Laken Tomlinson

Bus035

Reaction score
Since we lost out on T.J. Lang to the Lions, I was trying to think of trade options since we desperately need help on the O-line and free agency is bare. I was thinking about the Hawks buying low on Laken Tomlinson. Tomlinson was a first round pick in 2015 out of Duke. Personally, I really like Tomlinson coming out of the draft. Howerver, he hasn't lived up to expectations and LT was benched last year and he will be a reserve going into the 2017 regular season.

I would love to see Schneider pull off a trade like Belichick did with the Panthers for Kony Ealy. For example:

Detroit Receives pick 108 (Seahawks last 3rd Round Pick-Compensatory)
Seattle Receives pick 128 (Lions 4th Round pick)

The Hawks get a young cost-effective guard that is cost-controlled for 2 more years and an option for year 5 and the Lions get to move up 20 spots in the draft. Seems like a win-win! Just an idea but the trade market is an option I think the Hawks will look into.

Seymour

Reaction score
We no longer have the luxury of picking up "maybe" type players on the oline (ie Joeckel types). We burned the better part of the last 2 seasons with a crap oline and poor drafting there. Now is urgent time to attempt to put close to an average oline together and get back our missing trophy. If they go for a trade, they need to go after a very high caliber proven body that WILL answer the problem, not maybe answer the problem IMO.

mikeak

Reaction score
Seymour":2i1fl0dk said:
We no longer have the luxury of picking up "maybe" type players on the oline (ie Joeckel types). We burned the better part of the last 2 seasons with a crap oline and poor drafting there. Now is urgent time to attempt to put close to an average oline together and get back our missing trophy. If they go for a trade, they need to go after a very high caliber proven body that WILL answer the problem, not maybe answer the problem IMO.

But if you drop 20 picks and get someone with a low guarantee salary then why not? If they don't pan out you cut them...

I don't think the trade as proposed by the OP works (Detroit will want more) but look at the salary numbers. Would be cheap and if he works great and if. It won't cost much to cut...

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lion ... son-16752/

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1y6hzd2c said:
I like Dahl better. I'd hope we could inquire about him first.

The homer in me agrees.

I forget the crazy stat but his jr year or maybe his sr year he only gave up 2 sacks all year, in Mike Leachs drop back and throw it 60 times a game offense.

Crazy town.

King Dog

Reaction score
Dahl went in the 5th round last year and we didn't use a pick on him. I doubt the FO is interested.

Latest posts