Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Do you think john and pete would get AP?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Do you think john and pete would get AP?
Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:09 am
  • Its probably not gonna happen. But do you think they would pull the trigger on him? Beast mode is gone and AP aside from injuries can bring that presence back, a powerful runner who would fit the scheme and could bring the running game back on track for the seahawks. Rawls is good and all but lets be real hes no AP. Can you imagine a procise and peterson tandem?

    Do they have enough money for him? if they draft a guy like ramzyk or robinson and get AP this could be a good deal.
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1893
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • I think not. The draft has a LOT of good RB's available. We have 3 rd round picks.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


  • Largent80 wrote:I think not. The draft has a LOT of good RB's available. We have 3 rd round picks.

    I doubt they target a Rb in the draft, i think they will either draft DB's or linemen. But do you think they have enough money for a 1 year deal with AP? And maybe also target a linemen in free agency?
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1893
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • RussB wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:I think not. The draft has a LOT of good RB's available. We have 3 rd round picks.

    I doubt they target a Rb in the draft, i think they will either draft DB's or linemen. But do you think they have enough money for a 1 year deal with AP? And maybe also target a linemen in free agency?



    I think AP has his sights on something bigger than a 1 year deal, and is probably certain he can get it from a team.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11966
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • AP is on the wrong side of 30.

    He has not been effective in awhile. He needs a top shelf O line.

    I see him going to Oakland, perhaps.
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 9015
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: San Diego, CA


  • I TOTALLY think the Hawks target an RB in the draft. Prosise and Rawls were both injured and are recovering. Collins will be a seldom used 2nd year man.

    The draft is FILLED with talented runners. GET ONE.

    That, and DB (obviously).
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


  • FlyingGreg wrote:AP is on the wrong side of 30.

    He has not been effective in awhile. He needs a top shelf O line.

    I see him going to Oakland, perhaps.

    He was injured all of last year basically.The season before though he had the rushing title behind a mediocre o line that was just decent.Health is the only question mark with him and i think he can still be very effective even at 31. Lets not forget that 3 years ago he was suspended all season so he hasnt exactly been getting beaten up the past couple of years.
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1893
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • Runners need to be youthful. Regardless of AP not playing much, he is over 30, and THAT is a magic number for RB's in this league. We have all seen it for years.

    Get a youngster, throw him in there and that's pretty much it.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


  • I'm not as against AP as some are, but on a reasonable year long contract I doubt he'd come, he'll get better offers. That said if all the breaks went our way and he was willing, I'd take a flyer. I have 0 interest in much coming out of the draft on the line, it's a weak year and whomever would fall to us wouldn't be the pick of the litter. No need to reach just to fill oline when there should be some help available during fa
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1110
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:13 am


  • I'm interested to see if the Hawks kick Ifedi to RT and draft OG which is deep in the draft.

    The work I have done is telling me there are a reasonable amount of DB, RB and LB prospects in this draft.

    Prior to last year the team was to put Gilliam at LT. He got hurt and they never pursued it further. Just wondering if that is a possibility although there are rumblings of Okung and Clady coming for visits.

    All that I have said is OL related, because I don't think the Seahawks are going to spend money for AP.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


  • He had his best years with Darrell as his OC. Not suggesting we should bust the bank for him, but if he's reasonable with his salary demands and covets winning a title, why not us as a landing spot for 2 years?
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2899
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


  • The Seahawks have the worst line in the NFL. Peterson wouldnt come here even if the Hawks pursued him, which they wont.
    User avatar
    nash72
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 832
    Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:33 am


  • Siouxhawk wrote:He had his best years with Darrell as his OC.


    You mean when he was young.
    User avatar
    nash72
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 832
    Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:33 am


  • I would advise people to go to the Draft forum and read up on all the RB's available in this years draft and you will stop thinking about all these old dudes, and when I say old, I'm talkin 30 or more.

    Hell, I'm 64 and saying 30 is old, but with 330 pound dudes trying to remove your head, you had better be nimble, and that is youth my friends.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


  • nash72 wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:He had his best years with Darrell as his OC.


    You mean when he was young.

    Sure he was young, but AP isn't your normal cat. He keeps himself in peak athletic shape and has a knack for putting together huge comeback seasons when others have written him off. Look, if the economics aren't good for us, I'd pass on him too. But if he would make some salary concessions to get a ring, I'd certainly think about it. Baseline totals I'd expect from him in a shared backfield is 900 yards and 10 touchdowns.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2899
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


  • He's going to New England, NY (Giants) or the Packers.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2111
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


  • Hawk_Nation wrote:He's going to New England, NY (Giants) or the Packers.

