Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Lang visited (UPDATE: signs with Lions)

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Rapoport says the deal averages 9.5m per year. 19m guaranteed.
    Image
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2219
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • $9.5M average for 3 years with $19M fully guaranteed, source said. Rumon is that's the number Seattle offered, and the Lions matched it. That's means he wanted Detroit all along.
    Last edited by TAB420 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Just The Tip......

    I'm a 6'5, 255lb ginger. You can't hurt me, I have no soul.
    User avatar
    TAB420
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 542
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:11 pm


  • TAB420 wrote:$9.5M average for 3 years with $19M fully guaranteed, source said.


    Haha, jinx.
    Image
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2219
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • IrishNW wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:
    IrishNW wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:Welp, cheers to more of the same from last year. Picked up a former second round pick who has been injured and never lived up to expectation and now we are going to draft a rookie starting corner. JS and PC need to study how the pats playbthe draft and FA and get rid of players who are going to want an insane amount of money or are a significant cap hit. Seems like we can't get anything right with this o line. The team is getting older and progressively worse since we won the Super Bowl.


    overreact much? we didnt sign a 30 year old guard ccoming off injury so the world is ending


    Ummm, have you seen the past 2 seasons? Our players are getting older, suffering more injuries, o line is getting worse and hate to break the news to you but the reality is our Super Bowl window is closing. We really needed to make some aggressive moves on o line this offseason and we failed to do that. Sorry to hit you with the reality of things. We just paid Joeckel $7 mill


    Prove that our superbowl window is closing...


    Since XLIX our record has been getting progressively worse. Players are getting older. More players are getting injured. More issues are coming up....o-line has been getting worse and now one of the worst in the league. Running game has been a disaster due to o-line and Lynch leaving. Our defense isn't as stout as it once was due to FA and injuries. We now don't have a starting CB opposite Sherm. These are all MAJOR issues. No run game, no o-line, older players, injuries...these are all critical shortcomings that NO team can overcome and win a Super Bowl without fixing. Not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Can't deny the facts.
    LegendKiller
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 71
    Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:35 am


  • and by the way, if nothing changes, expect more of the same or even things getting worse. At least JS and PC recognize and admit our o-line and run game have been our major short comings.
    LegendKiller
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 71
    Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:35 am


  • Maelstrom787 wrote:Rapoport says the deal averages 9.5m per year. 19m guaranteed.


    Really we still don't know. It's telling us his making 28.5 millions over three years. But it its front loaded that could be 15-10-3.5...right?
    Just The Tip......

    I'm a 6'5, 255lb ginger. You can't hurt me, I have no soul.
    User avatar
    TAB420
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 542
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:11 pm


  • overreact much? we didnt sign a 30 year old guard ccoming off injury so the world is ending[/quote]

    Ummm, have you seen the past 2 seasons? Our players are getting older, suffering more injuries, o line is getting worse and hate to break the news to you but the reality is our Super Bowl window is closing. We really needed to make some aggressive moves on o line this offseason and we failed to do that. Sorry to hit you with the reality of things. We just paid Joeckel $7 mill[/quote]

    Prove that our superbowl window is closing...[/quote]

    Since XLIX our record has been getting progressively worse. Players are getting older. More players are getting injured. More issues are coming up....o-line has been getting worse and now one of the worst in the league. Running game has been a disaster due to o-line and Lynch leaving. Our defense isn't as stout as it once was due to FA and injuries. We now don't have a starting CB opposite Sherm. These are all MAJOR issues. No run game, no o-line, older players, injuries...these are all critical shortcomings that NO team can overcome and win a Super Bowl without fixing. Not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Can't deny the facts.[/quote]

    Agree with this.

    Top it off with the abysmal drafting the last few years.
    User avatar
    OpHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 299
    Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:26 am




  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3634
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • LegendKiller wrote:and by the way, if nothing changes, expect more of the same or even things getting worse. At least JS and PC recognize and admit our o-line and run game have been our major short comings.


    Yep. My excitement for the next season is already fizzling.

    Same tired schemes, same line stuggles, Wilson running for his life, offensive ineptitude, Richard not getting creative and our zone getting shredded, no running game, not forcing turnovers.

