Brandon Marshall Released By NYJ

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Is he worth a look? I've always liked him. He has had a bad reputation, but he really hasn't been a problem since his days with the Broncos. We could really use a big WR like him. He would be a huge upgrade over Kearse and with his size I'd assume he can block.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Playing in an Offense with Baldwin and Jimmy Graham, Marshall could be amazing again. I'd love to give him a look. I've always coveted him as the big WR we've been asking for forever.

Rat

Reaction score
On a modest 1-2 year deal, absolutely. That shouldn't hurt our ability to bring in players that fill bigger needs. Even at 33 years old, he's still an impact player.

Largent80

Reaction score
Quick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone was released. Start a thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HURRY.

PASS.

We have many OTHER needs. RB, OL, DB, OLB.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Largent80":7ocl7942 said:
Quick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone was released. Start a thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HURRY.

PASS.

I know I was ringing that bell in another thread...

But then we've got you, who's like..."Hmm, let's go down the checklist, hmm, free agent? Uh PASS."

;)

Just joshin' ya, though.

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, we can look at it slightly differently and say Lockett is progressing ahead of schedule in his rehab and the rest of the WR's are healthy and signed. Graham is signed thru this year, the wild card is Willson who is probably gone.

So, in reality, is there a place here for Marshall and will he pout when RW can't get him the ball?

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":177rcmgq said:
Largent80":177rcmgq said:
Well, we can look at it slightly differently and say Lockett is progressing ahead of schedule in his rehab and the rest of the WR's are healthy and signed. Graham is signed thru this year, the wild card is Willson who is probably gone.

So, in reality, is there a place here for Marshall and will he pout when RW can't get him the ball?

Of all the actual WRs you named, Lockett has a completely different game than Marshall. I think the odd man out would be Kearse, can't argue that we need an upgrade at that position.

The pouting thing is probably a bigger concern, but Marshall has come a long way in this regard. Granted he still has his outbursts, it is just whether his production would be worth it.

If he knows he is coming in to catch 50-60 balls next year and is fine with that, I would be down.

Marshall would likely replace Kearse. Marshall is basically a much better version of Kearse. I've always felt this team has needed that big WR that can move the chains and be a red zone target.

Of all the FA names, I think this one makes the most sense. Marshall already has that Seahawk swagger and attitude.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2fr4vkxw said:
FlyHawksFly":2fr4vkxw said:
Largent80":2fr4vkxw said:

Of all the actual WRs you named, Lockett has a completely different game than Marshall. I think the odd man out would be Kearse, can't argue that we need an upgrade at that position.

The pouting thing is probably a bigger concern, but Marshall has come a long way in this regard. Granted he still has his outbursts, it is just whether his production would be worth it.

If he knows he is coming in to catch 50-60 balls next year and is fine with that, I would be down.

Marshall would likely replace Kearse. Marshall is basically a much better version of Kearse. I've always felt this team has needed that big WR that can move the chains and be a red zone target.

Of all the FA names, I think this one makes the most sense. Marshall already has that Seahawk swagger and attitude.

Maybe you should apply for Seahawk GM. Because you aren't and I would say the one that holds the position is going to nix your ideas. I'm not saying they are wrong, I'm saying that JS is a no go.

Personally, I would love to try it.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Well it is all speculation, but I do think it's a realistic fit. A lot of times on here, you get unrealistic options. Like Andrew Whitworth. Zero chance JS pays a 35 year old LT $15 million per year. Marshall declined the Jets extension that would have paid him the same. He said he wants to play for a playoff contender, so that probably limits it down to 10 or so teams. While we don't have a huge need at WR, I think we'd be open to him if the numbers look right financially. Does anyone know, were we connected to Marshall at all two years ago before he went to the Jets?

gonzhawk

Reaction score
I'm in the camp that we do have a need for a wr.
To count on lockett suddenly being back to himself after an injury that looks looked like he may not even play again?
And paul richardson? He played out of his mind the last 6 games or so but he is not a starter is he?
And Kearse? He had his worse year ever.
Maybe not Marshall but no way I buy that we are set at wr or rb with our injury plagued guys.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
So Marshall asked for his release, so the Jets cut him. He opted out of a 7.5 mpy contract. We aren't going to pay that. He wants to go to a winner but he is going to ask close to that.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
coorslighthawk":n4hz8g5h said:
Yeah I am all for it depending on contract. Dude can still ball.

I saw on his show, where he was saying he loves the Seahawks from top to bottom. He then went on to say that if he were to be released, he wanted to play for a contender. He said he has made enough money and that the would play for free, lol. I really got the feeling that he kind of wants to play for the hawks. I am crossing my fingers. If they bring him in for a visit, I don't think he will leave without a contract.

His personality is a "problem" elsewhere, he is just another dude in Seattle. I think the fit is perfect. Like another person pointed out, Marshall, Graham, Wilson, Baldwin, lockett, p-rich, prosise, rawls, I mean that is an offense. I was shocked to learn that brandon Marshall has the all time NFL record for most 100 yd games in a career(for Wrs). He is consistently a top 5 to 10 wr, and his QBs have been some of the worst in the league his entire year. He could be our slightly older model of Julio Jones, lol. He's big, strong, and physical. He is the guy this organization has been looking for.

penihawk

Reaction score
He can still play, and he does all the things we lack in the passing game but unless he has moved on from his pre-retirement media gig, i doubt he leaves the east coast.

Hustle_Wilson

Reaction score
He'll make a phenomenal decoy. Bevell must be salivating at the idea of having him and Jimmy as decoys in the redzone when drawing up fades to Kearse.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hustle_Wilson":eyjkwttv said:
He'll make a phenomenal decoy. Bevell must be salivating at the idea of having him and Jimmy as decoys in the redzone when drawing up fades to Kearse.

Sideline decoys and a crossing pattern for Kearse where he bobbles it for an int..????

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Going to the Giants. They are stacked at WR now.