Alfred Morris, Cowboy's looking to trade him

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hard to see them getting much in return for him. He's a past-his-prime RB who does nothing to help you in the passing game. Those guys are piling up in free agency every year, no reason to give up anything for him.

knownone

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3eary87n said:
Hard to see them getting much in return for him. He's a past-his-prime RB who does nothing to help you in the passing game. Those guys are piling up in free agency every year, no reason to give up anything for him.
He's 28 and still in his prime... he's just never been very good.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I bet Jerruh and the cowgirls fans think they are going to land some good draft picks for him too.

Largent80

Reaction score
They are in cap hell now, and that vaunted OL is in line for a payday.

They are screwed, even with Zeke and Dak.

Smellyman

Reaction score
He is not passed his prime and was a good back.

Rand very hard.

chris98251

Reaction score
He will get cut and we can pick him up for a lot less and without costing picks.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Largent80":23hv8sx3 said:

This is 110% correct and it makes my day every time I think about it. Last year was their year. I am going to enjoy watching the train wreck.

Tical21

Reaction score
I am 100% on sending them a late pick for Morris. Should've signed him last year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tical21":2sdn4vg0 said:
I am 100% on sending them a late pick for Morris. Should've signed him last year.
Or we can wait until they release him and save the pick. 8)

Tical21

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2vic8tjb said:
Tical21":2vic8tjb said:
You can, but then you're competing with a bunch of other teams for his services, and he may not be interested in coming to Seattle.

Largent80

Reaction score
Tical21":25botj0e said:

NO Are you aware we have no 4th or 5th round picks this year?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tical21":1ie90tyh said:
Sports Hernia":1ie90tyh said:
Tical21":1ie90tyh said:
You can, but then you're competing with a bunch of other teams for his services, and he may not be interested in coming to Seattle.
True, but *allas thought they'd get a great draft pick for a broken, old, overpaid, high cap hit QB as well.
Their fanbase was blindsided by the pending Romo release today. Check out their forums.

Besides I'm not that sure that Seattle is that interested in him (AM) anyhow, time will tell.

Josea16

Reaction score
Seems to be quite calm about Romo on multiple Cowboys sites. Most seem to accept what everyone else realized 2 years ago. Ridiculous contract and made of glass. Very bad combination to keep just to ride the bench. Let Denver or Houston be the dumb suckers that go after him and probably offer real money to the tune of 15M to him to add insult to injury.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3q0lauko said:
Largent80":3q0lauko said:

This is 110% correct and it makes my day every time I think about it. Last year was their year. I am going to enjoy watching the train wreck.

Their vaunted o-line is really just three guys, and two of those three are already signed long term. There window seems to be opening right ow more than it's closing.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
Largent80":1458cwlc said:
They are in cap hell now

Their cap situation is actually really good.

Romo is getting cut, which would given them $60MM in cap space next year, so they were able to convert Tyron Smith's salary this year to bonuses (they did that in February). Alfred Morris is an easy cut to save another $1.6MM.

With just those moves, they'll have $12.3MM in cap space this year and $52.6MM in cap space next year. If they want another $8MM in cap space this year, they can convert Dez's salary to a bonus also.

They have three more years of their starting QB being a sub-$1MM cap hit. As Hawk fans should remember, that makes the cap situation very favorable.

Latest posts