Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Lang visited (UPDATE: signs with Lions)

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Rapoport says the deal averages 9.5m per year. 19m guaranteed.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• $9.5M average for 3 years with $19M fully guaranteed, source said. Rumon is that's the number Seattle offered, and the Lions matched it. That's means he wanted Detroit all along.
    Last edited by TAB420 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Just The Tip......

I'm a 6'5, 255lb ginger. You can't hurt me, I have no soul.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran

• TAB420 wrote:$9.5M average for 3 years with $19M fully guaranteed, source said.

Haha, jinx.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• IrishNW wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:
    IrishNW wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:Welp, cheers to more of the same from last year. Picked up a former second round pick who has been injured and never lived up to expectation and now we are going to draft a rookie starting corner. JS and PC need to study how the pats playbthe draft and FA and get rid of players who are going to want an insane amount of money or are a significant cap hit. Seems like we can't get anything right with this o line. The team is getting older and progressively worse since we won the Super Bowl.

overreact much? we didnt sign a 30 year old guard ccoming off injury so the world is ending

Ummm, have you seen the past 2 seasons? Our players are getting older, suffering more injuries, o line is getting worse and hate to break the news to you but the reality is our Super Bowl window is closing. We really needed to make some aggressive moves on o line this offseason and we failed to do that. Sorry to hit you with the reality of things. We just paid Joeckel $7 mill

Prove that our superbowl window is closing...

Since XLIX our record has been getting progressively worse. Players are getting older. More players are getting injured. More issues are coming up....o-line has been getting worse and now one of the worst in the league. Running game has been a disaster due to o-line and Lynch leaving. Our defense isn't as stout as it once was due to FA and injuries. We now don't have a starting CB opposite Sherm. These are all MAJOR issues. No run game, no o-line, older players, injuries...these are all critical shortcomings that NO team can overcome and win a Super Bowl without fixing. Not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Can't deny the facts.
    LegendKiller
    NET Practice Squad

• and by the way, if nothing changes, expect more of the same or even things getting worse. At least JS and PC recognize and admit our o-line and run game have been our major short comings.
    LegendKiller
    NET Practice Squad

• Maelstrom787 wrote:Rapoport says the deal averages 9.5m per year. 19m guaranteed.

Really we still don't know. It's telling us his making 28.5 millions over three years. But it its front loaded that could be 15-10-3.5...right?
    Just The Tip......

TAB420
    NET Veteran

• overreact much? we didnt sign a 30 year old guard ccoming off injury so the world is ending[/quote]

Ummm, have you seen the past 2 seasons? Our players are getting older, suffering more injuries, o line is getting worse and hate to break the news to you but the reality is our Super Bowl window is closing. We really needed to make some aggressive moves on o line this offseason and we failed to do that. Sorry to hit you with the reality of things. We just paid Joeckel $7 mill[/quote]

Prove that our superbowl window is closing...[/quote]

Since XLIX our record has been getting progressively worse. Players are getting older. More players are getting injured. More issues are coming up....o-line has been getting worse and now one of the worst in the league. Running game has been a disaster due to o-line and Lynch leaving. Our defense isn't as stout as it once was due to FA and injuries. We now don't have a starting CB opposite Sherm. These are all MAJOR issues. No run game, no o-line, older players, injuries...these are all critical shortcomings that NO team can overcome and win a Super Bowl without fixing. Not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Can't deny the facts.[/quote]

Agree with this.

Top it off with the abysmal drafting the last few years.
    OpHawk
    NET Starter

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• LegendKiller wrote:and by the way, if nothing changes, expect more of the same or even things getting worse. At least JS and PC recognize and admit our o-line and run game have been our major short comings.

Yep. My excitement for the next season is already fizzling.

Same tired schemes, same line stuggles, Wilson running for his life, offensive ineptitude, Richard not getting creative and our zone getting shredded, no running game, not forcing turnovers.

Sigh.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

• So the Pack only wanted to give Lang 6.5 guaranteed. That could speak volumes.
    Just The Tip......

TAB420
    NET Veteran

• @rapoport
    The #Lions deal for former #Packers G TJ Lang: $9.5M average for 3 years with $19M fully guaranteed, source said.
    LeftHandSmoke
    NET Veteran

• TAB420 wrote:So the Pack only wanted to give Lang 6.5 guaranteed. That could speak volumes.

