Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

I quit being a sports fan

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
I quit being a sports fan
Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:39 pm
  • I've decided it's a waste of time. I don't care what the 49ers, Giants, or Warriors do. They don't know I exist. You're basically only cheering for a logo. I rather cheer for myself and achieve my own wins in my own life than worry what a bunch of people who don't care about me or know I exist.

Marvin49erfan lives through his 49ers, hahahahaha. It's one thing being a fan. It's another thing trying to be that team's defense attorney on a board about a different team and fanbase.

49er fans are the worst fans in the league, by far. Dumbest ones, too.
    RationalNiner
    NET Rookie

Re: I quit being a sports fan
Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:02 pm
  • RationalNiner wrote:I've decided it's a waste of time. I don't care what the 49ers, Giants, or Warriors do. They don't know I exist. You're basically only cheering for a logo. I rather cheer for myself and achieve my own wins in my own life than worry what a bunch of people who don't care about me or know I exist.

Marvin49erfan lives through his 49ers, hahahahaha. It's one thing being a fan. It's another thing trying to be that team's defense attorney on a board about a different team and fanbase.

Ah, so you've decided to quit being a 49er fan and now you're going to spend your time telling 49er fans, and everybody else, how much 49er fans suck. Sounds awesome, good luck with that.

Have you ever heard the saying "The only thing worse than a smoker is an ex smoker"?
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:23 pm
  • :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

An Ex-Niner (exiled?) fan on a Seahawks board trolling Niner fans.
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:02 pm
  • The biggest quagmire I've always wondered about sports fandom is what if your entire team was compiled of jackasses and criminals, and another team over a couple years acquired morally conscious, good wholesome people who were also the best at their profession. In this instance what is the legitimate rationale for continuing to root for your team?. I agree with you that (blank) fan till i die is stupid. The turnover from one decade to the next leaves your decision rather hollow. For example i grew up in the very center of championship Bulls teams led by the best basketball player of all time. Given the privilege of growning up near all that, the day Jordan left and the whole organization was no longer any semblance of its former self, i quit the Chicago bulls cold turkey and haven't even remotely cared to root for them since. I just watch games and develop a rooting interest from the storylines and development in the game itself, and it's been rather liberating actually. In fact I've almost found myself rooting against the bulls more than for them.

I guess it just means more to the native Seattle folks here, like many others who are actually connected to the community of their team. I've been an Illinois native Seahawks fan half my life, then military everywhere else thereafter. Seattle could fall in the ocean and I'd only be concerned with the historic loss of life, but otherwise the next couple days I'd be alright lol. I have no connection with the community but I've often wondered why I'm so driven to this particular brand.

At least in my case i actually like losers with a redeeming quality, so if i were to jump ship i wouldn't go New England and just follow winners thereafter. I like following the nuanced losers from their path from the dirt to the mountain top, like being a hawks fan from about 1992- present in the middle of Illinois.

But yeah, this San Fran group is so pathetic i just don't see the value of loyalty. It's a complete waste of your small existence here.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:39 pm
  • "I quit being a sports fan" otherwise known as the bandwagon thread.
    907Hawk
    NET Rookie

Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:08 am
  • 907Hawk wrote:"I quit being a sports fan" otherwise known as the bandwagon thread.

This. Real fans don't quit. Only bandwagon jumpers. (or people who become monks)
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:01 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    907Hawk wrote:"I quit being a sports fan" otherwise known as the bandwagon thread.

This. Real fans don't quit. Only bandwagon jumpers. (or people who become monks)

The closest thing I've come to quitting was not following the team quite as closely in the '04-'10 years following the long dynasty run. I had followed the team pretty closely since the late '80s up until '03 or so, knowing the rosters pretty well.

The catch is I've been a New Yorker most of my life (since late '85 after moving from SF), so I haven't been an in town viewer of the 49ers essentially the entire time I've been a fan, since my parents were the ones really watching back in the early '80s while I was still very young. I haven't even seen a Niner game in TV in the SF bay area since I left (that I can recall actually watching closely).....going to the Panthers game at the stick in 2013 was the only time I could say I saw a Niners game in SF that I truly remembered.

