Malcolm Smith

Reaction score
What do u guys think about trying to bring back Malcolm Smith. I think it could be a good move he has been playing well knows the system. I dont know how much he would cost but given the right deal I would love to see the Super Bowl MVP back in a Seahawk uniform.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/839919101053034497[/tweet]

Good for him. Can see why the Hawks wouldn't be interested in a reunion at that cost.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1yr2fa20 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/839919101053034497[/tweet]

Good for him. Can see why the Hawks wouldn't be interested in a reunion at that cost.

Wow, that's a generous contract for an average player. I guess that superbowl mvp has earned him a ton of money

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Well, that's what happens when you have 100 bazillion dollars in cap room. Did you see what Cleveland did? They took on Osweiler's contract to gain a 2nd round pick (basically buying a high draft pick).

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":31gqqu0m said:
Well, that's what happens when you have 100 bazillion dollars in cap room. Did you see what Cleveland did? They took on Osweiler's contract to gain a 2nd round pick (basically buying a high draft pick).

No problem with them spending money and front loading, it's just, they are selecting bad players. 9ers would have been better off grabbing high priced impact guys. Not a bunch of mediocre. The signings have been for replacement level guys.

At least the browns are doing some real work on their o-line.

Jville

Reaction score
Coordinator Robert Saleh is familiar with Malcom Smith. Saleh clearly expects Smith to help with the installation of his defensive scheme. It is not at all unusual to pay a little extra to add a key installation player.

Watching Robert Saleh put together his own unique variation of Pete's defense offers a next era of entertainment for 49er fans.

rlkats

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2r05y0r7 said:
5_Golden_Rings":2r05y0r7 said:

No problem with them spending money and front loading, it's just, they are selecting bad players. 9ers would have been better off grabbing high priced impact guys. Not a bunch of mediocre. The signings have been for replacement level guys.

You know the good thing about signing the players they did? They all are better than what we had. Hate to say it but this team might only win a few games but there is finally a buzz around the fan base and team.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
rlkats":2x00rloq said:
Coug_Hawk08":2x00rloq said:
5_Golden_Rings":2x00rloq said:

You know the good thing about signing the players they did? They all are better than what we had. Hate to say it but this team might only win a few games but there is finally a buzz around the fan base and team.
What you are not seeing is that it drives the players pay scale up off balance..The NFL is a mess with average players getting these big contracts.Sign Romo please SC @18 million per ..

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I feel sorry for Smith. Superbowl MVP to the bottom of the barrel.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well he is one of the few Non QB/RB's to even be remembered or stay in the league after getting it.

irocdave

Reaction score
rlkats":yhcbm92i said:
Coug_Hawk08":yhcbm92i said:
5_Golden_Rings":yhcbm92i said:

I haven't visited the toilet zone in months, and that may explain my response. From the outside looking in, I believe the niners hit rock bottom at the end of the 2016 season. It's now up in the air how they will respond. Seems that an appropriate amount of gutting occurred to let football people do what needs to be done, and there are fresh faces in what seems like the power positions. Now the questions are -
are the new, young, unproven decision makers capable of turning the page?
Will the dipshit owner keep his pudgy fingers out of the batter?
If things don't go so well in the first couple of years will pudgy fingers stand down? Should he stand down?

Let the drama play out. I for one am happy the natural rivals for the Seahawks have a new direction. Get better and push the Seahawks. I want that rivalry again.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
I come on here from time to time to chat about the Niners. Hey are doing exactly what they need. It's not that they are spending freely and wasting money. They are so devoid of not just talent but players in general. I am so happy about the signing of Malcom Smith. He is a solid young LB who not only has played on a championship team but is a great leader in the locker room. He's just 27 and he is directly connected to the system we want to run. Shanny & lynch are bringing in players who are 27 and under to go along with all the other young talent that has been drafted. Malcom Smith is our new T'Keo Spikes. Good solid guy with some limitations. After signing 13 free agents we still have more than 50 million in space. I see D' nta Hightower maybe. Or at least hope

Latest posts