wrote:
    purpleneer wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:

Brady was far from great for 2 1/2 quarters in 51, and while his receivers could have helped him, he had some just plain bad plays even with guys open. He easily played bad enough to lose to a mediocre Houston team playing with some real disadvantages. He wasn't good in 49, with 2 bad picks, until defensive injuries and limitations made it easy. Tom Brady is great when the opponent makes it easy by going soft and simple or just plain isn't good. If either of their last 2 SB opponents had taken advantage of being in the driver's seat, he doesn't come close to either comeback win. It's extra baffling that Pittsburgh just let him have it easy all game.

Leading comebacks in the 4th quarters of SB's is the definition of greatness. It was Montana's 91 yard drive against Cinci that established his legacy, and it was Elway's last minute drive against Cleveland in an AFCC game that cemented his. In this game Brady led a 91 yard drive in the last 3 minutes of regulation to tie it (including a 2-point conversion play, plus an OT touchdown drive, plus several earlier scoring drives in the 2nd half - 31 straight points. So what were you saying again?

Atlanta was a tough opponent, as you well know. So was Seattle 2 years ago. Falling behind to teams like that isn't playing badly, it's a measure of the competition.

I meant exactly what I said, whatever the competition level, Brady played badly in those those games until the opponent blew it and made it easy. And Atlanta wasn't exactly a great defense but part of the deficit was a Shaub-esque pick-6 Brady threw.
    purpleneer
    NET Rookie

• Two things, IMO:

(1) Most great NFL coaches are hedgehogs (great at one thing) whereas Bellichick is more a of a fox (very good at many different things.

Think of guys like Kyle Shannahan who no matter who he has is going to run "his" offense, or PC who had a competitive advantage when he wanted big CBs when they were undervalued, but now is still stuck on big CBs even when they're overvalued.

Bellichick doesn't have any of that. Even with the best QB in the NFL they're a power run team a lot of weaks.

(2) He's done a better job than anyone at instituting a culture, and getting rid of anyone, no matter how talented, if they deviate from it.

If you don't know the playbook you get cut, if you fumble you get benched, and if you try to freelance you get traded. It doesn't matter if you're an All-Pro or not.

In a weird way when it comes to scheming and strategy he DOESN'T have a regimented system like most coaches do, but when it comes to team building he has a MUCH MORE regimented system than most coaches do.

Basically, he's atypically flexible for "what we do" questions, and atypically inflexible for "who we are" questions.

It's what makes him the best coach in the NFL, IMO.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• West TX Hawk wrote:Belichick:

7) Master cheater-see the SB against the Rams and much more

And I still can't stand the bastard.

See what?
    Pape
    NET Bench Warmer

• RolandDeschain wrote:I disagree that it's as much Brady as you think. New England as a team changes up at halftime better than anybody, hands down, and has for a very long time.

Nobody else but Brady could have come back like he did in the last 2 Superbowls he played. Maybe Joe Montana, but not anybody else.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• purpleneer wrote:I ask this here because of where i want to go with the discussion. I also think a lot of people gloss over the relevant reasons and act like other "great" coaches just can't match his genius (or something like that).

In my eyes, there have been at least a few who could match his intellect and understanding of the game, which are undoubtedly major separation points for most, but the one thing that really puts him above the rest gets missed. Namely, he cares far less than the other guys smart enough to push him about how he wins and is willing to change his plan and buck conventional "wisdom" more.

Cheating.
    Rambitious
    NET Practice Squad

• ivotuk wrote:Nobody else but Brady could have come back like he did in the last 2 Superbowls he played. Maybe Joe Montana, but not anybody else.

The comeback against us wasn't much, and absolutely would not have happened if we had ignore concussion protocol like they did.

Worlds apart from the comeback he did against Atlanta.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Bellichick is plainly just smarter than anyone else. He's secretly a Mathematician/Genius working for NASA and has this little hobby/distraction called Football to do in his spare time. Also, Brady.
    Seahawk
    NET Practice Squad

• Pretty simple. Replace Kearse, Willson, Gilliam, KPL, Rubin with younger, hungrier, improving players. Probably would've shipped off Sherman by now too.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Not being able to grow his coaching tree.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Rookie

• Tical21 wrote:Pretty simple. Replace Kearse, Willson, Gilliam, KPL, Rubin with younger, hungrier, improving players. Probably would've shipped off Sherman by now too.
    5:1, interesting at best given we aren't talking fantasy football. How about you get real and at least entertain me with just how you plan this in the current FA and draft? With what we actually have? Bonus problem Kearse and Lane aren't leaving this year. It's a cap thing and reality. So hit me I'm curious abou your solution. Don't include JG. Remember this isn't Nintendo and JG almost destroyed records while dealing with ridiculous bullshit from every imaginable angle. And a ridiculously serious injury. Let's trade him though .....says .Net all full of guys working in the NFL and in the know right?