Only Niner games I got to watch living in NYC, SC, VA were nationally televised games and playoffs. I would continue this pretty much during the post Mariucci dark years, but since the Niners sucked they would only get 1 or 2 nationally televised games a year. Don't think Sunday Ticket was popular or readily available, and I didn't have incentive to join or go watch at a sporst bar. Remember that Sunday Ticket wasn't around back in 1994 when the Niners and Cowboys faced off in the regular season for perhaps the most anticipated regular season game I could recall never seeing....all because FOX couldn't make it a simple game of the week (damn NY Giants).

The forum world wasn't quite what it is now, so I didn't have quite the motivation to join a 49er forum.

Every year would be treated as a new year despite the last. Slowly we picked up guys like Gore, Vernon, Crabtree, and I kept thinking if we had a QB we'd be a decent team. I remember watching the 49ers/Saints Monday night game on my birthday in September 2010, and being so hopeful for a win as the game went on. Then the team proceeded to an 0-5 start.

But the weird NFC West that year where the Niners had a shot at clinching the division was real late in the season. Because of that possibility I went to an NYC sports bar to watch Niners/Rams in St. Louis, where Ted Ginn had the freak out.

If I lived in SF the whole time I'd equate this to bandwagon behavior, but since I didn't I felt I was ok.

But you know what.....after getting into the Niners hard with Harbaugh and now the major suckage with Tomsula and Kelly, I'm now 10000% embedded forever as a fan. I know the team now better than I did even in say 1998, thanks to the net and stuff. I've even endured maybe 10 games of the 2015 season on TV at sports bars....which is way more than anyone should have to endure.

No matter what happens with Shanahan and Lynch, I'll be following closely.

I'm on .NET causing havoc with nothing to back it up. :irishdrinkers: :mrgreen:

I'm curious if there are any Seahawk fans who have never seen a Seahawk game on TV in the Seattle area their entire life? (or even to make the argument simple, let's just say less than 3-4 games your whole life).

Consider let's say a 7 year old kid from Seattle right now who has seen the Wilson led SB hawks who then moves to the east coast and never comes back. Imagine trying to be a Seahawk fan then?
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:58 am
  • I've never seen a Seahawk game on TV in the Seattle area. I'm from Iowa and have lived in the Chicago suburbs for about 20 years now. Growing up, the Seahawks were maybe on TV once or twice a year. I would get a bulk of my knowledge from reading Clare Farnsworth's 2-3 paragraph blurbs in the Sporting News.

I've been out to at least one game since the new stadium opened, but I never saw a game in the Kingdome. The opening of the new stadium coincided nicely with me being out of college for a couple years and actually having money to travel on my own.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:34 am
  • Confession - I jumped ship from the ninners. In 1975 when we got a team of our own (74? When it was announced, it's been a long time...). The ninners sucked back then like they do now, so it wasn't a bandwagon thing, I just thought that Seattle as a city probably had more in common with SF than other NFL cities, without ever having traveled anywhere to actually see for myself. Poverty and all that, combined with still being a school lad. I sure as hell didn't switch from the Seahawks when I was in the Navy, or during the 80s when I lived and worked in SoCal!
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:39 am
  • NINEster wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    907Hawk wrote:"I quit being a sports fan" otherwise known as the bandwagon thread.

The closest thing I've come to quitting was not following the team quite as closely in the '04-'10 years following the long dynasty run. I had followed the team pretty closely since the late '80s up until '03 or so, knowing the rosters pretty well.

The catch is I've been a New Yorker most of my life (since late '85 after moving from SF), so I haven't been an in town viewer of the 49ers essentially the entire time I've been a fan, since my parents were the ones really watching back in the early '80s while I was still very young. I haven't even seen a Niner game in TV in the SF bay area since I left (that I can recall actually watching closely).....going to the Panthers game at the stick in 2013 was the only time I could say I saw a Niners game in SF that I truly remembered.