    I would LOVE to see him on the Packers strictly for the revenge entertainment factor.
    I agree with you and think the Giants make a lot of sense.
    User avatar
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1305
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 6:14 am


  • iigakusei wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:He's going to New England, NY (Giants) or the Packers.

    I would LOVE to see him on the Packers strictly for the revenge entertainment factor.
    I agree with you and think the Giants make a lot of sense.


    I think this is the biggest fear of all MN Viking fans here
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11966
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    nash72 wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:He had his best years with Darrell as his OC.


    You mean when he was young.

    Sure he was young, but AP isn't your normal cat. .


    Exactly. Darrell Bevell has little to do with his success.
    User avatar
    nash72
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 832
    Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:33 am


  • Pre-retirement Favre 2.0.

    Nope, we're not gonna get him.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 23274
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines


  • Siouxhawk wrote:He had his best years with Darrell as his OC. Not suggesting we should bust the bank for him, but if he's reasonable with his salary demands and covets winning a title, why not us as a landing spot for 2 years?


    You just can't help yourself can you?
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2863
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


  • mistaowen wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:He had his best years with Darrell as his OC. Not suggesting we should bust the bank for him, but if he's reasonable with his salary demands and covets winning a title, why not us as a landing spot for 2 years?


    You just can't help yourself can you?

    I think Sioux has a good point.If we are stuck with DB why not give him a toy he knows how to play with?Two years is reasonable and the guy is in top shape..He can be like Gore is age wise but likely better
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3037
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • He also looked very slow last year before another huge knee injury, was averaging around 1.5 YPC. Made the mistake of drafting him in fantasy so I followed his season. He is an incredible athlete but I think at this point in his career after multiple knee problems, it's almost his time to call it quits.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2863
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


  • I hope not. Too many miles on him. He cannot carry a team like he used to and, with our line, he would have to do the heavy lifting. I would rather address RB in the draft.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 774
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


  • You guys have to admit it is kind of intriuging though. what if he managed to stay healthy and run like he did in 2015. that would be awesome. Just wishful thinking by me probably though lol.
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1893
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • He is not a shirt yardage back, he is not a third down back that is great at catching the ball, he is old, he is broken down and coming of two major injuries, scrap heap for running backs really especially if your asked to run thru the first guy and be physical.

    Darrell Bevell can't turn back the clock, Peterson can't run in a offense that makes him create his own holes at this point, nobody fears a RB that has had to come back from a injury until they show they have their Mojo back. Here the offense would not be designed and polished to showcase him, he would have to fit in also, although Bevell forces things till the square peg gets stuck in the round hole.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 20896
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • IndyHawk wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:He had his best years with Darrell as his OC. Not suggesting we should bust the bank for him, but if he's reasonable with his salary demands and covets winning a title, why not us as a landing spot for 2 years?


    You just can't help yourself can you?

    I think Sioux has a good point.If we are stuck with DB why not give him a toy he knows how to play with?Two years is reasonable and the guy is in top shape..He can be like Gore is age wise but likely better



    I'm sure Bevell was responsible for a huge part of young AP's success. He did, afterall, devise a complicated gameplan that was something like "give AP the ball".

    I just don't see the value, at what he will probably get.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1449
    Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:19 pm
    Location: Graham, WA


  • I'm not necessarily beating the drum to get AP, but if the economics worked for us, I agree with RussB that it is an intriguing thought to team him up with Rawls and Prosise. I think he would be motivated to play for a team like the Hawks and he did average about 1,500 yards rushing and scored 52 of his career 82 touchdowns in the 4 years Bevell was his OC. Of course he's not going to duplicate Beastmode, but he still has some power to shed tacklers after contact and he would stay fresh by splitting carries. Just know this ... He is not your typical RB on the other side of 30.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2899
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


  • Siouxhawk wrote:I'm not necessarily beating the drum to get AP, but if the economics worked for us, I agree with RussB that it is an intriguing thought to team him up with Rawls and Prosise. I think he would be motivated to play for a team like the Hawks and he did average about 1,500 yards rushing and scored 52 of his career 82 touchdowns in the 4 years Bevell was his OC. Of course he's not going to duplicate Beastmode, but he still has some power to shed tacklers after contact and he would stay fresh by splitting carries. Just know this ... He is not your typical RB on the other side of 30.


