Austin Pasztor: Offensive Line options after missing Lang

nwHawk

Reaction score
Missing out on TJ Lang is a bummer but we need to keep an open mind. Super Bowl champs aren't crowned in March. Gotta keep pushing. So, what tackles and guards are left that might fit?

Austin Pasztor - Played right tackle last year for the Browns, and is a serviceable blocker. Only 26 years old. Seems like an upgrade to Gilliam for the offense we want to run. Number 67 in video below:

[youtube]b96V48KvTls[/youtube]

Add a few possibilities. What do you think?

RockinHawks

Reaction score
I don't know much about him, but he's young and looks like he has some talent and decent feet to him. He doesn't seem to let anyone get to him, using his arms well. The sacks given up to Bosa seemed mostly on RG3, and not predominantly Pasztor's fault.

Let's start kicking some tires...after all, anything is better than Gilliam, at this point.

I'm still interested in looking at Schwenke (OG/OC), as well.

ctrcat

Reaction score
As I said in the main forum, making a competitive offer to Andrew Norwell sitting on his 2nd Round tender would create all kind of levels of intrigue and discussion on multiple fronts, but it's a possibility.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ctrcat":31jqr16p said:
As I said in the main forum, making a competitive offer to Andrew Norwell sitting on his 2nd Round tender would create all kind of levels of intrigue and discussion on multiple fronts, but it's a possibility.

If he has a pulse and plays Oline in the NFL you might as well start a thread for him

ctrcat

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3453f6sc said:
ctrcat":3453f6sc said:

If he has a pulse and plays Oline in the NFL you might as well start a thread for him

Ha. OK I will.

getnasty

Reaction score
I like Pasztor on the cheap I think it just depends on what there plans are with Joeckel? My guess is he's playing right tackle and if that's the case then Pasztor doesn't make much sense.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
I think Luke Joeckel is going to play LG and Glow moves back to RG. Glow is a better run blocked than he is a pass blocker.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
I originally posted this to start talking about alternatives to Lane and not just Pasztor, but...

getnasty

Reaction score
Interesting that Pasztor's still available, with Gilliam gone I wouldn'the mind signing him to a one year prove it deal and let him compete at RT.