Only Niner games I got to watch living in NYC, SC, VA were nationally televised games and playoffs. I would continue this pretty much during the post Mariucci dark years, but since the Niners sucked they would only get 1 or 2 nationally televised games a year. Don't think Sunday Ticket was popular or readily available, and I didn't have incentive to join or go watch at a sporst bar. Remember that Sunday Ticket wasn't around back in 1994 when the Niners and Cowboys faced off in the regular season for perhaps the most anticipated regular season game I could recall never seeing....all because FOX couldn't make it a simple game of the week (damn NY Giants).

The forum world wasn't quite what it is now, so I didn't have quite the motivation to join a 49er forum.

Every year would be treated as a new year despite the last. Slowly we picked up guys like Gore, Vernon, Crabtree, and I kept thinking if we had a QB we'd be a decent team. I remember watching the 49ers/Saints Monday night game on my birthday in September 2010, and being so hopeful for a win as the game went on. Then the team proceeded to an 0-5 start.

But the weird NFC West that year where the Niners had a shot at clinching the division was real late in the season. Because of that possibility I went to an NYC sports bar to watch Niners/Rams in St. Louis, where Ted Ginn had the freak out.

If I lived in SF the whole time I'd equate this to bandwagon behavior, but since I didn't I felt I was ok.

But you know what.....after getting into the Niners hard with Harbaugh and now the major suckage with Tomsula and Kelly, I'm now 10000% embedded forever as a fan. I know the team now better than I did even in say 1998, thanks to the net and stuff. I've even endured maybe 10 games of the 2015 season on TV at sports bars....which is way more than anyone should have to endure.

No matter what happens with Shanahan and Lynch, I'll be following closely.

I'm on .NET causing havoc with nothing to back it up. :irishdrinkers: :mrgreen:

I'm curious if there are any Seahawk fans who have never seen a Seahawk game on TV in the Seattle area their entire life? (or even to make the argument simple, let's just say less than 3-4 games your whole life).

Consider let's say a 7 year old kid from Seattle right now who has seen the Wilson led SB hawks who then moves to the east coast and never comes back. Imagine trying to be a Seahawk fan then?

I never lived near them either when I became a fan. But I did fly over to see them at the final game at the Stick (what a memory, btw).

But I was a diehard fan from books, not from the game on tv. I read about them in the library, about how Bill Walsh used intellect rather than brawn with his teams, and this method, this WAY, hooked me (that and Tecmo Super Bowl). Next thing I know I'm reading back issues of Sports Illustrated about them, and then finally getting to watch Steve Young and Jerry Rice write poetry.

So basically, the old 49er Way is why I jumped on the band wagon, and I've never even thought about jumping off since.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:37 am
  • Optimus25 wrote:The biggest quagmire I've always wondered about sports fandom is what if your entire team was compiled of jackasses and criminals, and another team over a couple years acquired morally conscious, good wholesome people who were also the best at their profession. In this instance what is the legitimate rationale for continuing to root for your team?. I agree with you that (blank) fan till i die is stupid. The turnover from one decade to the next leaves your decision rather hollow. For example i grew up in the very center of championship Bulls teams led by the best basketball player of all time. Given the privilege of growning up near all that, the day Jordan left and the whole organization was no longer any semblance of its former self, i quit the Chicago bulls cold turkey and haven't even remotely cared to root for them since. I just watch games and develop a rooting interest from the storylines and development in the game itself, and it's been rather liberating actually. In fact I've almost found myself rooting against the bulls more than for them.

I guess it just means more to the native Seattle folks here, like many others who are actually connected to the community of their team. I've been an Illinois native Seahawks fan half my life, then military everywhere else thereafter. Seattle could fall in the ocean and I'd only be concerned with the historic loss of life, but otherwise the next couple days I'd be alright lol. I have no connection with the community but I've often wondered why I'm so driven to this particular brand.

At least in my case i actually like losers with a redeeming quality, so if i were to jump ship i wouldn't go New England and just follow winners thereafter. I like following the nuanced losers from their path from the dirt to the mountain top, like being a hawks fan from about 1992- present in the middle of Illinois.

