AP and Jamaal Charles released...

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind either one on a low cost, prove it deal. Both have upside that makes it hard to chose which one I would prefer. Probably Charles, I have never heard of him beating kids.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It depends on what type of deal he'd expect, but he's certainly a player of interest.

Erebus

Reaction score
I don't think you understand the meaning of the words "prove it deal". Neither of these guys have anything left to prove. They should be in ring-chasing mode now.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Probably should put these in the NFL Nation forum not this forum.

OP
OP
Jimjones0384

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Erebus":3k0bu23q said:
I don't think you understand the meaning of the words "prove it deal". Neither of these guys have anything left to prove. They should be in ring-chasing mode now.

I understand fully what a "prove it deal" is. And the thing they have to prove is that they can stay healthy. Charles is 30, and Peterson is 31. 30 is widely accepted as the fall off age for running backs. Charles has played in five games in two years, and missed one game before that due to injuries. Ap played in 1 game in 2014, and 3 last year. 2014 due to suspension, last year due to injury. So, they have plenty to prove. It is widely accepted that they would sign prove it deals. It is also widely accepted that in the NFL, it's not what you have done in the past, it's what you will due in the future. Don't insult my intelligence.

Edit: not to mention that ap rushed for an appalling 1.9 yds per carry last year. Even though it was behind a horrible line, that is still major cause for concern.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Erebus":186onmx4 said:

Definitely a phrase that is getting way overused. It's starting to rival the preferred draft strategy of "find a few late round studs".

getnasty

Reaction score
A healthy Charles in the read option offense is very intriguing, I could see him breaking some huge runs. Just not sure if he's the same back he used to be. I'd rather spend whatever money you would spend on those guys on one of the tackles and roll with the combo of Rawls, Prosise and Collins though.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":3dvzry8y said:
Edit: not to mention that ap rushed for an appalling 1.9 yds per carry last year. Even though it was behind a horrible line, that is still major cause for concern.

So, behind this line we could expect what, like -4.8 yards per carry? Maybe -120 yards per game rushing? :roll:

Jac

Reaction score
HawkGA":e66op63i said:
Erebus":e66op63i said:

Definitely a phrase that is getting way overused. It's starting to rival the preferred draft strategy of "find a few late round studs".

Not to derail too much with semantics, but "prove it" deals are typically signed by players in their 20's coming off their first contract that you're not certain about. You don't want to commit big money/years to them until they prove it. Somehow we got Bennett back as well as Avril in prove it deals. Absolute thievery. The next contracts that Charles and Peterson sign will be their last.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Add another injury prone back to a group of injury prone running backs?

Not a smart idea unless the cost is pretty much nothing, which won't be the case. Draft is the way to go.

Chapow

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":19ag2u2h said:
Erebus":19ag2u2h said:

I understand fully what a "prove it deal" is. And the thing they have to prove is that they can stay healthy. Charles is 30, and Peterson is 31. 30 is widely accepted as the fall off age for running backs. Charles has played in five games in two years, and missed one game before that due to injuries. Ap played in 1 game in 2014, and 3 last year. 2014 due to suspension, last year due to injury. So, they have plenty to prove. It is widely accepted that they would sign prove it deals. It is also widely accepted that in the NFL, it's not what you have done in the past, it's what you will due in the future. Don't insult my intelligence.

Hmm, you make this idea sound very tempting. ;)

Erebus

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":3l7ixapp said:
Erebus":3l7ixapp said:

"Prove it" deals are supposed to lead to longer contracts. Both players are beyond that point now. At this point in their careers, there is always going to be a high risk of decline or injury. Staying healthy for one year will not alleviate that risk.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
GeekHawk":31yg7jqd said:
Jimjones0384":31yg7jqd said:

So, behind this line we could expect what, like -4.8 yards per carry? Maybe -120 yards per game rushing? :roll:

Wow...you are being really generous. :twisted: :p :stirthepot:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Both will sign for multi year deals somewhere. If the coaches have any doubts about the current 3 RB's I would be very interested to give either of these two a shot at a ring. Who would fit Seattle's culture of practice hard and competition makes us better?

