Okung to the Chargers

drrew

Reaction score
Just got $53m over 4 years with $25m guaranteed.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Wow, he got a ton of money! Good luck to him and glad it wasn't from Seattle because he's not worth that.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Last year people on this board were bashing Okung for the deal he negotiated with Denver. He has now parlayed that deal to this outstanding contract. In hindsight, Okung was a genius and I for one am happy for him. Guess a bunch of people should be eating crow on that about now.

For what its worth, word in Denver was that they were ho ping to resign him after opting out on his extension, but completely misjudged his market as there were several teams trying to sign him after he was released.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Good for Okung but those numbers are crazy. One thing is clear. If a team wants to grab a good FA O lineman, then they had better get out the checkbook.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Did he use an agent this time or still self rep?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
rjdriver":2xpty6u5 said:
Did he use an agent this time or still self rep?
He did it himself. Deal got done in less than an hour Thursday, so there's speculation that they were negotiating with him before the deadline of making contact with players.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":12rx95lu said:
Last year people on this board were bashing Okung for the deal he negotiated with Denver. He has now parlayed that deal to this outstanding contract. In hindsight, Okung was a genius and I for one am happy for him. Guess a bunch of people should be eating crow on that about now.

It's classy to volunteer to eat one's crow.

It's not classy to demand that others eat it.

I'll eat crow for this: I forgot that some teams are stupid.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It was still a dumb contract move last year. Just because it happened to work out, doesn't make it smart. And no, I'm not trying to avoid eating crow. I said very little about it last year.

We have a saying in my industry.

You can do the wrong thing 99 times, get away with it, and start to think, "Man, I'm pretty good at this and the experts are all wrong." Then you do the wrong thing for the 100th time

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2rmqiz08 said:
It was still a dumb contract move last year. Just because it happened to work out, doesn't make it smart. And no, I'm not trying to avoid eating crow. I said very little about it last year.

We have a saying in my industry.

You can do the wrong thing 99 times, get away with it, and start to think, "Man, I'm pretty good at this and the experts are all wrong." Then you do the wrong thing for the 100th time

I'm guessing skydiving is not your industry.