Do you think john and pete would get AP?

RussB

Reaction score
Its probably not gonna happen. But do you think they would pull the trigger on him? Beast mode is gone and AP aside from injuries can bring that presence back, a powerful runner who would fit the scheme and could bring the running game back on track for the seahawks. Rawls is good and all but lets be real hes no AP. Can you imagine a procise and peterson tandem?

Do they have enough money for him? if they draft a guy like ramzyk or robinson and get AP this could be a good deal.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Largent80":1xvhccw3 said:
I think not. The draft has a LOT of good RB's available. We have 3 rd round picks.
I doubt they target a Rb in the draft, i think they will either draft DB's or linemen. But do you think they have enough money for a 1 year deal with AP? And maybe also target a linemen in free agency?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RussB":3jeixteo said:
Largent80":3jeixteo said:
I think not. The draft has a LOT of good RB's available. We have 3 rd round picks.
I doubt they target a Rb in the draft, i think they will either draft DB's or linemen. But do you think they have enough money for a 1 year deal with AP? And maybe also target a linemen in free agency?

I think AP has his sights on something bigger than a 1 year deal, and is probably certain he can get it from a team.

Largent80

Reaction score
I TOTALLY think the Hawks target an RB in the draft. Prosise and Rawls were both injured and are recovering. Collins will be a seldom used 2nd year man.

The draft is FILLED with talented runners. GET ONE.

That, and DB (obviously).

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":at1nwp5k said:
AP is on the wrong side of 30.

He has not been effective in awhile. He needs a top shelf O line.

I see him going to Oakland, perhaps.
He was injured all of last year basically.The season before though he had the rushing title behind a mediocre o line that was just decent.Health is the only question mark with him and i think he can still be very effective even at 31. Lets not forget that 3 years ago he was suspended all season so he hasnt exactly been getting beaten up the past couple of years.

Largent80

Reaction score
Runners need to be youthful. Regardless of AP not playing much, he is over 30, and THAT is a magic number for RB's in this league. We have all seen it for years.

Get a youngster, throw him in there and that's pretty much it.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I'm not as against AP as some are, but on a reasonable year long contract I doubt he'd come, he'll get better offers. That said if all the breaks went our way and he was willing, I'd take a flyer. I have 0 interest in much coming out of the draft on the line, it's a weak year and whomever would fall to us wouldn't be the pick of the litter. No need to reach just to fill oline when there should be some help available during fa

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm interested to see if the Hawks kick Ifedi to RT and draft OG which is deep in the draft.

The work I have done is telling me there are a reasonable amount of DB, RB and LB prospects in this draft.

Prior to last year the team was to put Gilliam at LT. He got hurt and they never pursued it further. Just wondering if that is a possibility although there are rumblings of Okung and Clady coming for visits.

All that I have said is OL related, because I don't think the Seahawks are going to spend money for AP.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
He had his best years with Darrell as his OC. Not suggesting we should bust the bank for him, but if he's reasonable with his salary demands and covets winning a title, why not us as a landing spot for 2 years?

nash72

Reaction score
The Seahawks have the worst line in the NFL. Peterson wouldnt come here even if the Hawks pursued him, which they wont.

Largent80

Reaction score
I would advise people to go to the Draft forum and read up on all the RB's available in this years draft and you will stop thinking about all these old dudes, and when I say old, I'm talkin 30 or more.

Hell, I'm 64 and saying 30 is old, but with 330 pound dudes trying to remove your head, you had better be nimble, and that is youth my friends.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
nash72":wui59af4 said:
Siouxhawk":wui59af4 said:
He had his best years with Darrell as his OC.

You mean when he was young.
Sure he was young, but AP isn't your normal cat. He keeps himself in peak athletic shape and has a knack for putting together huge comeback seasons when others have written him off. Look, if the economics aren't good for us, I'd pass on him too. But if he would make some salary concessions to get a ring, I'd certainly think about it. Baseline totals I'd expect from him in a shared backfield is 900 yards and 10 touchdowns.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1fmqgtuc said:
He's going to New England, NY (Giants) or the Packers.
I would LOVE to see him on the Packers strictly for the revenge entertainment factor.
I agree with you and think the Giants make a lot of sense.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
iigakusei":9oar2gvr said:
Hawk_Nation":9oar2gvr said:
He's going to New England, NY (Giants) or the Packers.
I would LOVE to see him on the Packers strictly for the revenge entertainment factor.
I agree with you and think the Giants make a lot of sense.

I think this is the biggest fear of all MN Viking fans here

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2wffkzi9 said:
nash72":2wffkzi9 said:
Siouxhawk":2wffkzi9 said:
He had his best years with Darrell as his OC.

You mean when he was young.
Sure he was young, but AP isn't your normal cat. .

Exactly. Darrell Bevell has little to do with his success.