I think we should make an offer to Butler

zchurch74

Reaction score
Can you imagine Butler on one side and Sherm on the other with Earl covering deep and Kam all over the middle.

You cannot say you wouldn't be jacked for opening day!

mistaowen

Reaction score
zchurch74":2aqh79dx said:
Can you imagine Butler on one side and Sherm on the other with Earl covering deep and Kam all over the middle.

You cannot say you wouldn't be jacked for opening day!

So first round pick to the Pats, guy who wants richard sherman money to be playing the #2, and in a year of many big impact defensive players easily available at #26?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Love Butler...

Not sure the Hawks could even afford him...

OP
OP
zchurch74

zchurch74

Reaction score
I agree. I don't think we have a chance. I'm just dreaming LOB v2

Uncle Si

Reaction score
zchurch74":2tywkr04 said:

Draft has a lot of potential

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Butler is overrated. He's what Larry Brown was. Remember Larry Brown, the guy that picked off 2 passes in the SB against Neil O'Donnell and then took his career into the abyss. Basically the same thing Butler is. Had one interception is SB49 and does nothing else.

Mojambo

Reaction score
They don't have the dough, man.

Plus, why buy at a premium when there's a ton of impressive new stock arriving in the draft?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawkfan68":uc46i3hy said:
Butler is overrated. He's what Larry Brown was. Remember Larry Brown, the guy that picked off 2 passes in the SB against Neil O'Donnell and then took his career into the abyss. Basically the same thing Butler is. Had one interception is SB49 and does nothing else.

Well that's not true...

But not worth the money and draft pick

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3iprt8kg said:
zchurch74":3iprt8kg said:

Draft has a lot of potential

This.
They already have $31M+ in the D backfield. Not happening.

rcaido

Reaction score
Lane was beyond horrible last year & Shead is still hurt! You guys want to gamble on a rookie...

The Patriots already threw money at Gilmore, i dont think they will match the offer for Butler & rather just get the 1st round pick. Maybe try to offer about 11-12million a year. 4yr 48million.

Butler has been consistent already for 2 years now after the Superbowl pick. He was ranked #2 overall last season. Imagine Butler, Sherman, Thomas, & Kam?

Got a feeling Sherman is going to ask for a lot when his contract is up in 2 years. At least with Butler we have leverage or safety net in case Sherman bolts or we cant afford him.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1df26ocy said:

The difference is Butler made an amazing play. Larry Brown's interceptions could have been made by this Larry Brown.

Larry Brown

But no thanks on Butler regardless.

rjdriver

Reaction score
If the offer involves a time machine, I'm all in.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have played this record before, he works well in New England, won't so much here, we ask for a different skill set. Besides having one CB that is very opinionated is enough isn't it?

Latest posts