That's what I been sayin'^^^.

But he was the answer to all our woes.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• Well we lost out on Jared Allen the same way pretty much, Lang leveraged us against Green Bay and Detroit, he may have had interest then again he may not have wanted to become a ZBS member of Cables fraternity, we forget that there is that aspect as well.

When a player is here as long as he was and is allowed to leave without a contract it's pretty much over with and they are just trying to troll teams to get the one they really want to play for to up the ante.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• :lol: :lol: No LANG LANG LANG, N-NO LANG LANG :lol: :lol:
    Seahawks destined to fail without LANG........Might as well QUIT believing that there's any hope, eh?
    Some of Y'all can go ahead and bail off.....I boarded the Seahawks Bandwagon from the very get-go, the ONLY reason I'm ever gettin' off, is cuz the wheels need a little oiling. :irishdrinkers:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Not bailing off crap. I will always have faith. With that said, they need to just give up a first round pick for Joe Thomas. He is under contract for a few years, and under 10 mil a year. The Browns would give him up. Wouldn't even have the injuries to deal with. I'm going to wait and see if there is a contingency plan in place before I hit the panic button.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• nwHawk wrote:Like it or not Fant is in and Gilliam is a big question mark. I fully expect Fant to start all season and to surprise the hell out of most fans. Gilliam, well, I think he signs elsewhere.

:ditto:

Fant really started to turn it on at the tail end of the season. I see him being our LT all through this season.
    nrayorr
    NET Rookie

• As much as I would've wanted him on the Hawks, he's a little "lang in the tooth" at 29 years old with that injury history.
    Kennedyin92
    NET Starter

• FlyingGreg wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:and by the way, if nothing changes, expect more of the same or even things getting worse. At least JS and PC recognize and admit our o-line and run game have been our major short comings.

Same tired schemes, same line stuggles, Wilson running for his life, offensive ineptitude, Richard not getting creative and our zone getting shredded, no running game, not forcing turnovers.

Sigh.

This insinuates that players can't progress, thus aren't coachable. We haven't had a cohesive OL since 2013, so hopefully Ifedi, Glow and Fant can make some strides, and also get stronger (Fant). I'm not saying I'm not sick of the same old, same old...however, we're in the playoffs every year with more than a hope for the Super Bowl. Most teams in the league would kill for that possibility.

I'm putting my faith, once again, into the coaching staff (albeit not a huge fan of Cable), to help these young men reach their full potential.

Here's hoping they can find someone to man the RT spot, and nail down some power on that right side.
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

• LegendKiller wrote:
    Since XLIX our record has been getting progressively worse. Players are getting older. More players are getting injured. More issues are coming up....o-line has been getting worse and now one of the worst in the league. Running game has been a disaster due to o-line and Lynch leaving. Our defense isn't as stout as it once was due to FA and injuries. We now don't have a starting CB opposite Sherm. These are all MAJOR issues. No run game, no o-line, older players, injuries...these are all critical shortcomings that NO team can overcome and win a Super Bowl without fixing. Not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Can't deny the facts.

Nothing you present as facts are actually facts.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jimjones0384 wrote:I'm just glad to know the Hawks made the best offer. Detroit had to match it to get him.

It was either us or Detroit, then Detroit matched our offer and I read that he's a Detroit native so he wanted to be close to home if the offer was right, that's a win win for him.
    theincrediblesok
    NET Veteran

• OpHawk wrote:overreact much? we didnt sign a 30 year old guard ccoming off injury so the world is ending

Ummm, have you seen the past 2 seasons? Our players are getting older, suffering more injuries, o line is getting worse and hate to break the news to you but the reality is our Super Bowl window is closing. We really needed to make some aggressive moves on o line this offseason and we failed to do that. Sorry to hit you with the reality of things. We just paid Joeckel $7 mill[/quote]

Prove that our superbowl window is closing...[/quote]

Since XLIX our record has been getting progressively worse. Players are getting older. More players are getting injured. More issues are coming up....o-line has been getting worse and now one of the worst in the league. Running game has been a disaster due to o-line and Lynch leaving. Our defense isn't as stout as it once was due to FA and injuries. We now don't have a starting CB opposite Sherm. These are all MAJOR issues. No run game, no o-line, older players, injuries...these are all critical shortcomings that NO team can overcome and win a Super Bowl without fixing. Not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Can't deny the facts.[/quote]

Agree with this.

