Who will be hit hardest by Free Agency?

Erebus

Reaction score
This is by no means a thorough evaluation of teams' free agents, but I did a quick count of PFT's Top 100 free agent list. The Packers have nine upcoming free agents in the top 100, three more than any other team. I know they like to play the comp pick game, but this has to hurt their roster for next year, depending on how many they can keep. Their notable free agents are (numbers represent PFT's ranks, which are their opinion only):

19. G TJ Lang
23. OLB Nick Perry
33. SS Micah Hyde
36. C J.C. Tretter
63. RB Eddie Lacy
70. TE Jared Cook
82. OLB Julius Peppers
95. OLB Datone Jones
97. OLB Jaryone Elliot (restricted)

The Patriots, Ravens, and Cowboys all have six upcoming free agents in the top 100. Expect all three to suffer some free agent losses this year, because they are all teams that like to play the comp pick game.

No other team is in a worse situation than the Redskins though, because there is a great possibility they lose their starting QB. I believe the franchise tag would make Cousins the 2nd highest paid QB in the league behind Andrew Luck, because he was tagged last year and having it again requires a 20% pay raise. I expect him to be tagged and traded.

The Cardinals have five in the top 100, including two in the top 10 (Chandler Jones and Calais Campbell), but they franchised Jones. Very little chance of them being able to retain Campbell. All their notable free agents are on the defensive side of the ball.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/27/pfts-free-agent-hot-100/

Largent80

Reaction score
Cowboys are going to need to PAY that O-Line and also they have that stupid Romo deal. Oh Man

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Erebus":1oagrp7r said:
This is by no means a thorough evaluation of teams' free agents, but I did a quick count of PFT's Top 100 free agent list. The Packers have nine upcoming free agents in the top 100, three more than any other team. I know they like to play the comp pick game, but this has to hurt their roster for next year, depending on how many they can keep. Their notable free agents are (numbers represent PFT's ranks, which are their opinion only):

19. G TJ Lang
23. OLB Nick Perry
33. SS Micah Hyde
36. C J.C. Tretter
63. RB Eddie Lacy
70. TE Jared Cook
82. OLB Julius Peppers
95. OLB Datone Jones
97. OLB Jaryone Elliot (restricted)

The Patriots, Ravens, and Cowboys all have six upcoming free agents in the top 100. Expect all three to suffer some free agent losses this year, because they are all teams that like to play the comp pick game.

No other team is in a worse situation than the Redskins though, because there is a great possibility they lose their starting QB. I believe the franchise tag would make Cousins the 2nd highest paid QB in the league behind Andrew Luck, because he was tagged last year and having it again requires a 20% pay raise. I expect him to be tagged and traded.

The Cardinals have five in the top 100, including two in the top 10 (Chandler Jones and Calais Campbell), but they franchised Jones. Very little chance of them being able to retain Campbell. All their notable free agents are on the defensive side of the ball.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/27/pfts-free-agent-hot-100/

Cousins is overrated and no one in their right mind will trade a pick higher than 3rd for his services. Without some of the players around Cousins and his HC - Jay Gruden, he would be another Jay Cutler. Watch him go to another team and not put up the numbers he did with the Redskins. His HC has a lot to do with why he has the numbers he does.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Cousins threw for almost 5k yards this year, over 4k last year and is nowhere near the mental midget that Jay Cutler is.

The Redskins are idiots if they trade him away, and if they do they will net much more than a 3rd round pick. That is a guarantee.

OP
OP
E

Erebus

Reaction score
Have to agree with Hawk_Nation. I think he goes for a high first round pick, if he's traded at all. Not saying he's great or a franchise QB, but he's at least above average and good QBs are hard to find.