I could see him signing for what Jamarcus Webb got, but we learn from past mistakes doing less guaranteed money, and incentive based included i.e. making roster and playing time.
Pretty much lets say he signs, he gets a 250k signing bonus, and can earn another 250k with a workout bonus. Then, if he makes the team he earns $1m base guaranteed. Then every start he make is worth 125k or 500k per 4 starts. At most, he could make $3.5 if he starts every game.
Which would be fair.
Although, the dream would be to get Giacomini for the vet min.
I think we are a prime team to land Giacomini, if we want him.
1. Giacomini is an acquired taste, I think few teams run the offenses that utilize his strengths.
2. There are more established RTs, and better options available in FA plus in the upcoming draft the strength at OT favors RT prospects.
3. I think the familarity with Cable, Carroll, the team, and the system makes him a solid fit for him and us. Again, not many teams run the ZBS or power running scheme that would utilize a mauling RT.
4. Breno is not only old but average at best with really no upside. I don't think there will be a high bid for him unless being on the market now generates interests in teams that are impatient to fill a need.
5. I think why the Seahawks would want him isn't just because they do need insurance at RT. But because they have a young O-Line and they could use a veteran presence to help set the tone much like McQuistan did in 2011. McQ much like Giacomini was athletically limited and average at best but he helped develop the younger guys by setting the example and playing with toughness and nastiness we saw over the years. I can see Giacomini being that kind of guy for us. Help us remember what it was to be despicable.
WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!