Top it off with the abysmal drafting the last few years.[/quote]

This class is coming off year one on a roster full of Pro Bowlers and entrenched starters. A bit early especially given some of their injuries. Lockett, Clark, count Jimmy G as part of that class. P-Rich, Cassius Marsh and Britt. Not sure what you are referring to as abysmal.
    Subzero717
    NET Pro Bowler

• Siouxhawk wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:

How can you not see the regression in the last 4 seasons? Its not getting better, its getting worse.
    nash72
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:and by the way, if nothing changes, expect more of the same or even things getting worse. At least JS and PC recognize and admit our o-line and run game have been our major short comings.

Sigh.

Doesn't matter. The Hawks will win the division due to the sad state of the NFC West which means playoffs and in turn means,,,,thats good enough.
    nash72
    NET Veteran

• We are going to leave this thread in the main forum for the time being
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Sounds good to me. :2thumbs: These boys are way off topic now and clearly need some place to vent and express their befuddlement.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• nash72 wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:

How can you not see the regression in the last 4 seasons? Its not getting better, its getting worse.

It's only getting worse if your insecurities allow you to think that. I see a powerful team that will begin the year as a playoff contender and beyond.

And by the way, Pandion's post earlier in this thread is my favorite of the offseason. I would like to see one more addition after the decision.
    Last edited by Siouxhawk on Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Atradees wrote:Pass blocking for Aarons Rodgers who holds the ball for two seconds shouldn't get you 14 million a year. Sour grapes I know.

You should watch a few games. Rodgers had all freakin day to throw the ball often times, and had one of the best olines in the league.

Oh ok. Not really. I did. Rodgers game wasn't back on until then. This guy wasn't gonna fix our line.
    Shaq Griffin: 2017 Adopt a Rookie (injury substitution)
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• nash72 wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:

Yes

The team has regressed from 13-3 and a super bowl win. Pretty difficult bar to raise, let alone maintain. Hawks have really been the 2nd best franchise in the NFL the last 5 years. Probably owe it to the FO and coach to see if they can turn things around after one subpar (yet pretty successful in comparison to nearly most teams) season

They went after Lang to work on that. Didn't pan out.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Siouxhawk wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:

Agree. The players aren't getting older in my little world either, they are getting younger. And the oline isn't getting worse, #32 is top of the league. :sarcasm_off:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• bevellisthedevil wrote:What the hell is everyone bitching about? Cable has his eyes on 3 Defensive Linemen, 2 Basketball players, and a Golf putter to convert to tackle positions to protect our $20 million dollar human centipede picture loving QB.

FIFY bro.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    bevellisthedevil wrote:What the hell is everyone bitching about? Cable has his eyes on 3 Defensive Linemen, 2 Basketball players, and a Golf putter to convert to tackle positions to protect our $20 million dollar human centipede picture loving QB.

FIFY bro.

Yup.....this is the offseason.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:

Sigh.

I happen to disagree.....I think we have options still on the table here. I think that we have a group ready to excel in their craft on the front lines. We shall see.......wanna go to tennesee and see it happen too.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Atradees wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Atradees wrote:Pass blocking for Aarons Rodgers who holds the ball for two seconds shouldn't get you 14 million a year. Sour grapes I know.

You should watch a few games. Rodgers had all freakin day to throw the ball often times, and had one of the best olines in the league.

Oh ok. Not really. I did. Rodgers game wasn't back on until then. This guy wasn't gonna fix our line.

Whatever you say. I'm sure no changes and same ole' should do the trick for you. :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Atradees wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Whatever you say. I'm sure no changes and same ole' should do the trick for you. :2thumbs:

Haven't we made a change already?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Whatever you say. I'm sure no changes and same ole' should do the trick for you. :2thumbs:

We shall see. I'll need to see him climb out of the wheelchair first before I give him the benefit of the doubt of starting on this team.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Whatever you say. I'm sure no changes and same ole' should do the trick for you. :2thumbs:

We shall see. I'll need to see him climb out of the wheelchair first before I give him the benefit of the doubt of starting on this team.