    Sigh.
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 9158
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: San Diego, CA


  • So the Pack only wanted to give Lang 6.5 guaranteed. That could speak volumes.
    Just The Tip......

    I'm a 6'5, 255lb ginger. You can't hurt me, I have no soul.
    User avatar
    TAB420
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 542
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:11 pm


  • @rapoport
    The #Lions deal for former #Packers G TJ Lang: $9.5M average for 3 years with $19M fully guaranteed, source said.
    User avatar
    LeftHandSmoke
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1574
    Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 2:21 pm


  • TAB420 wrote:So the Pack only wanted to give Lang 6.5 guaranteed. That could speak volumes.


    That's what I been sayin'^^^.

    But he was the answer to all our woes.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1547
    Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:19 pm
    Location: Graham, WA


  • Well we lost out on Jared Allen the same way pretty much, Lang leveraged us against Green Bay and Detroit, he may have had interest then again he may not have wanted to become a ZBS member of Cables fraternity, we forget that there is that aspect as well.

    When a player is here as long as he was and is allowed to leave without a contract it's pretty much over with and they are just trying to troll teams to get the one they really want to play for to up the ante.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22163
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • :lol: :lol: No LANG LANG LANG, N-NO LANG LANG :lol: :lol:
    Seahawks destined to fail without LANG........Might as well QUIT believing that there's any hope, eh?
    Some of Y'all can go ahead and bail off.....I boarded the Seahawks Bandwagon from the very get-go, the ONLY reason I'm ever gettin' off, is cuz the wheels need a little oiling. :irishdrinkers:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6220
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • Not bailing off crap. I will always have faith. With that said, they need to just give up a first round pick for Joe Thomas. He is under contract for a few years, and under 10 mil a year. The Browns would give him up. Wouldn't even have the injuries to deal with. I'm going to wait and see if there is a contingency plan in place before I hit the panic button.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

    https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    User avatar
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 653
    Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am



  • nwHawk wrote:Like it or not Fant is in and Gilliam is a big question mark. I fully expect Fant to start all season and to surprise the hell out of most fans. Gilliam, well, I think he signs elsewhere.


    :ditto:

    Fant really started to turn it on at the tail end of the season. I see him being our LT all through this season.
    User avatar
    nrayorr
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 212
    Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:32 am


  • As much as I would've wanted him on the Hawks, he's a little "lang in the tooth" at 29 years old with that injury history.
    Kennedyin92
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 493
    Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:51 am


  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:and by the way, if nothing changes, expect more of the same or even things getting worse. At least JS and PC recognize and admit our o-line and run game have been our major short comings.


    Yep. My excitement for the next season is already fizzling.

    Same tired schemes, same line stuggles, Wilson running for his life, offensive ineptitude, Richard not getting creative and our zone getting shredded, no running game, not forcing turnovers.

    Sigh.

    This insinuates that players can't progress, thus aren't coachable. We haven't had a cohesive OL since 2013, so hopefully Ifedi, Glow and Fant can make some strides, and also get stronger (Fant). I'm not saying I'm not sick of the same old, same old...however, we're in the playoffs every year with more than a hope for the Super Bowl. Most teams in the league would kill for that possibility.

    I'm putting my faith, once again, into the coaching staff (albeit not a huge fan of Cable), to help these young men reach their full potential.

    Here's hoping they can find someone to man the RT spot, and nail down some power on that right side.
    User avatar
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 671
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:52 pm


  • LegendKiller wrote:
    Since XLIX our record has been getting progressively worse. Players are getting older. More players are getting injured. More issues are coming up....o-line has been getting worse and now one of the worst in the league. Running game has been a disaster due to o-line and Lynch leaving. Our defense isn't as stout as it once was due to FA and injuries. We now don't have a starting CB opposite Sherm. These are all MAJOR issues. No run game, no o-line, older players, injuries...these are all critical shortcomings that NO team can overcome and win a Super Bowl without fixing. Not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Can't deny the facts.

    Nothing you present as facts are actually facts.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3594
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


  • Jimjones0384 wrote:I'm just glad to know the Hawks made the best offer. Detroit had to match it to get him.


