Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Malcolm Smith

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Malcolm Smith
Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:28 pm
  • What do u guys think about trying to bring back Malcolm Smith. I think it could be a good move he has been playing well knows the system. I dont know how much he would cost but given the right deal I would love to see the Super Bowl MVP back in a Seahawk uniform.
    The office of Thomas and Chancellor specializing in Defense.
    thegreeninyoureye
    NET Veteran

Re: Malcolm Smith
Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:04 pm
  • No thanks, we can draft a LB and plug him in. Save the $$ for CB and OL.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:13 am

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:29 am

• Good for him. Can see why the Hawks wouldn't be interested in a reunion at that cost.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:48 pm
  • HawkFan72 wrote:

Good for him. Can see why the Hawks wouldn't be interested in a reunion at that cost.

Wow, that's a generous contract for an average player. I guess that superbowl mvp has earned him a ton of money
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:47 am
  • Well, that's what happens when you have 100 bazillion dollars in cap room. Did you see what Cleveland did? They took on Osweiler's contract to gain a 2nd round pick (basically buying a high draft pick).
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:03 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Well, that's what happens when you have 100 bazillion dollars in cap room. Did you see what Cleveland did? They took on Osweiler's contract to gain a 2nd round pick (basically buying a high draft pick).

No problem with them spending money and front loading, it's just, they are selecting bad players. 9ers would have been better off grabbing high priced impact guys. Not a bunch of mediocre. The signings have been for replacement level guys.

At least the browns are doing some real work on their o-line.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:52 am
  • Coordinator Robert Saleh is familiar with Malcom Smith. Saleh clearly expects Smith to help with the installation of his defensive scheme. It is not at all unusual to pay a little extra to add a key installation player.

Watching Robert Saleh put together his own unique variation of Pete's defense offers a next era of entertainment for 49er fans.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:01 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:Well, that's what happens when you have 100 bazillion dollars in cap room. Did you see what Cleveland did? They took on Osweiler's contract to gain a 2nd round pick (basically buying a high draft pick).

No problem with them spending money and front loading, it's just, they are selecting bad players. 9ers would have been better off grabbing high priced impact guys. Not a bunch of mediocre. The signings have been for replacement level guys.

You know the good thing about signing the players they did? They all are better than what we had. Hate to say it but this team might only win a few games but there is finally a buzz around the fan base and team.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:22 pm
  • rlkats wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:Well, that's what happens when you have 100 bazillion dollars in cap room. Did you see what Cleveland did? They took on Osweiler's contract to gain a 2nd round pick (basically buying a high draft pick).

You know the good thing about signing the players they did? They all are better than what we had. Hate to say it but this team might only win a few games but there is finally a buzz around the fan base and team.

What you are not seeing is that it drives the players pay scale up off balance..The NFL is a mess with average players getting these big contracts.Sign Romo please SC @18 million per ..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:00 pm
  • I feel sorry for Smith. Superbowl MVP to the bottom of the barrel.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:27 pm
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:I feel sorry for Smith. Superbowl MVP to the bottom of the barrel.

Seriously? He has the MVP. He already has a ring. Now he's cashing in, and the Niners are dumb enough to pay. He's doing pretty well right now.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:16 pm
  • Well he is one of the few Non QB/RB's to even be remembered or stay in the league after getting it.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:48 pm
  • Chancellor should have been the MVP
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:56 pm
  • Yes, Kam was MVP.

But thanks Malcolm.

Go Hawks.
    gonzhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:05 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Well he is one of the few Non QB/RB's to even be remembered or stay in the league after getting it.

Somehow, I think Raider fans still remember Larry Brown. :P
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:10 pm
  • rlkats wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:

I haven't visited the toilet zone in months, and that may explain my response. From the outside looking in, I believe the niners hit rock bottom at the end of the 2016 season. It's now up in the air how they will respond. Seems that an appropriate amount of gutting occurred to let football people do what needs to be done, and there are fresh faces in what seems like the power positions. Now the questions are -
    are the new, young, unproven decision makers capable of turning the page?
    Will the dipshit owner keep his pudgy fingers out of the batter?
    If things don't go so well in the first couple of years will pudgy fingers stand down? Should he stand down?

Let the drama play out. I for one am happy the natural rivals for the Seahawks have a new direction. Get better and push the Seahawks. I want that rivalry again.
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:43 am
  • I come on here from time to time to chat about the Niners. Hey are doing exactly what they need. It's not that they are spending freely and wasting money. They are so devoid of not just talent but players in general. I am so happy about the signing of Malcom Smith. He is a solid young LB who not only has played on a championship team but is a great leader in the locker room. He's just 27 and he is directly connected to the system we want to run. Shanny & lynch are bringing in players who are 27 and under to go along with all the other young talent that has been drafted. Malcom Smith is our new T'Keo Spikes. Good solid guy with some limitations. After signing 13 free agents we still have more than 50 million in space. I see D' nta Hightower maybe. Or at least hope
    Bob Loblaw
    NET Rookie

Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:53 pm
  • He had two really good seasons in Oakland. Good for him.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information