TE Jared Cook to visit Seattle

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/841437727958667264[/tweet]

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
saroos":suuscah4 said:
Does he play OL ?!!!
He does not play OL, but he is primarily a blocking TE (he is a good pass blocker and runblocker). Think Zach Millers role here in Seattle, that is what he did in GB.

knownone

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":16qwx7kc said:
saroos":16qwx7kc said:
Does he play OL ?!!!
He does not play OL, but he is primarily a blocking TE (he is a good pass blocker and runblocker). Think Zach Millers role here in Seattle, that is what he did in GB.
o_O I've never heard Cook described as a blocking tight end. I could be wrong but I've always viewed him as more of a Vernon Davis type.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
King Dog":10gg3dis said:
Better than Luke Willson imo. I like it.

Packers made him a strong offer, similar to what they signed bennet for. If that's his range, it's too high for a 2nd tight end.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Wow. It's almost as if the front office can manage negotiations with multiple players at the same time. From the Lang thread, it seemed that free agency, and the 2017 season, were over when Lang signed with Detroit.

Who says he will be our second tight end? Sign him and trade Graham for an OT.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3sz2tien said:
Wow. It's almost as if the front office can manage negotiations with multiple players at the same time. From the Lang thread, it seemed that free agency, and the 2017 season, were over when Lang signed with Detroit.

Who says he will be our second tight end? Sign him and trade Graham for an OT.

And what OT would that be? Also, just paid Graham 2m roster bonus. So we would eat that, get a less talented TE, a ??? OT and his contract. Hmmm.

RussB

Reaction score
Yup sign cook, and trade graham for joe thomas or some other team with a good tackle. Graham isnt a must have to this team but a tackle is.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3i977rro said:
And what OT would that be? Also, just paid Graham 2m roster bonus. So we would eat that, get a less talented TE, a ??? OT and his contract. Hmmm.

My second paragraph should be read with only slightly less sarcasm than the first.

Replacing a 7.9 million Graham with a 7 plus million Cook is, on the face of it, ludicrous of course.

A point I've made elsewhere, the teams that have a tackle worth trading for, for the most part, don't have a QB capable of utilizing Graham in a way that would make the trade a sensible one from their perspective

Seafan

Reaction score
Not likely to happen unless he comes down on his demands. Blowing it in GB hopefully opened his eyes. He'd be a great replacement for Willson but still not likely to happen.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
On a serious note, I love the way we seem to be helping to woo some of Green Bay's players away from them, even if they end up on a third party team.

I really don't see a role for Cook here. Perhaps something changed at GB, but he was an atrocious blocker at St. Louis (Despite what Mark Dominik says). He was never a great receiving threat. He does have impressive size and athleticism, which probably means he will be a Seahawk by this weekend.

Unless he came to his senses about wanting elite level money, I just don't see us signing him.

I would throw him a 2-3 million contract that is incentive heavy.

getnasty

Reaction score
Cook is trash, he's all hype and 0 heart, not a team player and can't stay healthy because he's a puss.

cover-2

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2kf7a8md said:
On a serious note, I love the way we seem to be helping to woo some of Green Bay's players away from them, even if they end up on a third party team.

I really don't see a role for Cook here. Perhaps something changed at GB, but he was an atrocious blocker at St. Louis (Despite what Mark Dominik says). He was never a great receiving threat. He does have impressive size and athleticism, which probably means he will be a Seahawk by this weekend.

Unless he came to his senses about wanting elite level money, I just don't see us signing him.

I would throw him a 2-3 million contract that is incentive heavy.

He seems to be a perfect replacement for Luke Wilson...fast, highly athletic, below average blocker, and inconsistent hands. I hope we don't sign him, if we do I'll have to say we may have the worst free agent signings this year.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
didnt we try to get him before he went to the rams? i agree better than willlssson who i am surprised a bit has not been signed.

Seymour

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2k620c01 said:
What's up with Vanett that we need to be courting Jared friggin' Cook?

Could be they plan just 1 more year with Graham then let him walk. I hate the idea, but it makes sense with Bevell and Russell and the run game here.
There is a strong TE group in the draft, We could easily get a quality TE in the draft in the first 4 picks we have. Take that $10M from Graham and buy us a damn mauler for Russell.

nash72

Reaction score
Another dumb FA look. Why on God's green earth is this team even looking at Cook? Seattle has a ton of issues, but TE isn't one of them.