Andrew Norwell

ctrcat

Reaction score
25 years old, two Time All Big Ten at Ohio State, one of the top OG's in football per PFF for 3 straight years. Sprung the key block for Stewart to set the tone in the divisional playoff game in January 2016. The Panthers took a calculated risk by not placing a 1st Round tender and instead used a 2nd Round tender. But for a team with a pick late in the round looking for a sure thing, you couldn't ask for more out of a player or teammate. Given the crazy OG salaries this offseason it's unlikely the Panthers would match a competitive offer for a 2nd Round tender given that OG Trai Turner is looking for a new deal next year as well. Could help the Hawks tremendously and certainly hurt the Panthers, the 2nd Rounder being the wildcard on both sides I'd say. Thoughts?

Josea16

Reaction score
ctrcat":477bp8ux said:
25 years old, two Time All Big Ten at Ohio State, one of the top OG's in football per PFF for 3 straight years. Sprung the key block for Stewart to set the tone in the divisional playoff game in January 2016. The Panthers took a calculated risk by not placing a 1st Round tender and instead used a 2nd Round tender. But for a team with a pick late in the round looking for a sure thing, you couldn't ask for more out of a player or teammate. Given the crazy OG salaries this offseason it's unlikely the Panthers would match a competitive offer for a 2nd Round tender given that OG Trai Turner is looking for a new deal next year as well. Could help the Hawks tremendously and certainly hurt the Panthers, the 2nd Rounder being the wildcard on both sides I'd say. Thoughts?
Hope we give a good offer but it shouldn't be anywhere near what we offered Lang. We could make an offer just to screw you guys and make you up your RFA offer. That makes my black heart warm for some reason. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
C

ctrcat

Reaction score
Josea16":302hm50n said:
ctrcat":302hm50n said:
Hope we give a good offer but it shouldn't be anywhere near what we offered Lang. We could make an offer just to screw you guys and make you up your RFA offer. That makes my black heart warm for some reason. :mrgreen:

He's younger than Lang. If it's not that much then you may actually be doing us a huge favor. He's a guy any team would love to have long term.

Josea16

Reaction score
ctrcat":2f33tywa said:
Josea16":2f33tywa said:
ctrcat":2f33tywa said:

He's younger than Lang. If it's not that much then you may actually be doing us a huge favor. He's a guy any team would love to have long term.
I don't know anything about him but if he's breathing we should try. I have no idea what your cap situation is. I have a good idea what the Seahawks is. And Lang was a huge play for us. The FO knows we have to upgrade the OL because it's not even giving Wilson a fair chance to be Wilson let alone actually run the ball and control TOP and the game. Wilson isn't a 60/40 pass/run quarterback. Seattle has to stop the insanity and get average tackles that have a clue. It's okay if we go 55/45 pass/run though. Wilson is good enough for that even injured.

Thing is even though our current running backs are game breakers and game changers they can't keep healthy. So why not fix two problems at once?

OP
OP
C

ctrcat

Reaction score
Josea16":3w2avncl said:
ctrcat":3w2avncl said:
Josea16":3w2avncl said:
ctrcat":3w2avncl said:

I don't know anything about him but if he's breathing we should try. I have no idea what your cap situation is. I have a good idea what the Seahawks is. And Lang was a huge play for us. The FO knows we have to upgrade the OL because it's not even giving Wilson a fair chance to be Wilson let alone actually run the ball and control TOP and the game. Wilson isn't a 60/40 pass/run quarterback. Seattle has to stop the insanity and get average tackles that have a clue. It's okay if we go 55/45 pass/run though. Wilson is good enough for that even injured.

I understand. As a player Norwell is equal to or greater than Lang. The Panthers cap is comfortable but currently ever so slightly below the league average if one is solely looking at 2017 in a bubble, although multiple cuts to players like Stewart, Anderson, Dickson, or Gano could free up more space. A decision (to let go) may have to be made next year regarding Norwell, Turner, Lotulelei, or Short however. A competitive offer with a 2nd Round pick in play would at the very least make things extremely interesting. Could be a win/win, or a win/loss for one side or the other, depending on the terms. On the field having him is better than not however, no doubt about that.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Why is ctr trying to help us if he's a Panther fan? Subterfuge? You're the man for laying that info out, but you can't blame me for asking?

OP
OP
C

ctrcat

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1nx4rwzr said:
Why is ctr trying to help us if he's a Panther fan? Subterfuge? You're the man for laying that info out, but you can't blame me for asking?

No I don't blame you. I guess part of me likes drama and intrigue as well and there are ways that both teams can be helped and hurt if you guys made him an offer.

Josea16

Reaction score
ctrcat":316e445r said:
Siouxhawk":316e445r said:

No I don't blame you. I guess part of me likes drama and intrigue as well and there are ways that both teams can be helped and hurt if you guys made him an offer.
Not happening if our primary shot misses we go cheap, sorry but our FO prefers to pay the big money on players you actually keep. Much like your team.... hmm.

Of course he's a Carolina fan and he's been here seen 2015 at least. He's pretty cool by my standards. It isn't like I didn't lurk dude. This place is pretty intense so I took my time before throwing my dime on the table.