Revis anyone?

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Put him opposite Sherman. Be nice for a year. Maybe new scenery could squeeze another year out. Nothing long term but a one year deal might be worth looking into.

Decimation

Reaction score
I like this idea, but highly unlikely in my opinion. Would he be able to bring the same talent he has for years on the opposite side of Sherman.

There's a reason why he was released, and he was awful this year. Maybe three years ago?

chris98251

Reaction score
Madden17wishlist3

A lot of this going around in threads, find your old over prices washed up Free Agent and sign him to the Seahawks agendas.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Revis was released because he got charged with multiple felonies. He's probably going to be suspended. The answer is no. No team should sign Revis, unless they have a magic 8 ball (a real one) or some secret inside knowledge that he's going to get off on all the charges in his latest incident.

RussB

Reaction score
Revis isnt what he used to be, he cant keep up with anyone downfield anymore. Aj bouye or stephon gilmore would be much better.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RussB":n45gp9ev said:
Revis isnt what he used to be, he cant keep up with anyone downfield anymore. Aj bouye or stephon gilmore would be much better.

Revis isn't what he used to be in man coverage on an island.

But the Seahawks spend all their time in Cover 3 in which lateral agility isn't nearly as big of a deal.

At this point in his career I think Revis would make a great fit for the Hawks, but I don't think there's a chance in heck he actually ends up playing for them next year.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I'm leaning against this, and a main reason is because of the comments he was making midway through the season. Saying his body was breaking down and there was another week where he said something that made me really question whether he's got anything left in him at all.

I could see him having a better season in the Hawks Cover 3 than last year, but I'm afraid it would be a Cary Williams 2.0 signing. Revis isn't likely to get paid anywhere near vet minimum and he's a shell of his former self. IIRC he was the highest targeted DB in that Jets secondary, which was in complete shambles last year, so who really knows what he could do with proper coaching/scheming and good talent surrounding him.

With all that said, dude just got arrested and he'll likely be suspended for at least a chunk of the 2017 season. Pass.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Depends on the market for him.

If it's cold, I think we could reach out to him. Remember, he's old. Has legal issues. And this group of CBs is historically great. The market should be glacial for Revis. The only question will be will his name alone create a market with bad teams that have too much cap space.

He'd make this team. Not sure if he'd be a starter if we also drafted one early.

Ultimately, I wouldn't be opposed to him in his current form. But the price would need to be very low.

Latest posts