Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Latavius Murray

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Latavius Murray
Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:37 am
  • Expected to test free agency. I have not seen a ton of him but he is only 27. Not sure what his injury history is like and we already have the injury ward filled with our current backs. Would there be interest from the Seahawks?

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/repo ... ket-022617
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Re: Latavius Murray
Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:47 am
  • As you referenced, I think injuries are the big red flag with him. He's shown tremendous talent, but limited durability in his short career.
    Kennedyin92
    NET Starter

Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:55 pm
  • He'd be worth pursuing. He's a physical runner who has the propensity to score tds in the redzone (see the splits stats below - "by field position" section). He scored 11 of his 12 tds from the redzone. He definitely would be an upgrade over anyone in the current Seahawk backfield from that perspective.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/15920/latavius-murray
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:47 pm
  • Not a huge fan honestly. Very physically gifted, but just kind of a meh runner. A guy with his physical traits should be much more physically imposing and should get much more than he does. He ran behind a top 3 line in the league and was very average each and every game.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:02 pm
  • No thanks. He was running behind one of the best lines in football last year and all he could manage was a 788 yards and losing more and more carries to his backups as the year went on.

If RB is a priority (which I believe it is) then why not use a pick in an extremely deep RB group in this year's draft rather than picking up other teams has beens and never weres? To me RB is one of the riskiest and worst positions to try to supplement with free agents. I think it's much smarter to trust your scouts and keep a steady stream of young backs coming in to stock the position.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:53 pm
  • DJrmb wrote:No thanks. He was running behind one of the best lines in football last year and all he could manage was a 788 yards and losing more and more carries to his backups as the year went on.

If RB is a priority (which I believe it is) then why not use a pick in an extremely deep RB group in this year's draft rather than picking up other teams has beens and never weres? To me RB is one of the riskiest and worst positions to try to supplement with free agents. I think it's much smarter to trust your scouts and keep a steady stream of young backs coming in to stock the position.

well then we need to keep looking....don't think that guy is on our roster yet. Hopefully we scout better at the RB position.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:43 pm
  • Rawls has shown some ability. Hell he's already ran for more yards in a single game than Marshawn Lynch ever did in a game in his entire career. Unfortunately he's had injury problems so far (like most of the veteran RB's so many want in free agency). Maybe he'll be healthy going forward maybe not, but I agree that we can't rely on hoping he'll be healthy going forward without doing something to protect if that isn't the case.

In my opinion this draft will tell a lot about how confident Seattle is in Rawls and Prosise going forward. Personally I would love to see them spend an early pick on one of Cook, Fournette, or Mixon even if they have to trade up a bit to snag one.

Seattle hasn't been great at drafting RB talent. The biggest mistake being CMike as a 2nd rounder. But they have hit on the position before too. Just think if they would have held onto Spencer Ware...
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:25 pm
  • DJrmb wrote:Rawls has shown some ability. Hell he's already ran for more yards in a single game than Marshawn Lynch ever did in a game in his entire career. Unfortunately he's had injury problems so far (like most of the veteran RB's so many want in free agency). Maybe he'll be healthy going forward maybe not, but I agree that we can't rely on hoping he'll be healthy going forward without doing something to protect if that isn't the case.

In my opinion this draft will tell a lot about how confident Seattle is in Rawls and Prosise going forward. Personally I would love to see them spend an early pick on one of Cook, Fournette, or Mixon even if they have to trade up a bit to snag one.

Seattle hasn't been great at drafting RB talent. The biggest mistake being CMike as a 2nd rounder. But they have hit on the position before too. Just think if they would have held onto Spencer Ware...

Where is this great group of backs we have drafted at ?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:38 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Rawls has shown some ability. Hell he's already ran for more yards in a single game than Marshawn Lynch ever did in a game in his entire career. Unfortunately he's had injury problems so far (like most of the veteran RB's so many want in free agency). Maybe he'll be healthy going forward maybe not, but I agree that we can't rely on hoping he'll be healthy going forward without doing something to protect if that isn't the case.

I'm not sure if you just miss read something, or if you're assuming something that I didn't say? I never said that we've drafted "a great group of backs". As a matter of fact I said "Seattle hasn't been great at drafting RB talent".
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:23 pm
  • I've never liked Murray's game. He's very replacable. If anyone gives him even decent FA money they're making a mistake, IMO.

He's slightly above a replacement level player.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:36 pm
  • DJrmb wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:Rawls has shown some ability. Hell he's already ran for more yards in a single game than Marshawn Lynch ever did in a game in his entire career. Unfortunately he's had injury problems so far (like most of the veteran RB's so many want in free agency). Maybe he'll be healthy going forward maybe not, but I agree that we can't rely on hoping he'll be healthy going forward without doing something to protect if that isn't the case.

I'm not sure if you just miss read something, or if you're assuming something that I didn't say? I never said that we've drafted "a great group of backs". As a matter of fact I said "Seattle hasn't been great at drafting RB talent".

Looking back yes I didn't see the "t, what happens when your reading every post everyday, sometimes the eyes get tired or someone interrupts you mid read and you get the wrong message, my mistake carry on.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:34 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information