But yeah, this San Fran group is so pathetic i just don't see the value of loyalty. It's a complete waste of your small existence here.

So like if you were a Jailblazers fan a few years back?
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:36 pm
  • If I were a 9ers, Chargers, Lakers, or Kings fan I'd quit watching sports too.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:38 am
  • Seafan wrote:If I were a 9ers, Chargers, Lakers, or Kings fan I'd quit watching sports too.

Bandwagons always thin out when teams go through bad periods.

I think it's kinda silly to brag about being a hardcore fan who sticks with it during awfulness, but I think it's even more silly to brag on a sports messageboard about how you've decided not to watch sports anymore (let alone make a whole thread about it, as RationalNiner did). That's fine, but why would anyone care?
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:52 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    Seafan wrote:If I were a 9ers, Chargers, Lakers, or Kings fan I'd quit watching sports too.

I think it's kinda silly to brag about being a hardcore fan who sticks with it during awfulness, but I think it's even more silly to brag on a sports messageboard about how you've decided not to watch sports anymore (let alone make a whole thread about it, as RationalNiner did). That's fine, but why would anyone care?

Especially on another teams board... if the purpose was to draw attention you'd think there would be far more handwringing outrage on the 9ers board.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:34 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    Seafan wrote:If I were a 9ers, Chargers, Lakers, or Kings fan I'd quit watching sports too.

Especially on another teams board... if the purpose was to draw attention you'd think there would be far more handwringing outrage on the 9ers board.

But but but he is a rational niner fan? LOL
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:35 am

Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:57 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    RationalNiner wrote:I've decided it's a waste of time. I don't care what the 49ers, Giants, or Warriors do. They don't know I exist. You're basically only cheering for a logo. I rather cheer for myself and achieve my own wins in my own life than worry what a bunch of people who don't care about me or know I exist.

Ah, so you've decided to quit being a 49er fan and now you're going to spend your time telling 49er fans, and everybody else, how much 49er fans suck. Sounds awesome, good luck with that.

Have you ever heard the saying "The only thing worse than a smoker is an ex smoker"?

The Butthurt is strong in this one.
    Biscanebay12
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:12 am
  • ^^^ I think you're probably seeing the subtext of posting history in there.

Now that he's gone, I guess it's safe to say that Rational9er's posting history has always been about 60% self-aggrandizing blowhard mixed with 30% condescension and trolling and 10% pandering to Seahawks fans.

EDIT: I SWEAR this wasn't intentional, but the OP perfectly falls into those bins. :lol: :lol:

60% self-aggrandizing blowhard:

RationalNiner wrote:I've decided it's a waste of time. I don't care what the 49ers, Giants, or Warriors do. They don't know I exist. You're basically only cheering for a logo. I rather cheer for myself and achieve my own wins in my own life than worry what a bunch of people who don't care about me or know I exist.

30% condescension and trolling

RationalNiner wrote:Marvin49erfan lives through his 49ers, hahahahaha. It's one thing being a fan. It's another thing trying to be that team's defense attorney on a board about a different team and fanbase.

10% pandering to Seahawks fans

RationalNiner wrote:49er fans are the worst fans in the league, by far. Dumbest ones, too.

EDIT II: Mods, if it's not cool for me to make a post like this, my bad, and happy to delete it.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:17 pm
  • As long as your not attacking the poster it's typically ok, that and since it's 49er and I quit 49er fan interaction were watching with interest to see where this goes.

Here are some tools to help you Popeye, nothing like a good fillet :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:19 am
  • If I don't have a personal reason to root for a team, I always cheer for local/Washington teams, such as Gonzaga or the Sounders. Really, the only fandom I have outside of the region is Notre Dame.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:39 am
  • Meh
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:51 pm
  • Nah,

i really have been trying to tell everyone watching sports = waste of time but people in this country are too obsessed with it. niners could win a SB next year and i wouldn't be happy or excited about it. who cares? not my life.