    It was either us or Detroit, then Detroit matched our offer and I read that he's a Detroit native so he wanted to be close to home if the offer was right, that's a win win for him.
    Image
    User avatar
    theincrediblesok
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1537
    Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:05 pm


  • OpHawk wrote:overreact much? we didnt sign a 30 year old guard ccoming off injury so the world is ending


    Ummm, have you seen the past 2 seasons? Our players are getting older, suffering more injuries, o line is getting worse and hate to break the news to you but the reality is our Super Bowl window is closing. We really needed to make some aggressive moves on o line this offseason and we failed to do that. Sorry to hit you with the reality of things. We just paid Joeckel $7 mill[/quote]

    Prove that our superbowl window is closing...[/quote]

    Since XLIX our record has been getting progressively worse. Players are getting older. More players are getting injured. More issues are coming up....o-line has been getting worse and now one of the worst in the league. Running game has been a disaster due to o-line and Lynch leaving. Our defense isn't as stout as it once was due to FA and injuries. We now don't have a starting CB opposite Sherm. These are all MAJOR issues. No run game, no o-line, older players, injuries...these are all critical shortcomings that NO team can overcome and win a Super Bowl without fixing. Not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Can't deny the facts.[/quote]

    Agree with this.

    Top it off with the abysmal drafting the last few years.[/quote]

    This class is coming off year one on a roster full of Pro Bowlers and entrenched starters. A bit early especially given some of their injuries. Lockett, Clark, count Jimmy G as part of that class. P-Rich, Cassius Marsh and Britt. Not sure what you are referring to as abysmal.
    User avatar
    Subzero717
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10014
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:
    Since XLIX our record has been getting progressively worse. Players are getting older. More players are getting injured. More issues are coming up....o-line has been getting worse and now one of the worst in the league. Running game has been a disaster due to o-line and Lynch leaving. Our defense isn't as stout as it once was due to FA and injuries. We now don't have a starting CB opposite Sherm. These are all MAJOR issues. No run game, no o-line, older players, injuries...these are all critical shortcomings that NO team can overcome and win a Super Bowl without fixing. Not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Can't deny the facts.

    Nothing you present as facts are actually facts.


    How can you not see the regression in the last 4 seasons? Its not getting better, its getting worse.
    User avatar
    nash72
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 832
    Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:33 am


  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:and by the way, if nothing changes, expect more of the same or even things getting worse. At least JS and PC recognize and admit our o-line and run game have been our major short comings.


    Yep. My excitement for the next season is already fizzling.

    Same tired schemes, same line stuggles, Wilson running for his life, offensive ineptitude, Richard not getting creative and our zone getting shredded, no running game, not forcing turnovers.

    Sigh.


    Doesn't matter. The Hawks will win the division due to the sad state of the NFC West which means playoffs and in turn means,,,,thats good enough.
    User avatar
    nash72
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 832
    Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:33 am


  • We are going to leave this thread in the main forum for the time being
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12429
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Sounds good to me. :2thumbs: These boys are way off topic now and clearly need some place to vent and express their befuddlement.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6903
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • nash72 wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:
    Since XLIX our record has been getting progressively worse. Players are getting older. More players are getting injured. More issues are coming up....o-line has been getting worse and now one of the worst in the league. Running game has been a disaster due to o-line and Lynch leaving. Our defense isn't as stout as it once was due to FA and injuries. We now don't have a starting CB opposite Sherm. These are all MAJOR issues. No run game, no o-line, older players, injuries...these are all critical shortcomings that NO team can overcome and win a Super Bowl without fixing. Not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Can't deny the facts.

    Nothing you present as facts are actually facts.


    How can you not see the regression in the last 4 seasons? Its not getting better, its getting worse.

    It's only getting worse if your insecurities allow you to think that. I see a powerful team that will begin the year as a playoff contender and beyond.

    And by the way, Pandion's post earlier in this thread is my favorite of the offseason. I would like to see one more addition after the decision.
    Last edited by Siouxhawk on Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3594
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    Atradees wrote:Pass blocking for Aarons Rodgers who holds the ball for two seconds shouldn't get you 14 million a year. Sour grapes I know.


