McCloughan out of a job again

drrew

Reaction score
An alcoholic who decides he'll just drink beer and stay away from hard liquor is never going to be able to stay sober for long.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I speculated a relapse in a Redskins fan site the day it was reported that he was barred from the media. And got naturally excoriated for it as irresponsible speculation. I had hoped that it was something else entirely. But it increasingly appears that may not have been the case.

It's sad. But also a fact of post recovery life. The spectre of relapse always looms over 'personal issues' related incidents. That's just the nature of the affliction.

Most of us have a low functional alcoholic or addict in our families or circle of friends. Probably most of us have more than one. And when it comes to personal issues or problems, possible relapse is always the conversation starter.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Been there, done that. I read an article on him when he was home "getting better" and studying players. But he never took responsibility for his drinking or even admitted that he was an alcoholic. That's pretty much a death knell for a "problem drinker."

Ball clubs giving him a job before he really gets sober are irresponsible and only prolonging the problem. He's nowhere near bottom, and he's either going to get there, or die trying.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So we have a report from the team indicating the man has been sent home with speculation he may have relapsed. We have a number of people buying that.

And then we have the realization that this is Dan Snyder....

McCloughan may indeed have relapsed. He may also be getting the business end of Dan Snyder's abusive ownership tactics

kobebryant

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3h9fwv6g said:
So we have a report from the team indicating the man has been sent home with speculation he may have relapsed. We have a number of people buying that.

And then we have the realization that this is Dan Snyder....

McCloughan may indeed have relapsed. He may also be getting the business end of Dan Snyder's abusive ownership tactics

He could very well be on the business end of being the one sane person not wanting to pay Kirk Cousins.

chris98251

Reaction score
Close family member dies, Scot relapses in depression, cover up at Redskins headquarters and they send him home to get straightened out, say due to death in family which is not a lie nor maybe the whole truth.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":283qt9w9 said:
Close family member dies, Scot relapses in depression, cover up at Redskins headquarters and they send him home to get straightened out, say due to death in family which is not a lie nor maybe the whole truth.

Read the articles I posted...

"close" family member was his 100 year old grandmother... he says he wanted the time to be with family. Redskins sent him home and then "leaked" potential drinking

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm positive the guy relapsed. No way the Redskins dump their best talent evaluator during the combine unless there's something there. He has a history of doing exactly this, being really good for awhile, premier talent evaluator, promises "all that is behind me now" and gets hired by someone who is more desperate then the team that last fired him.

His G'ma died a month ago. So that's not the reason they sent him home. I'm a gratefully recovering alcoholic, and when you've been around this shit for decades, the signs stand out like beacons. He never took responsibility for his drinking, or the problems he caused with teams (49ers) because of it.

Before the skins hired him, he convinced someone to interview him at his home on the west coast, and the whole thing was about him watching film, pointing to "good players and that guy's not that good." So that some sucker would read the article and say "Hey! Sounds like this guy got his shit together! And he's really smart!"

I hope he gets well, but there are too many people out there that want to take advantage of his skills, so they overlook things, only to have it blow up in their face.

I could be wrong, for his sake, I hope he's sober, but I just don't see it. I've seen too many of my friends do that exact same things, and some of them never recovered.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Seafan":3qogl3y8 said:
Now he's fired.

Bring him in for the draft. A temp contractor.

If this is due to alcohol, a football facility isn't the type of facility that he should be heading to

chris98251

Reaction score
kobebryant":1xxybgwy said:
Seafan":1xxybgwy said:
Now he's fired.

If this is due to alcohol, a football facility isn't the type of facility that he should be heading to

No, no alcohol involved, it's the Redskins remember what happened to Zorn also, Snyder can't keep his hands off stuff and when players run past the GM to his office it kind of misrepresents their position.

The no alcohol was an article earlier today I read, but the guy above Scot was pulling strings just like before.

And yes bring him back as a consultant or something, he can evaluate the hell out of players.

OP
OP
Seafan

Seafan

Reaction score
chris98251":2fvb7ofx said:
kobebryant":2fvb7ofx said:
Seafan":2fvb7ofx said:
Now he's fired.

No, no alcohol involved, it's the Redskins remember what happened to Zorn also, Snyder can't keep his hands off stuff and when players run past the GM to his office it kind of misrepresents their position.

The no alcohol was an article earlier today I read, but the guy above Scot was pulling strings just like before.

And yes bring him back as a consultant or something, he can evaluate the hell out of players.

I want him in our war room versus being out there helping another team.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeJonesWaPo/status/839993346986782721[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeJonesWaPo/status/839994549279838208[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeJonesWaPo/status/839994775432495105[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeJonesWaPo/status/839995263188140032[/tweet]

OP
OP
Seafan

Seafan

Reaction score
Snyder and Allen never cease to amaze me. Losers. Since I dislike that team A LOT this makes me happy.

Scot tried to steer them right and they have worked really hard to mess up their QB situation. They are the biggest losers in free agency every year. No owner has done more harm to the NFL salary structure than Snyder.

Snyder finally made a hire that made sense in McCloughan and they screwed the pooch. They deserve to suck and in the NFCE they are going to finish dead last this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Unnamed source saying he has been drunk and a problem for 18 months also, the famous unnamed source trying to save the Skins the balance of the contract they owe him for just cause.

After the way they have handled almost every hire since Snyder took over I would side with Scot on this one, players and others saying he has been fine the whole time, one person throwing out accusations.