Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Jamaal Charles

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Jamaal Charles
Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:21 am
  • Just saw on Good Morning Football that Rappaport believes Jamaal Charles will sign with the Hawks... If Charles can be healthy it would be an interesting signing especially if we can get him cheap... thoughts?
    Thank you :les: ... RIP
    sekiuHAWK
    NET Starter

Re: Jamaal Charles
Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:35 am
  • sekiuHAWK wrote:Just saw on Good Morning Football that Rappaport believes Jamaal Charles will sign with the Hawks... If Charles can be healthy it would be an interesting signing especially if we can get him cheap... thoughts?

Makes sense. Rawls and Prosise haven't proven they can consistently stay hurt
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:42 am
  • He's only played in like 4 games the past two seasons so on a minimum type of deal or incentive based why not?
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:58 am

Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:25 am
  • Because if you can get him when he's healthy you have a top 5 back in the league. I love the idea of Jamaal Charles and Russ running the read option, lots of big play potential.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:40 am
  • No.
    He simply cannot stay healthy.
    What makes them think that he can?
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:53 am
  • I live in KC, no thank you. Made of glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BBQHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:55 am
  • according to NFL.com it's 8 games he's played in over the last 2 seasons. Not that that's a whole lot rosier ... Maybe we're hoping all three guys aren't hurt at the same time.
    Life is hard; It's harder when you're stupid. -- John Wayne
    c_hawkbob
    NET Starter

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:10 am
  • Largent80 wrote:The last 2 years he has played in 8 games total. I don't get why they need another injured RB when the draft is full of young, and healthy RB's. I guess it says they plan on loading up on defense.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/ ... al-charles

I don't think bringing in a Charles or AP would preclude them from drafting an RB. Just maybe allows them more flexibility in who, when and how many they do draft
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:31 am
  • I'm sure we will see a repeat of last year's plan. Populate training camp with a ton of cheap RBs and let them compete. If Charles comes cheap with minimal to no guarantees, I don't see why we wouldn't give him a shot. Draft 2 RBs, see what's available UDFA. Then we have 6 or 7 RBs competing in training camp.
    Fire Thom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:41 am
  • Here's the thinking:

Between Jamaal, Rawls and Procise it is LIKELY, though certainly not guaranteed, that one of the three will be healthy for each of the 16 games during the year.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:43 am
  • IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Here's the thinking:

Between Jamaal, Rawls and Procise it is LIKELY, though certainly not guaranteed, that one of the three will be healthy for each of the 16 games during the year.

That remains to be seen with all of them having a fairly large injury history.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:52 am
  • Largent80 wrote:
    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Here's the thinking:

Doesn't everything "remain to be seen?"

Given the proclivity of all the rookie RBs to end up on the injured list last year it could be said that drafting RBs doesn't guarantee much as well.

Either way, any decision will be a relative gamble. Sign a Charles or AP and you gamble on their age being a detriment. Rely on the draft and you get the same thing, but for perhaps different reasons.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:17 am
  • I doubt at this point he will be getting a huge contract, if anything it'll be filled with bonuses based off staying healthy. If he does, he is a top 5 RB in the league. If he gets injured, I'm sure he could be released with minimal problems.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:29 am
  • IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Here's the thinking:

yup yup yup...

R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:51 am
  • I like it. Low-risk, high reward.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:55 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Here's the thinking:

Doesn't everything "remain to be seen?"

Given the proclivity of all the rookie RBs to end up on the injured list last year it could be said that drafting RBs doesn't guarantee much as well.

Either way, any decision will be a relative gamble. Sign a Charles or AP and you gamble on their age being a detriment. Rely on the draft and you get the same thing, but for perhaps different reasons.

Stop injecting logic into the conversation :)
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:58 am
  • This is the equivalent of taking a trip across the country on Firestone retreads.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:20 am
  • Adding aging running backs won't change the fact that our offensive line is among the worst the league has seen in the last decade. If we don't address the line then skill position players are only window dressing.
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:25 am
  • People keep complaining about the OL like we're not allowed to address multiple needs. I'm confident they wouldn't add Charles if he would prevent OL improvements.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:29 am
  • Well he would not be a RB here, he would be Mr. Bubble Screen and third down guy.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:40 am
  • Rat wrote:People keep complaining about the OL like we're not allowed to address multiple needs. I'm confident they wouldn't add Charles if he would prevent OL improvements.

Can you imagine how much a team would be crippling itself if it only addressed it's biggest need and ignored everything else until that one particular need was "fixed"? That would be dumb as hell.

Yet it seems many here want to do just that and chastise any thought of trying to improve any other area of the team besides the OL.

Yes, we need our OL (particularly the tackles) to be better if we want to take a step forward. No, that doesn't mean we should ignore everything else until that problem is resolved.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:58 am
  • obvious if they sign charles they have little faith in rawls and cj to stay healthy. gonna be a lot of rb names on the ir list next year...
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:42 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:obvious if they sign charles they have little faith in rawls and cj to stay healthy. gonna be a lot of rb names on the ir list next year...

Why? Charles can't stay healthy, either.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:05 pm
  • It seems to me they are looking for a veteran who knows how to run in the ZBS and can catch passes. Makes some sense. I'm sure last year and the year before with CMike just drove the coaching staff nuts. A rookie isn't going to definitely be an upgrade if they can't adapt to the ZBS quickly.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information