Jamaal Charles

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
Just saw on Good Morning Football that Rappaport believes Jamaal Charles will sign with the Hawks... If Charles can be healthy it would be an interesting signing especially if we can get him cheap... thoughts?

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
sekiuHAWK":1hnajujh said:
Just saw on Good Morning Football that Rappaport believes Jamaal Charles will sign with the Hawks... If Charles can be healthy it would be an interesting signing especially if we can get him cheap... thoughts?
Makes sense. Rawls and Prosise haven't proven they can consistently stay hurt

King Dog

Reaction score
He's only played in like 4 games the past two seasons so on a minimum type of deal or incentive based why not?

getnasty

Reaction score
Because if you can get him when he's healthy you have a top 5 back in the league. I love the idea of Jamaal Charles and Russ running the read option, lots of big play potential.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
No.
He simply cannot stay healthy.
What makes them think that he can?

BBQHawk

Reaction score
I live in KC, no thank you. Made of glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
according to NFL.com it's 8 games he's played in over the last 2 seasons. Not that that's a whole lot rosier ... Maybe we're hoping all three guys aren't hurt at the same time.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":dlmq6xfx said:
The last 2 years he has played in 8 games total. I don't get why they need another injured RB when the draft is full of young, and healthy RB's. I guess it says they plan on loading up on defense.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/ ... al-charles

I don't think bringing in a Charles or AP would preclude them from drafting an RB. Just maybe allows them more flexibility in who, when and how many they do draft

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I'm sure we will see a repeat of last year's plan. Populate training camp with a ton of cheap RBs and let them compete. If Charles comes cheap with minimal to no guarantees, I don't see why we wouldn't give him a shot. Draft 2 RBs, see what's available UDFA. Then we have 6 or 7 RBs competing in training camp.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Here's the thinking:

Between Jamaal, Rawls and Procise it is LIKELY, though certainly not guaranteed, that one of the three will be healthy for each of the 16 games during the year.

Largent80

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":35t89hxt said:
Here's the thinking:

Between Jamaal, Rawls and Procise it is LIKELY, though certainly not guaranteed, that one of the three will be healthy for each of the 16 games during the year.

That remains to be seen with all of them having a fairly large injury history.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":sxao207y said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":sxao207y said:
Here's the thinking:

That remains to be seen with all of them having a fairly large injury history.

Doesn't everything "remain to be seen?"

Given the proclivity of all the rookie RBs to end up on the injured list last year it could be said that drafting RBs doesn't guarantee much as well.

Either way, any decision will be a relative gamble. Sign a Charles or AP and you gamble on their age being a detriment. Rely on the draft and you get the same thing, but for perhaps different reasons.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I doubt at this point he will be getting a huge contract, if anything it'll be filled with bonuses based off staying healthy. If he does, he is a top 5 RB in the league. If he gets injured, I'm sure he could be released with minimal problems.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1nhr864a said:
Here's the thinking:

yup yup yup...

[youtube]k5hWWe-ts2s[/youtube]

Seymour

Reaction score
This is the equivalent of taking a trip across the country on Firestone retreads.

endzorn

Reaction score
Adding aging running backs won't change the fact that our offensive line is among the worst the league has seen in the last decade. If we don't address the line then skill position players are only window dressing.

Rat

Reaction score
People keep complaining about the OL like we're not allowed to address multiple needs. I'm confident they wouldn't add Charles if he would prevent OL improvements.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well he would not be a RB here, he would be Mr. Bubble Screen and third down guy.