    We heard that about Franco Harris one year also...............................
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 20896
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Franco was in his 13th year and was 34. C'mon.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2899
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


  • Siouxhawk wrote:Franco was in his 13th year and was 34. C'mon.

    Whoa, whoa, whoa; we get it. Bevell would turn AP into a 2,500-yard rusher if he came here.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 30475
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:Franco was in his 13th year and was 34. C'mon.

    Whoa, whoa, whoa; we get it. Bevell would turn AP into a 2,500-yard rusher if he came here.

    Is that what you're predicting? That would be a nice bonus.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2899
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


  • Avoiding the obvious....... No to AP, too injury prone, not enough tread left on the tires, and he would get killed with our OL.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22067
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • This team could have Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and Walter Payton in their prime and they would all be ineffective behind that line. Way more important parts to upgrade before worrying about some old running back who's best years are easily behind him.
    User avatar
    nash72
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 832
    Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:33 am


  • Why does the conversation about AP have to be made obsolete by the question of the o-line? Can't the two be mutual, simultaneous? It's not as if the Hawks sign AP they are just going to call it a day.

    It's unlikely AP gets more than 8 mill a year from anyone, and more than likely that number will be closer to 5/6. MN sports radio think there is every chance he ends up here for what it's worth
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11966
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:Why does the conversation about AP made obsolete by the question of the o-line? Can't the two be mutual, simultaneous? It's not as if the Hawks sign AP they are just going to call it a day.

    It's unlikely AP gets more than 8 mill a year from anyone, and more than likely that number will be closer to 5/6. MN sports radio think there is every chance he ends up here for what it's worth


    Russell Wilson Hunting season ends by the 8th game for shotgun and rifle shooters, Bow Hunters typically have till the 16th game.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 20896
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Why does the conversation about AP made obsolete by the question of the o-line? Can't the two be mutual, simultaneous? It's not as if the Hawks sign AP they are just going to call it a day.

    It's unlikely AP gets more than 8 mill a year from anyone, and more than likely that number will be closer to 5/6. MN sports radio think there is every chance he ends up here for what it's worth


    Russell Wilson Hunting season ends by the 8th game for shotgun and rifle shooters, Bow Hunters typically have till the 16th game.


    I'd totally get it if the question was "you have 6 million dollars, do you get AP or some Oline?"

    But that's not it, is it? (maybe the cap will only allow for that?)
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11966
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:Why does the conversation about AP have to be made obsolete by the question of the o-line? Can't the two be mutual, simultaneous? It's not as if the Hawks sign AP they are just going to call it a day.

    It's unlikely AP gets more than 8 mill a year from anyone, and more than likely that number will be closer to 5/6. MN sports radio think there is every chance he ends up here for what it's worth

    Thats what im saying. I dont think anyone is going to pay him a big long term contract unless they are desperate. He has too many injury question marks. Hes probably going to get a short term deal somewhere and i dont think it would be a bad idea for hawks to atleast try and get him to sign. They have cap space and could probably sign a lineman or two also.
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1893
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • ^^^^ Ditto here. Shore up the line and a determined and motivated AP could be a godsend to the Hawks and a career conquest for him.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2899
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


  • Bring back Chuck Knox and hire George Allen as the OC and yes maybe.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 20896
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Siouxhawk wrote:Is that what you're predicting? That would be a nice bonus.

    Image
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 30475
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


  • Adrian singled out the Hawks and Raiders as his top 2 places to land. I wouldn't be opposed to a salary cap friendly deal.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2899
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


  • Tonight we're going to party like it's 2010
    User avatar
    King Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1195
    Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:13 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • Siouxhawk wrote:Adrian singled out the Hawks and Raiders as his top 2 places to land. I wouldn't be opposed to a salary cap friendly deal.



    His father already pretty much nixed this saying the Seahawks pick up bottom of the barrel offensive lineman.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 20896
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:Adrian singled out the Hawks and Raiders as his top 2 places to land. I wouldn't be opposed to a salary cap friendly deal.



    His father already pretty much nixed this saying the Seahawks pick up bottom of the barrel offensive lineman.

    He also said AP would enjoy working with Bev again. We'll likely know tomorrow.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2899
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm



  • Neener Neener Neener......................
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 20896
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.




It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], ramchargerman66 and 15 guests