Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Adrian Peterson visiting the Seahawks (Update: Lacy signed)

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Re: Adrian Peterson visiting the Seahawks
Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:09 am
  • Line in still gonne be really bad so might as well stock up on any RB they can now. Hopefully those buffoons up front improve atleast a little from last year.Joekel the savior should provide some great leadership and toughness.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:13 am
  • A 31 often injured back? Ummm...
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Starter

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:19 am
  • watch us throw 7 million guaranteed at him....

Pete has a "thing" about uber athletes
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:22 am
  • IrishNW wrote:watch us throw 7 million guaranteed at him....

They have no choice now. All they can do is throw some money at him and hope for the best. AP has a thing for great comebacks maybe he can pull it off again.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:22 am
  • I saw a video of AP rehabbing from his last injury. The dude was doing 36+ inch box jumps with two 85 pound dumbells. Just saying, he is rather "special".
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:23 am
  • IrishNW wrote:watch us throw 7 million guaranteed at him....

Why would you say that? You act like our GM is incompetent, which he certainly is not.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:24 am
  • anyone know how well AP blocks?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:25 am
  • Go home Peterskin!! You will not hold up with a worse oline than you came from. :pukeface:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:27 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:anyone know how well AP blocks?

LOL. He doesn't!! One huge reason he doesn't fit or help here. In fact he flat out refuses to at times. Also poor at pass catching. One dimensional player, that needs a good oline to be successful.

Ohh...did I mention he is a turnover machine??

Move along Adrian!!
    Last edited by Seymour on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:28 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    IrishNW wrote:watch us throw 7 million guaranteed at him....

Why would you say that? You act like our GM is incompetent, which he certainly is not.

it was a joke...kinda
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:30 am
  • It'll be a big disappointment if we spend money and sign him. Draft a RB and go from there.
    nash72
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:32 am
  • Grahamhawker wrote:I saw a video of AP rehabbing from his last injury. The dude was doing 36+ inch box jumps with two 85 pound dumbells. Just saying, he is rather "special".

Saw that too. Dude is a freak athlete no doubt.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:35 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:anyone know how well AP blocks?

LOL. He doesn't!! One huge reason he doesn't fit or help here. In fact he flat out refuses to at times. Also poor at pass catching. One dimensional player, that needs a good oline to be successful.

Ohh...did I mention he is a turnover machine??

Move along Adrian!!

okay good to know...so if we sign him it seems like an act of desperation by our FO to at least get someone signed in FA. A RB deep draft, weak o line draft and we are targeting over the hill RB's and focused on one o lineman who never wanted to play here to begin with....???????
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:36 am
  • If he signs the board will go bonkers sucking up to him. He can teach these younger guys how to take care of there bodies and how to be professionals. To me as long as they get AP or zCharles i will be happy. Draft Mixon for the future but vetetan leadership is needed.
    bighawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:40 am
  • There is always the hope that since 4 out of the 5 O-Linemen were starting for the first time in their respective places that they will improve going into the 2nd year.

Reps and game experience goes a long way and I would LOVE to see AP busting off huge plays for the Hawks. I kinda changed my mind on him.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:52 am
  • AP would be a valuable piece to the puzzle. He is going to run like a man possessed this season. He's a boiling teapot ready to erupt.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:12 am

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:14 am
  • He doesn't hit the hole anymore. He hops around like Shaun Alexander did before he was released. The only difference is Shaun fell down in the backfield prior to contact. AP will just get blasted and fall down in the backfield.
    BEVELL IS THE DEVIL
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:18 am
  • bevellisthedevil wrote:He doesn't hit the hole anymore.

Doesn't he have 7 kids?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:28 am
  • bevellisthedevil wrote:He doesn't hit the hole anymore. He hops around like Shaun Alexander did before he was released. The only difference is Shaun fell down in the backfield prior to contact. AP will just get blasted and fall down in the backfield.

Yeah he sucked in 2015 didn't he?...He was hurt last year.

2015Vikings 327carries 1,485yards 4.5 avg. 11touchdowns 30 receptions
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:37 am
  • bevellisthedevil wrote:He doesn't hit the hole anymore. He hops around like Shaun Alexander did before he was released. The only difference is Shaun fell down in the backfield prior to contact. AP will just get blasted and fall down in the backfield.

Was the rushing leader in 2015 and looked as good as ever. 2016 he was just injured, nobody knows how he will respond next season but i think its worth the risk.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• Seahawk_Dan wrote:A 31 often injured back? Ummm...

If the definition of "often injured" is that he was out most of last season then you are correct. It also applies to a LOT of stars in this league at one point of their career.

Not like he missed a bunch of games several years in a row which is normally how I define often injured....
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Siouxhawk wrote:AP would be a valuable piece to the puzzle. He is going to run like a man possessed this season. He's a boiling teapot ready to erupt.

+1

I hope we can get him, one of the best backs in history. Prior to that injury he went gonzo on the league in 2015.

