Options declined on Clady and Beachum

getnasty

Reaction score
The more options out there the cheaper they get, Hopefully Okung is next.

sdog1981

Reaction score
You member when the Seahawks drafted JR Sweezy instead of Kelvin Beachum? I member

Chapow

Reaction score
sdog1981":ieaocz1m said:
You member when the Seahawks drafted JR Sweezy instead of Kelvin Beachum? I member

Nope. But I generally don't fret much over which 7th round guy got picked ahead of which other 7th round guy. Every team in the league declined to draft either of them several times. The Steelers were exceptionally fortunate to get what turned out to be (at least for a season or two) a quality T at the cost of a 7th round pick.

Also, "On March 15, 2016, the Jacksonville Jaguars signed Beachum to a one-year, $5 million contract that includes a four-year, $40 million option with $1.5 million guaranteed... Beachum finished his first season with the Jaguars starting in 15 games and was considered a disappointment after surrendering 49 quarterback pressures... On February 15, 2017, the Jaguars declined Beachum's four-year option, making him a free agent."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin_Beachum

getnasty

Reaction score
Chapow":2wwwswqs said:
sdog1981":2wwwswqs said:

Nope. But I generally don't fret much over which 7th round guy got picked ahead of which other 7th round guy. Every team in the league declined to draft either of them several times. The Steelers were exceptionally fortunate to get what turned out to be (at least for a season or two) a quality T at the cost of a 7th round pick.

Also, "On March 15, 2016, the Jacksonville Jaguars signed Beachum to a one-year, $5 million contract that includes a four-year, $40 million option with $1.5 million guaranteed... Beachum finished his first season with the Jaguars starting in 15 games and was considered a disappointment after surrendering 49 quarterback pressures... On February 15, 2017, the Jaguars declined Beachum's four-year option, making him a free agent."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin_Beachum

The Sweezy pick turned out to be a good one