Andrew Whitworth to Rams?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seems like thye paid him a lot and gave quite a few years for a 35 year old lineman.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Weren't a large number around here clamoring for us to sign him? But as soon as he goes to the Rams its a bad deal? They are at least are looking to do something to improve their crappy o-line even if it is costing more then market value. Granted this move could blow up in their face, but I can't knock them for making to potentially improve a large area of need.

chris98251

Reaction score
You have to spread the wealth in building a team, sinking a big chunk of salary in any one spot usually means your either desperate or not looking at long term success. The other factor is just because the contract is big doesn't mean he will see all of it, guys get cut all the time on balloon years, why a good agent gets the big chunk up front and then the player can play out a contract length.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Never gonna hate a man for taking the biggest payday - so kudos to Whitworth and Calais.

But when guys take big money to play on bad teams (Julius Thomas, Albert Haynesworth, Jared Allen - Chi, Mario Williams) it rarely works out. Whereas TJ Ward, Aqib Talib, Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett show the value of bringing in guys who want to win.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I think it's a smart move for McV to add Whitworth. Adds positive to a locker room full of young players, gives some competence to a position that has been a problem for the immediate. Moves GRob outa the position, so he can be evaluated.

Great move.

Not really sure about Woods, but trusting those who hired him. Looks like he can block, and that has been an issue (well, catching balls, blocking, pretty much any WR thingy has been an issue).

But just in case I might get bored, Rams have:

cut the Center (Barnes) No clue the plan here (hope it's good)
released our performing TE (Kendricks) in a TE dependent O scheme
released DL Sims

ok, let's see. I'm ready to be impressed.