His father is quoted somewhere as suggesting the Raiders would be the better fit than the Hawks, given the OLs.
    LeftHandSmoke
    NET Veteran

• nash72 wrote:It'll be a big disappointment if we spend money and sign him. Draft a RB and go from there.

Who else are they going to sign? Might as well take a chance on one of these rbs.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

• AP is not coming here with this OL.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

• Siouxhawk wrote:AP would be a valuable piece to the puzzle. He is going to run like a man possessed this season. He's a boiling teapot ready to erupt.

Yeah, we'll be locked and loaded to win the Super Bowl in 2012.

Tarvaris Jackson
    Sidney Rice
    Percy Harvin
    and now maybe Adrian Peterson. How many of Bevell's Vikings need to strike out here before we stop signing them? Does Favre want to put in a year here, too?

Rawls and Prosise both looked great last year when healthy. Talent at RB is not a problem, injuries are. So I'd hardly call a 31 year old back a "valuable piece."
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• If prosise stays healthy i honestly don't even want AD taking any of his reps anyway.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

• nash72 wrote:It'll be a big disappointment if we spend money and sign him. Draft a RB and go from there.

This year's draft is great for running backs and defense. You can find a very good back through all the rounds. We have a thing for old running backs coming here to end their careers. Not sure why, but that's our MO.
    nrayorr
    NET Rookie

• I don't know if AP has much tread on the tires left or what will become of him coming here but I still haven't figured out what Prosise has done to stir soo much excitement. IMO he still has the same potential as when coming out and much to prove.
    penihawk
    NET Veteran

• I have no interest in this what so ever. I'm not sure the numbers but wouldn't even the Vet Minimum be rather high for somebody as long in the tooth as AP? I'd much prefer they gamble on a draft pick and use any available cap for OLine. That's much more important than getting another running back.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• WindCityHawk wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:AP would be a valuable piece to the puzzle. He is going to run like a man possessed this season. He's a boiling teapot ready to erupt.

Tarvaris Jackson
    Sidney Rice
    Percy Harvin
    and now maybe Adrian Peterson. How many of Bevell's Vikings need to strike out here before we stop signing them? Does Favre want to put in a year here, too?

Rawls and Prosise both looked great last year when healthy. Talent at RB is not a problem, injuries are. So I'd hardly call a 31 year old back a "valuable piece."

Considering that the first 3 ex-Vikings you listed won a ring in our offense with Bevell calling the shots, I love them all.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• WindCityHawk wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:AP would be a valuable piece to the puzzle. He is going to run like a man possessed this season. He's a boiling teapot ready to erupt.

Tarvaris Jackson
    Sidney Rice
    Percy Harvin

The craziest thing is that Tarvaris Jackson, Sidney Rice, and Percy Harvin all got a SB ring here....that's probably what will lore AP to want to sign here, hopefully for a lower price. I think he can help the young RBs if anything.
    theincrediblesok
    NET Veteran

• AP and Wilson are my two favorite players but knowing AP like I do since I watch and post about the Vikings as well I doubt he is going to sign to a deal that we will find acceptable. If he does I will be shocked more than just about anyone.

The problem last year, aside from injuries is that so often he would get the ball and 1-2 defenders would be almost immediately on him in the backfield. If he gets time to actually get to the line and do something he can be dangerous.

He isnt the best blocker but I think he has been underutilized in the passing game for the Vikings and he is a threat by himself just like Wilson is. If he can play well in a read option/PA style we like to run he or Wilson is going to have tons of options. We all saw how well the read option worked with Lynch with huge holes opening up. You give that to AP and he is going to rip huge runs.

I would sign him but not more 7 mil probably which I think is realistic and maybe even underselling how much he is going to get.

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

• WilsonMVP wrote:AP and Wilson are my two favorite players but knowing AP like I do since I watch and post about the Vikings as well I doubt he is going to sign to a deal that we will find acceptable. If he does I will be shocked more than just about anyone.

The problem last year, aside from injuries is that so often he would get the ball and 1-2 defenders would be almost immediately on him in the backfield. If he gets time to actually get to the line and do something he can be dangerous.

He isnt the best blocker but I think he has been underutilized in the passing game for the Vikings and he is a threat by himself just like Wilson is. If he can play well in a read option/PA style we like to run he or Wilson is going to have tons of options. We all saw how well the read option worked with Lynch with huge holes opening up. You give that to AP and he is going to rip huge runs.

I would sign him but not more 7 mil probably which I think is realistic and maybe even underselling how much he is going to get.

Excellent post Wilson and I want Adrian here, but $7 million is way too much. Maybe base $3 million while being incentive-laden. I love the guy, but $7 million takes us out of adding at least one more lower-budget FA lineman that could be just what we're looking for.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• theincrediblesok wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:

Tarvaris Jackson
    Sidney Rice
    Percy Harvin

The craziest thing is that Tarvaris Jackson, Sidney Rice, and Percy Harvin all got a SB ring here....that's probably what will lore AP to want to sign here, hopefully for a lower price. I think he can help the young RBs if anything.