The guy that's like 3-4 years younger than Lang?

I mean I get people are disappointed but the hand wringing over this is a bit much .People wanted O line help. Seattle signed one player and nearly another (who chose his home town). They are clearly trying.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

I mean I get people are disappointed but the hand wringing over this is a bit much .People wanted O line help. Seattle signed one player and nearly another (who chose his home town). They are clearly trying.

So we should be happy that Carry Williams and Webb type signings are taking place because they are trying?

Go ahead, and believe if you like. I don't believe in the every kid deserves a trophy mentality.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• I'm not counting this as a total loss for the front office. My opinion is/was that there were two goals in hosting Lang. 1 - Bring him in to upgrade the O-line. 2 - Even if we can't bring him in, set the market price high enough that Green Bay couldn't/ wouldn't match it thus weakening one of our key obstacles to another SB. (I don't see Detroit as any obstacle.). In fact it is entirely possible that the primary goal was just to ensure that he isn't playing for GB next year.

I think they successfully negotiated this, and I'm reasonably happy with the outcome. They set a price that they knew GB wouldn't/ couldn't match, and perhaps set a price that they felt Detroit would match.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

So we should be happy that Carry Williams and Webb type signings are taking place because they are trying?

Go ahead, and believe if you like. I don't believe in the every kid deserves a trophy mentality.

What does Cary Williams or Webb have to do with Joeckel, unless your implying because those two deals didn't work out somehow this one won't (or has anything to do with Lang). Still missing the angst. Yes the team needs improvement

Remember how this team you love so much was built
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Really, the bottom line is, the FO put all their eggs in one basket with Lang and then failed to sign him. Now everyone decent is gone. Our offensive line is awful. No need to respond to my post, It is what it is.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• what gets me are the posters here saying the o line is bound to improve with another year under their belt???? maybe joeckel adds something but the holes and horrible players are still there. like i said this is the year wilson goes down for the season...
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• There you have it .... :2thumbs: ..... more proof these boys need room to vent and express their befuddlement.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

What does Cary Williams or Webb have to do with Joeckel, unless your implying because those two deals didn't work out somehow this one won't (or has anything to do with Lang). Still missing the angst. Yes the team needs improvement

I believe we just signed a similar caliber player as Webb and Williams, and that is when he is healthy. So yes, I was willing to wait and see assuming the contract contained some precaution and incentives based on at least play time.
    That didn't happen, now we spent half our FA cash and still have the same problems IMO. That doesn't exactly excite me to think another failed year may go by with the same issues.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Siouxhawk wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:

Did you read his first sentence?

good grief man you live in your own alternate universe
    OpHawk
    NET Starter

• Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

I believe we just signed a similar caliber player as Webb and Williams, and that is when he is healthy. So yes, I was willing to wait and see assuming the contract contained some precaution and incentives based on at least play time.
    That didn't happen, now we spent half our FA cash and still have the same problems IMO. That doesn't exactly excite me to think another failed year may go by with the same issues.

Couple things: losing out on Lang sucked but clearly they are trying to address it and realize Joeckel is not the only addition.

This team was built through the draft. They have confidence they can address issues there.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Big name free agent gets away.

Seen this movie before.
    harryjohnson
    NET Rookie

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Couple things: losing out on Lang sucked but clearly they are trying to address it and realize Joeckel is not the only addition.

This team was built through the draft. They have confidence they can address issues there.

Not the oline. 2 of the starters were brought in as free agents, and one was drafted by Holmgren.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:
    nash72 wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:

Yes

The team has regressed from 13-3 and a super bowl win. Pretty difficult bar to raise, let alone maintain. Hawks have really been the 2nd best franchise in the NFL the last 5 years. Probably owe it to the FO and coach to see if they can turn things around after one subpar (yet pretty successful in comparison to nearly most teams) season

They went after Lang to work on that. Didn't pan out.

2 back to back subpar seasons.
    nash72
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Not the oline. 2 of the starters were brought in as free agents, and one was drafted by Holmgren.

Good gracious.

Super Bowl winning Oline wasn't drafted? Who cares who did it. It's a significant part of how they build the team...they tried for Lang. Maybe see how week 2 of free agency goes?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information