Prosise looked like an elite for a flash. Rawls sets the tone but has limitations. Collins was crafty. Two with injury issues could keep 4 RB's on the roster. Knowing Procise and Graham have WR capabilitues makes us flexible to only carry 5 wr this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2e2b6et9 said:
Both will sign for multi year deals somewhere. If the coaches have any doubts about the current 3 RB's I would be very interested to give either of these two a shot at a ring. Who would fit Seattle's culture of practice hard and competition makes us better?

Prosise looked like an elite for a flash. Rawls sets the tone but has limitations. Collins was crafty. Two with injury issues could keep 4 RB's on the roster. Knowing Procise and Graham have WR capabilitues makes us flexible to only carry 5 wr this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hello McFly, you need to tell our OC that, you also have Reese that is a very good WR/TE combo as well as a FB.

This performance earned him a scholarship to the University of Washington. He broke out during his senior year and made 39 catches for 761 yards and 8 touchdowns. The most notable play of Reece's career came against the University of Arizona where he had a 98-yard reception for a touchdown, which is the longest play from scrimmage in UW history.

In track & field, Reece competed as a sprinter while at Hesperia, earning All-league honors. He recorded a personal-best time of 49.8 seconds in the 400-meter dash as a senior.[2] In addition, he also recorded a 4.45-second 40-yard dash, bench-pressed 360 pounds and had a 34-inch vertical.

He had tools and may not have 4.45 speed anymore but is still fast for a FB why I hope they resign him.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I'd prefer Charles over AP but I'm not entirely enthusiastic about either.

The sad fact is that Collins is our only RB on our roster that hasn't had a significant injury. Let's hope Rawls at least stays healthy next year.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
AP would be a Cowboy next year if it wasn't for the running clinic that Elliott put on last year. I still wouldn't be surprised to see him there on a team friendly, chase a ring deal.

If he could humble himself enough to do it, the combination of an every down Elliott and a AP relief/ special situations back would be pretty imposing.

They should have a pretty dominant line for at least two more years. Only Leary is a UFA this year, and the Pokes probably won't be able to afford him, but Collins is an adequate replacement, and they can focus on drafting a long-term replacement.

I really don't want either, unless we pick them up after the first week of the regular season.

OP
OP
Jimjones0384

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1ka6jokn said:
Jimjones0384":1ka6jokn said:

Didn't say anything of the sort. Using it as more evidence as to why he has something to prove. Hence, the low risk, cheap deal. Worth a look if it doesn't cost much. I also prefer Charles out of the two. Not only did you put words in my mouth, but you made up some random numbers to do so. Nice.

Oh, btw, my hopes for the off season is they take care of the line through fa and the draft. Two or three new starters next year. So they would hopefully be running behind a vastly improved unit.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":17wzb448 said:
GeekHawk":17wzb448 said:
Jimjones0384":17wzb448 said:

Didn't say anything of the sort. Using it as more evidence as to why he has something to prove. Hence, the low risk, cheap deal. Worth a look if it doesn't cost much. I also prefer Charles out of the two. Not only did you put words in my mouth, but you made up some random numbers to do so. Nice.

Settle down, son. I used your post to set up a soft jab at our o-line. Geez Louise, sensitive much?

OP
OP
Jimjones0384

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1esk8nne said:
Jimjones0384":1esk8nne said:
GeekHawk":1esk8nne said:
Jimjones0384":1esk8nne said:

Settle down, son. I used your post to set up a soft jab at our o-line. Geez Louise, sensitive much?

Don't give me that sensitive stuff. You quoted my post where I had to defend myself, thought it was another slam. I thought you were being sarcastic. I know it's hard to believe someone could be sarcastic on this sight, but I does happen.