Kaepernick

HawkGA

Reaction score
Just came here to post the same thing. Threw up in my mouth at the thought.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is click bait, the money and skill set don't match up and Boykin actually showed promise in his limited time, this spring I expect a lot of improvement.

rlkats

Reaction score
KAP to Seattle is just reporters attempting to stir up stuff. I think KAP will be out of the league very quick. His head is not in the game. There were reports from team members saying that certain players would have done better if they studied the playbook more. ( don't have a link I remembered reading it at the end of last season).

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
rlkats":3txgp0ky said:
KAP to Seattle is just reporters attempting to stir up stuff. I think KAP will be out of the league very quick. His head is not in the game. There were reports from team members saying that certain players would have done better if they studied the playbook more. ( don't have a link I remembered reading it at the end of last season).

I remember that study quote too. I also think it is Kap trying to promote himself after his issues. There were reports on facebook nfl sites that said he will toe the line.....He is looking to get paid again. I think his brand is pretty much untrusted now. Once you burn your bridges....it is hard to rebuild them.

rlkats

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1nu25kat said:
rlkats":1nu25kat said:

I remember that study quote too. I also think it is Kap trying to promote himself after his issues. There were reports on facebook nfl sites that said he will toe the line.....He is looking to get paid again. I think his brand is pretty much untrusted now. Once you burn your bridges....it is hard to rebuild them.

Agree 100%. KAP even went so far as to say he doesn't need to work on his mechanics. So the ignorance is the beginning of the end of him.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Why is it that a recently released NFL player need only have name recognition and SOMEONE will bring him up as a target for the Seahawks.

rlkats

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":23vemewn said:
Why is it that a recently released NFL player need only have name recognition and SOMEONE will bring him up as a target for the Seahawks.

Because you midget QB can't run fast didn't you know. :sarcasm_on:

I think it's because of the history more than anything.

Largent80

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2iwa1tdn said:

Yup...Every player that gets released someone will come in here and start a "what about______ on the Hawks?". I get a chuckle out of it for many years now.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
A Hawks board probably isn't the right venue for it, but I thought Rodger Sherman on The Ringer kinda nailed the more level-headed take on Kaepernick's career at this point:

https://theringer.com/colin-kaepernick- ... .cidnbf4ql

I don't think this is particular to Kaepernick, as more generally we don't have language to talk about average QBs.

Guys like Cutler, Kaepernick, and Tyrod Taylor don't suck, they're just average to slightly below average, which is a real thing. If RGIII could stay healthy he'd be the same way too.

I think these are the types of guys who can work as bridge QBs, or in the least should be able to go to places where they can compete for a starting job due to lack of a clear starter, or get half a season of play time while a rookie is groomed.

This is all to say that I think Seattle doesn't make a lick of sense for Kaepernick, and Kaepernick doesn't make sense for Seattle either. It's not worth the investment for them, and there's no chance of playing for him.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having him on the team. Line him up at running back and imagine the trick play potential.

rlkats

Reaction score
:lol: As of today he officially opted out of his contract.

:0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ofmdtscm said:

I thought he has always been a target for the Seahawks. :D

Josea16

Reaction score
zchurch74":3j4751p6 said:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colin-kaepernick-from-49ers-to-seahawks-dont-be-shocked/ar-AAnIJRM?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Thoughts?
Pass. We don't have the money It will take to sign him and waste on a guy that will rarely see the field.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Seafan":13exgv47 said:
Kap is going to lose a lot of money opting out. Another stupid move.

The 49ers could cut him with no cap ramifications, and they wanted a clean break. They were splitting no matter what, and opting out now allowed him to hit free agency while the deals are hot. I don't like him, but it wasn't a stupid move.

Josea16

Reaction score
Maulbert":lmot1df6 said:
Seafan":lmot1df6 said:
Kap is going to lose a lot of money opting out. Another stupid move.

The 49ers could cut him with no cap ramifications, and they wanted a clean break. They were splitting no matter what, and opting out now allowed him to hit free agency while the deals are hot. I don't like him, but it wasn't a stupid move.
No, it wasn't because somebody is going to pay him good money with the intention of giving him a shot at a starting job. Not as the guaranteed day one guy. But somewhere like Houston, Cleveland, Chicago, Jets and maybe a couple others.