in a perfect world, sports wouldn't get nearly as much attention.
    RationalNiner
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:20 pm
  • What a weird post.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:17 am
  • I don't think dude gets what being a fan is about. You watch as a form of entertainment. You root for your local team, regardless. You pay your tax money to them. They represent you. When they go visit some other guy's local team, you root for your local team to beat the other guy's local team. That's the fun of it. Now, it was a lot different when local teams were actual local teams, but teams started buying ringers and it all had to be regulated and so forth, but the gist still remains. If you don't want to root for you local team anymore, fine, but now you're watching as an analytical experience, and you're missing out on the fun part.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:37 am
  • RationalNiner wrote:Nah,

i really have been trying to tell everyone watching sports = waste of time but people in this country are too obsessed with it. niners could win a SB next year and i wouldn't be happy or excited about it. who cares? not my life.

Trust me, everyone here understands that you've lost interest in sports and therefore for you watching sports is a waste of time.

That's fine. I doubt anyone really cares (why would they?), but it's fine.

I think the problem we're having is that you've somehow deluded yourself until believing that because YOU no longer derive pleasure from watching sports that nobody else should either.

That's patently ridiculous.

Watching and talking about sports is a leisure activity. Everyone has leisure activities they enjoy. If you don't enjoy stamp collecting it's a waste of time, but if you do enjoy stamp collecting it isn't. The same goes for playing an instrument, drawing, reading, going hiking, cooking, etc., etc., etc., and watching sports.

Basically, when you say "in a perfect world, sports wouldn't get nearly as much attention" what you're actually saying is "in a perfect world, I would be in charge of what everyone enjoys in their leisure activities, and what everyone does in their leisure time would be mandated by me." I guess it would be fun to have everyone everywhere share your interests, but it's both delusional and narcissistic to run around insisting that everyone else is dumb because they spend their leisure time differently than you do.

If your goal is to go around the web and find all the boards for leisure activities you don't choose to participate in so that you can tell people who do participate in them that they're wasting their time, go ahead and knock yourself out, but you've got a pretty big project on your hands, and scurrying around being a smug and ineffectual blowhard to strangers is kind of a weird form of leisure.

TL;DR Seriously, nobody cares. Get over yourself.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:30 am
  • RationalNiner wrote:Nah,

why are you wasting your time on a sports board? There has to be some science or education forum or something you can go to that would be worthy of your time.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:01 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:
    RationalNiner wrote:Nah,

why are you wasting your time on a sports board? There has to be some science or education forum or something you can go to that would be worthy of your time.

to get less people cheering for a scam
    RationalNiner
    NET Rookie

Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:00 am
  • RationalNiner wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:

Ok, catching up and this is some FUNNY STUFF.

Either this is a bored off-season troll, or well, I am not allowed to say else.

I guess to play, there is a shack here: operas, theatre, hiking, traveling, weird stuff know one knows about.....you know other than sports things are all up for conversation with these sweet fans.....

Good luck to you being a fan of NOT BEING A FAN: seems fun!!! Good use of your time on earth.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:13 am
  • RationalNiner wrote:I've decided it's a waste of time. I don't care what the 49ers, Giants, or Warriors do. They don't know I exist. You're basically only cheering for a logo. I rather cheer for myself and achieve my own wins in my own life than worry what a bunch of people who don't care about me or know I exist.

Seriously?
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:35 am
  • Largent80 wrote:I quit posting......................................oops.

You sir, will never quit posting. You're addicted. Me? I quit. Rational 49er is correct the 49ers suck as usual. I'm not really quitting I love my team... even the 1990's joke version. I may not live in Washington right now but that's where lived for more then half my life. So yeah, Seattle teams until death.:)
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:55 am
  • RedAlice wrote:
    RationalNiner wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:

Ok, catching up and this is some FUNNY STUFF.

Either this is a bored off-season troll, or well, I am not allowed to say else.

I guess to play, there is a shack here: operas, theatre, hiking, traveling, weird stuff know one knows about.....you know other than sports things are all up for conversation with these sweet fans.....

Good luck to you being a fan of NOT BEING A FAN: seems fun!!! Good use of your time on earth.