    You should watch a few games. Rodgers had all freakin day to throw the ball often times, and had one of the best olines in the league.



    Oh ok. Not really. I did. Rodgers game wasn't back on until then. This guy wasn't gonna fix our line.
    Shaq Griffin: 2017 Adopt a Rookie (injury substitution)
    User avatar
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3191
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
    Location: South of Heaven


  • nash72 wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:
    Since XLIX our record has been getting progressively worse. Players are getting older. More players are getting injured. More issues are coming up....o-line has been getting worse and now one of the worst in the league. Running game has been a disaster due to o-line and Lynch leaving. Our defense isn't as stout as it once was due to FA and injuries. We now don't have a starting CB opposite Sherm. These are all MAJOR issues. No run game, no o-line, older players, injuries...these are all critical shortcomings that NO team can overcome and win a Super Bowl without fixing. Not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Can't deny the facts.

    Nothing you present as facts are actually facts.


    How can you not see the regression in the last 4 seasons? Its not getting better, its getting worse.


    Yes

    The team has regressed from 13-3 and a super bowl win. Pretty difficult bar to raise, let alone maintain. Hawks have really been the 2nd best franchise in the NFL the last 5 years. Probably owe it to the FO and coach to see if they can turn things around after one subpar (yet pretty successful in comparison to nearly most teams) season

    They went after Lang to work on that. Didn't pan out.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12429
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:
    Since XLIX our record has been getting progressively worse. Players are getting older. More players are getting injured. More issues are coming up....o-line has been getting worse and now one of the worst in the league. Running game has been a disaster due to o-line and Lynch leaving. Our defense isn't as stout as it once was due to FA and injuries. We now don't have a starting CB opposite Sherm. These are all MAJOR issues. No run game, no o-line, older players, injuries...these are all critical shortcomings that NO team can overcome and win a Super Bowl without fixing. Not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Can't deny the facts.

    Nothing you present as facts are actually facts.


    Agree. The players aren't getting older in my little world either, they are getting younger. And the oline isn't getting worse, #32 is top of the league. :sarcasm_off:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2911
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • bevellisthedevil wrote:What the hell is everyone bitching about? Cable has his eyes on 3 Defensive Linemen, 2 Basketball players, and a Golf putter to convert to tackle positions to protect our $20 million dollar human centipede picture loving QB.



    FIFY bro.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7212
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    bevellisthedevil wrote:What the hell is everyone bitching about? Cable has his eyes on 3 Defensive Linemen, 2 Basketball players, and a Golf putter to convert to tackle positions to protect our $20 million dollar human centipede picture loving QB.



    FIFY bro.



    Yup.....this is the offseason.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1521
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:and by the way, if nothing changes, expect more of the same or even things getting worse. At least JS and PC recognize and admit our o-line and run game have been our major short comings.


    Yep. My excitement for the next season is already fizzling.

    Same tired schemes, same line stuggles, Wilson running for his life, offensive ineptitude, Richard not getting creative and our zone getting shredded, no running game, not forcing turnovers.

    Sigh.


    I happen to disagree.....I think we have options still on the table here. I think that we have a group ready to excel in their craft on the front lines. We shall see.......wanna go to tennesee and see it happen too.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7212
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • Atradees wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Atradees wrote:Pass blocking for Aarons Rodgers who holds the ball for two seconds shouldn't get you 14 million a year. Sour grapes I know.


    You should watch a few games. Rodgers had all freakin day to throw the ball often times, and had one of the best olines in the league.



    Oh ok. Not really. I did. Rodgers game wasn't back on until then. This guy wasn't gonna fix our line.


    Whatever you say. I'm sure no changes and same ole' should do the trick for you. :2thumbs:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2911
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    Atradees wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Atradees wrote:Pass blocking for Aarons Rodgers who holds the ball for two seconds shouldn't get you 14 million a year. Sour grapes I know.


    You should watch a few games. Rodgers had all freakin day to throw the ball often times, and had one of the best olines in the league.



    Oh ok. Not really. I did. Rodgers game wasn't back on until then. This guy wasn't gonna fix our line.


