Latavius Murray

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
As you referenced, I think injuries are the big red flag with him. He's shown tremendous talent, but limited durability in his short career.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Not a huge fan honestly. Very physically gifted, but just kind of a meh runner. A guy with his physical traits should be much more physically imposing and should get much more than he does. He ran behind a top 3 line in the league and was very average each and every game.

DJrmb

Reaction score
No thanks. He was running behind one of the best lines in football last year and all he could manage was a 788 yards and losing more and more carries to his backups as the year went on.

If RB is a priority (which I believe it is) then why not use a pick in an extremely deep RB group in this year's draft rather than picking up other teams has beens and never weres? To me RB is one of the riskiest and worst positions to try to supplement with free agents. I think it's much smarter to trust your scouts and keep a steady stream of young backs coming in to stock the position.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
DJrmb":g89l91xp said:
No thanks. He was running behind one of the best lines in football last year and all he could manage was a 788 yards and losing more and more carries to his backups as the year went on.

If RB is a priority (which I believe it is) then why not use a pick in an extremely deep RB group in this year's draft rather than picking up other teams has beens and never weres? To me RB is one of the riskiest and worst positions to try to supplement with free agents. I think it's much smarter to trust your scouts and keep a steady stream of young backs coming in to stock the position.

well then we need to keep looking....don't think that guy is on our roster yet. Hopefully we scout better at the RB position.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Rawls has shown some ability. Hell he's already ran for more yards in a single game than Marshawn Lynch ever did in a game in his entire career. Unfortunately he's had injury problems so far (like most of the veteran RB's so many want in free agency). Maybe he'll be healthy going forward maybe not, but I agree that we can't rely on hoping he'll be healthy going forward without doing something to protect if that isn't the case.

In my opinion this draft will tell a lot about how confident Seattle is in Rawls and Prosise going forward. Personally I would love to see them spend an early pick on one of Cook, Fournette, or Mixon even if they have to trade up a bit to snag one.

Seattle hasn't been great at drafting RB talent. The biggest mistake being CMike as a 2nd rounder. But they have hit on the position before too. Just think if they would have held onto Spencer Ware...

chris98251

Reaction score
DJrmb":3mf6j364 said:
Rawls has shown some ability. Hell he's already ran for more yards in a single game than Marshawn Lynch ever did in a game in his entire career. Unfortunately he's had injury problems so far (like most of the veteran RB's so many want in free agency). Maybe he'll be healthy going forward maybe not, but I agree that we can't rely on hoping he'll be healthy going forward without doing something to protect if that isn't the case.

In my opinion this draft will tell a lot about how confident Seattle is in Rawls and Prosise going forward. Personally I would love to see them spend an early pick on one of Cook, Fournette, or Mixon even if they have to trade up a bit to snag one.

Seattle hasn't been great at drafting RB talent. The biggest mistake being CMike as a 2nd rounder. But they have hit on the position before too. Just think if they would have held onto Spencer Ware...

Where is this great group of backs we have drafted at ?

DJrmb

Reaction score
chris98251":laytguag said:
DJrmb":laytguag said:

I'm not sure if you just miss read something, or if you're assuming something that I didn't say? I never said that we've drafted "a great group of backs". As a matter of fact I said "Seattle hasn't been great at drafting RB talent".

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I've never liked Murray's game. He's very replacable. If anyone gives him even decent FA money they're making a mistake, IMO.

He's slightly above a replacement level player.

chris98251

Reaction score
DJrmb":39mgmdid said:
chris98251":39mgmdid said:
DJrmb":39mgmdid said:

I'm not sure if you just miss read something, or if you're assuming something that I didn't say? I never said that we've drafted "a great group of backs". As a matter of fact I said "Seattle hasn't been great at drafting RB talent".

Looking back yes I didn't see the "t, what happens when your reading every post everyday, sometimes the eyes get tired or someone interrupts you mid read and you get the wrong message, my mistake carry on.