Methinks they are more like sweet Taters....bury them in the ground and they multiply.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:31 pm
  • Being a sports fan is enjoying watching sports period. I watch hockey, football, soccer and many other sports. More or less time is spent watching depending on what else I feel like doing then

I have certainly seen people get turned off by their team and stop cheering from them. However if you are a sports fan you still enjoy the same / other sports

Now some people just cheer for their team and don't really care for either sports.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:53 am
  • I think it's an interesting topic. How could anyone rationally support the Stealers QB after what he did?
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:59 am
  • ivotuk wrote:I think it's an interesting topic. How could anyone rationally support the Stealers QB after what he did?

First you have to come to the conclusion that sports fans are not rational, look at this board, look at the stands of games, look what happens when teams win or lose a championship in their cities and the aftermath, look at what happens in some games to fans who wear jerseys in a stadium they are not the home team in.

Now you can ask your question.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:10 am
  • You also do find yourself in a spot where you aren't going to stop rooting for your team just because of what an individual did. If so and you applied that to products you purchased you would end up not buying a lot of goods because they have had individuals do illegal acts and remain employed especially in cases where not convicted........

Example -- I am a Cubs fan. Chapman was on the mound to win the WS. Was I not supposed to root for him to get the outs? Just because he did a despicable act was I supposed to hope that my team lost? So by rooting for my team I had to root for him to succeed at that point of the game
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:19 pm

Dude. Completely understand. There's a better way, and it's called being a Seahawks fan.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Rookie

Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:31 pm
  • NINEster wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:

But to be a real fan, you have to understand the game. Most fans of any team won't patiently explain to an fellow adult why that no-call on 3rd down was instrumental, or why it should have been called or not, or what "holding" vs "pass interference" vs "unsportsmanlike conduct" exactly implies for the game.

My BF, who watched the 49ers practice in Redwood City, finally explained all the questions I was too embarrassed to ask. Which turned me into a Seahawk fan.

We are still together.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:31 am
  • mikeak wrote:You also do find yourself in a spot where you aren't going to stop rooting for your team just because of what an individual did. If so and you applied that to products you purchased you would end up not buying a lot of goods because they have had individuals do illegal acts and remain employed especially in cases where not convicted........

Example -- I am a Cubs fan. Chapman was on the mound to win the WS. Was I not supposed to root for him to get the outs? Just because he did a despicable act was I supposed to hope that my team lost? So by rooting for my team I had to root for him to succeed at that point of the game

You are a Cubs fan? Seriously? My primary sport is baseball. Cubs fan mother f... :17:
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:54 am

I dunno, those falcons fans may have passed em up this year, in my opinion. I am so glad they lost the Superbowl, I didn't want to have a full year of them on this board rubbing it in.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:56 pm
  • Jimjones0384 wrote:I dunno, those falcons fans may have passed em up this year, in my opinion. I am so glad they lost the Superbowl, I didn't want to have a full year of them on this board rubbing it in.

Yeah, much better to let cheaters continue to prosper to protect your feelings. :roll:
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:05 pm
  • Jimjones0384 wrote:I dunno, those falcons fans may have passed em up this year, in my opinion. I am so glad they lost the Superbowl, I didn't want to have a full year of them on this board rubbing it in.

Seriously? Panthers fans were WAY worse in 2015 than Falcons fans last year. Listening to them defend their petulant child of a QB..... :pukeface:
    This is becoming far too common for my tastes.

RIP Cortez Kennedy, 1968-2017

RIP Sir Roger Moore, 1927-2017
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:56 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote:I dunno, those falcons fans may have passed em up this year, in my opinion. I am so glad they lost the Superbowl, I didn't want to have a full year of them on this board rubbing it in.

Seriously? Panthers fans were WAY worse in 2015 than Falcons fans last year. Listening to them defend their petulant child of a QB..... :pukeface:

So, were the Panthers your No. 2 team? Against even the Pats? J/k. You don't have to answer that.

Back to OP's original point: It's irritating having prices inflated beyond reasonable rent while having all these adolescents and bandwagoners hop on who know nothing about football or basketball or baseball. If you are going to invest that kind of coin, you should at least care.