    Whatever you say. I'm sure no changes and same ole' should do the trick for you. :2thumbs:


    Haven't we made a change already?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12429
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Whatever you say. I'm sure no changes and same ole' should do the trick for you. :2thumbs:


    Haven't we made a change already?


    We shall see. I'll need to see him climb out of the wheelchair first before I give him the benefit of the doubt of starting on this team.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2911
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Whatever you say. I'm sure no changes and same ole' should do the trick for you. :2thumbs:


    Haven't we made a change already?


    We shall see. I'll need to see him climb out of the wheelchair first before I give him the benefit of the doubt of starting on this team.


    The guy that's like 3-4 years younger than Lang?

    I mean I get people are disappointed but the hand wringing over this is a bit much .People wanted O line help. Seattle signed one player and nearly another (who chose his home town). They are clearly trying.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12429
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Whatever you say. I'm sure no changes and same ole' should do the trick for you. :2thumbs:


    Haven't we made a change already?


    We shall see. I'll need to see him climb out of the wheelchair first before I give him the benefit of the doubt of starting on this team.


    The guy that's like 3-4 years younger than Lang?

    I mean I get people are disappointed but the hand wringing over this is a bit much .People wanted O line help. Seattle signed one player and nearly another (who chose his home town). They are clearly trying.


    So we should be happy that Carry Williams and Webb type signings are taking place because they are trying?

    Go ahead, and believe if you like. I don't believe in the every kid deserves a trophy mentality.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2911
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • I'm not counting this as a total loss for the front office. My opinion is/was that there were two goals in hosting Lang. 1 - Bring him in to upgrade the O-line. 2 - Even if we can't bring him in, set the market price high enough that Green Bay couldn't/ wouldn't match it thus weakening one of our key obstacles to another SB. (I don't see Detroit as any obstacle.). In fact it is entirely possible that the primary goal was just to ensure that he isn't playing for GB next year.

    I think they successfully negotiated this, and I'm reasonably happy with the outcome. They set a price that they knew GB wouldn't/ couldn't match, and perhaps set a price that they felt Detroit would match.
    Fire Tom Cable
    User avatar
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2096
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


  • Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    We shall see. I'll need to see him climb out of the wheelchair first before I give him the benefit of the doubt of starting on this team.


    The guy that's like 3-4 years younger than Lang?

    I mean I get people are disappointed but the hand wringing over this is a bit much .People wanted O line help. Seattle signed one player and nearly another (who chose his home town). They are clearly trying.


    So we should be happy that Carry Williams and Webb type signings are taking place because they are trying?

    Go ahead, and believe if you like. I don't believe in the every kid deserves a trophy mentality.


    What does Cary Williams or Webb have to do with Joeckel, unless your implying because those two deals didn't work out somehow this one won't (or has anything to do with Lang). Still missing the angst. Yes the team needs improvement

    Remember how this team you love so much was built
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12429
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Really, the bottom line is, the FO put all their eggs in one basket with Lang and then failed to sign him. Now everyone decent is gone. Our offensive line is awful. No need to respond to my post, It is what it is.
    User avatar
    King Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1325
    Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:13 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • what gets me are the posters here saying the o line is bound to improve with another year under their belt???? maybe joeckel adds something but the holes and horrible players are still there. like i said this is the year wilson goes down for the season...
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4741
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • There you have it .... :2thumbs: ..... more proof these boys need room to vent and express their befuddlement.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6903
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    We shall see. I'll need to see him climb out of the wheelchair first before I give him the benefit of the doubt of starting on this team.


    The guy that's like 3-4 years younger than Lang?

    I mean I get people are disappointed but the hand wringing over this is a bit much .People wanted O line help. Seattle signed one player and nearly another (who chose his home town). They are clearly trying.


    So we should be happy that Carry Williams and Webb type signings are taking place because they are trying?

    Go ahead, and believe if you like. I don't believe in the every kid deserves a trophy mentality.