How about deal with the fact that he is a modern era TE and not some glorified in line blocker circa 1975. The rules have changed adapt or die. New England gets it and we need to do similar. Football is still football if can run with authority you can pass with impunity. And you can still do the deep strike vertical game. IF YOU CONTROL top and run to shorten the game.

We just want to actually run then use the short pass game. Both work. Both are meant to do the exact same thing. I prefer running but that's a personal opinion.
    Josea16
    NET Starter

• Josea16 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:Pretty simple. Replace Kearse, Willson, Gilliam, KPL, Rubin with younger, hungrier, improving players. Probably would've shipped off Sherman by now too.
    5:1, interesting at best given we aren't talking fantasy football. How about you get real and at least entertain me with just how you plan this in the current FA and draft? With what we actually have? Bonus problem Kearse and Lane aren't leaving this year. It's a cap thing and reality. So hit me I'm curious abou your solution. Don't include JG. Remember this isn't Nintendo and JG almost destroyed records while dealing with ridiculous bullshit from every imaginable angle. And a ridiculously serious injury. Let's trade him though .....says .Net all full of guys working in the NFL and in the know right?

How about deal with the fact that he is a modern era TE and not some glorified in line blocker circa 1975. The rules have changed adapt or die. New England gets it and we need to do similar. Football is still football if can run with authority you can pass with impunity. And you can still do the deep strike vertical game. IF YOU CONTROL top and run to shorten the game.

We just want to actually run then use the short pass game. Both work. Both are meant to do the exact same thing. I prefer running but that's a personal opinion.

Except that we treat him like a glorified in line blocker circa 1975.

We don't want to use the short pass game. Are we watching the same team?

Easy, Cut Kearse and KPL. It would cost you 1 million to get their replacements. Not that difficult. Teams cut players under contract all the time. The Seahawks have had tons of dead cap hits over the past five years. How is this that difficult to understand? If we were New England, they would not be on this roster anymore. If you're not getting better, you're gone. Is it a difficult concept?
    I'm fly
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Tical21 wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:Pretty simple. Replace Kearse, Willson, Gilliam, KPL, Rubin with younger, hungrier, improving players. Probably would've shipped off Sherman by now too.

Easy, Cut Kearse and KPL. It would cost you 1 million to get their replacements. Not that difficult. Teams cut players under contract all the time. The Seahawks have had tons of dead cap hits over the past five years. How is this that difficult to understand? If we were New England, they would not be on this roster anymore. If you're not getting better, you're gone. Is it a difficult concept?

Why don't you apply for Schneiders job, is it a difficult concept?

Or do you accept failure before trying?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Tical21 wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:

Yeah we should just cut/trade everyone ready for a payday contract and have lots of cap space to sign unknown F.A.'s and then bully them into playing and cheating hoping that our Owner will run interference so the season can play out and then just pay fines.

Perfect Franchise Management !

Don't need a G.M. if we cut/trade everyone going to a second contract, the coach can just pick guys that he can treat like expendables.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:

Yeah we should just cut/trade everyone ready for a payday contract and have lots of cap space to sign unknown F.A.'s and then bully them into playing and cheating hoping that our Owner will run interference so the season can play out and then just pay fines.

Perfect Franchise Management !

Don't need a G.M. if we cut/trade everyone going to a second contract, the coach can just pick guys that he can treat like expendables.

The question is about what makes Bellichick different than the rest, in particular as it relates to us. Which culture is healthier and a greater preference for individuals is a completely different conversation. I'm not saying it is right or wrong or would work here, but in Bellichick's world, if you're not improving, it's time to move on. It is just a fact.
    I'm fly
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:

I tried for the better part of a decade to get into that building.
    I'm fly
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Tical21 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:

I tried for the better part of a decade to get into that building.[/quote]

That's why you are here. It's easy to armchair GM, not so much in the real world.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:
    That's why you are here. It's easy to armchair GM, not so much in the real world.

You think being this far ahead of the game is easy?
    I'm fly
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 9:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information