I personally got engaged in football only when someone bothered to actually explain it vs. insinuating that "duh, you shoulda known that, you're a moron, how could you not get that" and so forth. Which causes people not familiar with football to act like they know more than they do when clearly (York) they don't and it's a marketing ploy.

Not everyone has dads or bros who understood the game or played the most physical positions in varsity. And fact, those who did are stuck up about explaining to those who didn't, mostly.

I completely understand how that anyone invested in the 9ers since they practiced in Redwood City can't and maybe shouldn't reverse that. As it's understood that given my late understanding of the situation, I independently decided on another team.

The Jan. 1 game was memorable because the 9ers fans that showed up knew football, and because the Seattle fans who made that trip obviously did. OK, they outnumbered the 9ers 3 to 1 too, and it was cool to see that on Caltrain. But overall, it was nice to a) be able to afford two seats in 110, and b) see people engaged in the game for once.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:28 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote:I dunno, those falcons fans may have passed em up this year, in my opinion. I am so glad they lost the Superbowl, I didn't want to have a full year of them on this board rubbing it in.

So, were the Panthers your No. 2 team? Against even the Pats? J/k. You don't have to answer that.

Back to OP's original point: It's irritating having prices inflated beyond reasonable rent while having all these adolescents and bandwagoners hop on who know nothing about football or basketball or baseball. If you are going to invest that kind of coin, you should at least care.

I personally got engaged in football only when someone bothered to actually explain it vs. insinuating that "duh, you shoulda known that, you're a moron, how could you not get that" and so forth. Which causes people not familiar with football to act like they know more than they do when clearly (York) they don't and it's a marketing ploy.

Not everyone has dads or bros who understood the game or played the most physical positions in varsity. And fact, those who did are stuck up about explaining to those who didn't, mostly.

I completely understand how that anyone invested in the 9ers since they practiced in Redwood City can't and maybe shouldn't reverse that. As it's understood that given my late understanding of the situation, I independently decided on another team.

The Jan. 1 game was memorable because the 9ers fans that showed up knew football, and because the Seattle fans who made that trip obviously did. OK, they outnumbered the 9ers 3 to 1 too, and it was cool to see that on Caltrain. But overall, it was nice to a) be able to afford two seats in 110, and b) see people engaged in the game for once.
    Stop trying to be logical and reasonable. It just doesn't fit your fanbase. EVER!!! What's next? Actual non-asswipe Cowboys and Redskin fans. I can only buy so much and the last two are way beyond the pale and the current definition of sanity.:)

Though if given the choice I prefer San Francisco as our rival over Arizona and Los Angeles. You guys have history of winning and usually do it with class. Well at least if not with class you're not Arizona.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:17 am
  • Um, you're aware I'm a Seahawks fan, right? j/k.

The Cards aren't intrinsically despicable. There was the 6-6 tie in OT but that was just as much on the Hawks. The fan base isn't overly entitled as opposed to say the Pats. They provided good football entertainment even though...you know.

The 9ers proved only able to do 2-14. Both against the Rams. That is not optimal football competition even within the div.

Fun fact, right before the last game I went to south shore and bet the spread for Seattle as it was so obvious. And lost;-(
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:55 am
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:Um, you're aware I'm a Seahawks fan, right? j/k.

The Cards aren't intrinsically despicable. There was the 6-6 tie in OT but that was just as much on the Hawks. The fan base isn't overly entitled as opposed to say the Pats. They provided good football entertainment even though...you know.

The 9ers proved only able to do 2-14. Both against the Rams. That is not optimal football competition even within the div.

Fun fact, right before the last game I went to south shore and bet the spread for Seattle as it was so obvious. And lost;-(

We were really bad last year. Sorry SCH. Well, not really bad but really disappointing. I think my disgust for Arizona is all about my disgust of Arians. He is such a Pittsburgh bitch whiner type. Straight from the school of Mike Tomlinson. I still remember his bullshit cheap shot against Baltimore in 2012.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information