    What does Cary Williams or Webb have to do with Joeckel, unless your implying because those two deals didn't work out somehow this one won't (or has anything to do with Lang). Still missing the angst. Yes the team needs improvement

    Remember how this team you love so much was built


    I believe we just signed a similar caliber player as Webb and Williams, and that is when he is healthy. So yes, I was willing to wait and see assuming the contract contained some precaution and incentives based on at least play time.
    That didn't happen, now we spent half our FA cash and still have the same problems IMO. That doesn't exactly excite me to think another failed year may go by with the same issues.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2911
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:
    Since XLIX our record has been getting progressively worse. Players are getting older. More players are getting injured. More issues are coming up....o-line has been getting worse and now one of the worst in the league. Running game has been a disaster due to o-line and Lynch leaving. Our defense isn't as stout as it once was due to FA and injuries. We now don't have a starting CB opposite Sherm. These are all MAJOR issues. No run game, no o-line, older players, injuries...these are all critical shortcomings that NO team can overcome and win a Super Bowl without fixing. Not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Can't deny the facts.

    Nothing you present as facts are actually facts.


    Did you read his first sentence?

    good grief man you live in your own alternate universe
    User avatar
    OpHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 299
    Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:26 am


  • Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    The guy that's like 3-4 years younger than Lang?

    I mean I get people are disappointed but the hand wringing over this is a bit much .People wanted O line help. Seattle signed one player and nearly another (who chose his home town). They are clearly trying.


    So we should be happy that Carry Williams and Webb type signings are taking place because they are trying?

    Go ahead, and believe if you like. I don't believe in the every kid deserves a trophy mentality.


    What does Cary Williams or Webb have to do with Joeckel, unless your implying because those two deals didn't work out somehow this one won't (or has anything to do with Lang). Still missing the angst. Yes the team needs improvement

    Remember how this team you love so much was built


    I believe we just signed a similar caliber player as Webb and Williams, and that is when he is healthy. So yes, I was willing to wait and see assuming the contract contained some precaution and incentives based on at least play time.
    That didn't happen, now we spent half our FA cash and still have the same problems IMO. That doesn't exactly excite me to think another failed year may go by with the same issues.


    Couple things: losing out on Lang sucked but clearly they are trying to address it and realize Joeckel is not the only addition.

    This team was built through the draft. They have confidence they can address issues there.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12429
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Big name free agent gets away.

    Seen this movie before.
    harryjohnson
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 182
    Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:13 pm


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Couple things: losing out on Lang sucked but clearly they are trying to address it and realize Joeckel is not the only addition.

    This team was built through the draft. They have confidence they can address issues there.


    Not the oline. 2 of the starters were brought in as free agents, and one was drafted by Holmgren.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2911
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    nash72 wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    LegendKiller wrote:
    Since XLIX our record has been getting progressively worse. Players are getting older. More players are getting injured. More issues are coming up....o-line has been getting worse and now one of the worst in the league. Running game has been a disaster due to o-line and Lynch leaving. Our defense isn't as stout as it once was due to FA and injuries. We now don't have a starting CB opposite Sherm. These are all MAJOR issues. No run game, no o-line, older players, injuries...these are all critical shortcomings that NO team can overcome and win a Super Bowl without fixing. Not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Can't deny the facts.

    Nothing you present as facts are actually facts.


    How can you not see the regression in the last 4 seasons? Its not getting better, its getting worse.


    Yes

    The team has regressed from 13-3 and a super bowl win. Pretty difficult bar to raise, let alone maintain. Hawks have really been the 2nd best franchise in the NFL the last 5 years. Probably owe it to the FO and coach to see if they can turn things around after one subpar (yet pretty successful in comparison to nearly most teams) season

    They went after Lang to work on that. Didn't pan out.


    2 back to back subpar seasons.
    User avatar
    nash72
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 832
    Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:33 am


  • Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Couple things: losing out on Lang sucked but clearly they are trying to address it and realize Joeckel is not the only addition.

    This team was built through the draft. They have confidence they can address issues there.


    Not the oline. 2 of the starters were brought in as free agents, and one was drafted by Holmgren.


    Good gracious.

    Super Bowl winning Oline wasn't drafted? Who cares who did it. It's a significant part of how they build the team...they tried for Lang. Maybe see how week 2 of free agency goes?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12429
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online