Lots of people get Super Bowl rings when a team wins, whether they contribute or not....................... Well.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• penihawk wrote:I still haven't figured out what Prosise has done to stir soo much excitement. IMO he still has the same potential as when coming out and much to prove.

Probably has to do with that game where he carried 17 times for 66 yards and had 7 receptions for 87 yards and the opposition (Patriots) appeared to have absolutely no answer for him. With him being so damaging, Wilson went off to the tune of 348 yards and 3 TDs. Gives people hope.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

• NJlargent wrote:AP is not coming here with this OL.

His dad said he wants to come here.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• ap would go anywhere at this point...
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• If there is a chance Peterson can come close to being what he was in 2015 then we will have a gem. Someone said he doesnt hit the holes likehe use to well u can say the same about Lynch his last year as we all know the line was the reason he couldnt hit the holes. Petetson is special he is working hard to return to form. I will be happy with AP or JC. go hawks.
    bighawk
    NET Veteran

• WilsonMVP wrote:The problem last year, aside from injuries is that so often he would get the ball and 1-2 defenders would be almost immediately on him in the backfield. If he gets time to actually get to the line and do something he can be dangerous.

That happened in Minnesota. Just imagine how bad it will be if he comes here.
    nash72
    NET Veteran

• Siouxhawk wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:

Tarvaris Jackson
    Sidney Rice
    Percy Harvin

Considering that the first 3 ex-Vikings you listed won a ring in our offense with Bevell calling the shots, I love them all.

Jackson was a backup, Rice was on IR, and Harvin was in 2 games--including the Super Bowl--and his kick return was irrelevant in a lopsided game.

You know damn well all three of those players had zero to do with that game, if not that entire season. Stop trolling.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• WindCityHawk wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:

Tarvaris Jackson
    Sidney Rice
    Percy Harvin

Jackson was a backup, Rice was on IR, and Harvin was in 2 games--including the Super Bowl--and his kick return was irrelevant in a lopsided game.

You know damn well all three of those players had zero to do with that game, if not that entire season. Stop trolling.

I believe their mentorship was huge though for several seasons, maybe not Percy, but Jackson for Wilson and Rice for our WR group that was at that time believed to be pedestrians.

AP would be a great mentor I believe for our RB group, not saying he would be a great fit here but it might be the thing that our very young RB group needs, a veteran presence.
    theincrediblesok
    NET Veteran

• So, have we signed his broken ass already? Personally I'd just draft someone in a deep RB draft but what do I know? After that or hopefully way above that just draft defense. Including an actual CB and FS. Given it's even more loaded at those positions. Or the reverse, who cares just do it. We have money if we choose that direction but I'd prefer one more real shot at OL because running backs are dime a dozen in the current NFL.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:06 pm
  • ]
    WindCityHawk wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:

Tarvaris Jackson
    Sidney Rice
    Percy Harvin

I believe their mentorship was huge though for several seasons, maybe not Percy, but Jackson for Wilson and Rice for our WR group that was at that time believed to be pedestrians.

AP would be a great mentor I believe for our RB group, not saying he would be a great fit here but it might be the thing that our very young RB group needs, a veteran presence.

Thank you, incredible

No matter what, they were on our roster and we won a Super Bowl. What do you want? And everyone only dwells on Percy's kick return, which was the final nail in the coffin, in that game. But he also had a big reverse run and another catch, at least one for a first down, that set our offensive tempo.

Why is it such a bad thing that I follow the Vikings because of where I live, but my heart is with the Hawks and I think we could pick off a few of their players from that sorry franchise to make us better? For example, Matt Kalil is being paid too much.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:39 pm
  • Funny thing is if the Vikings hired Bevell and signed Tjack as a back up Siouxhawk would be on the Vikings board before the Mic hit the floor.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:00 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Funny thing is if the Vikings hired Bevell and signed Tjack as a back up Siouxhawk would be on the Vikings board before the Mic hit the floor.

I certainly would not like that. It's kind of baffling that you think you know me well enough to not see the connections I've made after watching the Hawks for 7 years. But once again, you've watched the team longer Chris, so you're a superfan over a lowly follower such as myself.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:02 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Funny thing is if the Vikings hired Bevell and signed Tjack as a back up Siouxhawk would be on the Vikings board before the Mic hit the floor.

I certainly would not like that. It's kind of baffling that you think you know me well enough to not see the connections I've made after watching the Hawks for 7 years. But once again, you've watched the team longer Chris, so you're a superfan over a lowly follower such as myself.

Not at all, you jumped ship once and your loyalty is evident to whom you are a loyalist to.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:05 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Funny thing is if the Vikings hired Bevell and signed Tjack as a back up Siouxhawk would be on the Vikings board before the Mic hit the floor.

Not at all, you jumped ship once and your loyalty is evident to whom you are a loyalist to.

OK ... and that is bad how? .
    Keep in mind that I don't take my loyalty lightly. Do you really want to go in this direction?
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:16 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information