If you were wondering what Aaron Curry has been up to...

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
An NFL draft bust's new perspective: How Aaron Curry is putting lessons learned to good use

After growing up poor, all Aaron Curry wanted was to sign an NFL contract to ensure that his family would always have enough to eat. The linebacker did just that, but wasn't fully prepared for what came after. But now, he's using what he learned in the NFL as a coach at UNC Charlotte.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/03/14/nfl-dr ... -charlotte

Seanhawk

Reaction score
That dude was so bad I would rather the pick was Mark Sanchez. Mark Sanchez.

Maulbert

Reaction score
He was easily the most dissapointing pick in the 2009 draft (if only because he was the can't-miss pick), and that's saying something. Look at some of these 1st rounders:

2. Jason Smith LT
3. Tyson Jackson DE
4. Aaron Curry LB
5. Mark Sanchez QB
7. Darrius Heyward-Bey WR
8. Eugene Monroe LT
10. Michael Crabtree WR
11. Aaron Maybin DE
12. Knowshon Moreno RB
16. Larry English LB
17. Josh Freeman QB
22. Percy Harvin WR
23. Michael Oher LT
24. Perria Jerry DT
27. Donald Brown RB
30. Kenny Britt WR
31. Beanie Wells RB
32. Ziggy Hood DT

And, naturally, Green Bay made out like bandits. They got B.J. Raji at #9 and Clay Matthews at #26.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I still think he was the worst draft bust in Seahawks history
I bought a jersey for me and one for my buddy and to this day we've both only worn it once

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
hawxfreak":14767b18 said:
I bought a jersey for me and one for my buddy and to this day we've both only worn it once

Totally agree. Brian Bosworth is the sexy pick for that honor, but he was at least marginally successful, even though his career was short and Bo Jackson ran him over on live television. Curry was never effective as a pro.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3ag5jjwz said:
That dude was so bad I would rather the pick was Mark Sanchez. Mark Sanchez.

At least we'd be able to have the Butt Fumble in our lore if we'd gone with Sanchez.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Another good redemption story. Good for Curry.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Good for him.

Not everyone can be a good NFL player, and moving on from that realization I would imagine to be difficult. Finding peace, becoming a solid citizen and giving back is to be commended and is ultimately more important.

nash72

Reaction score
He looked good on paper when we drafted him though. I was actually thrilled when we took him. Oh well, he was awful.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't think there would've been a butt fumble if the Hawks had drafted Sanchez. Hass was the starter, so Mark would have sat a couple years and learned how to be a pro. He needed that. Pete was right—Mark wasn't ready, and the bad habits he learned have never been fully unlearned.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":3l63ge3u said:
hawxfreak":3l63ge3u said:

Totally agree. Brian Bosworth is the sexy pick for that honor, but he was at least marginally successful, even though his career was short and Bo Jackson ran him over on live television. Curry was never effective as a pro.

Meh, this is over done. Bosworth tackled one of the fastest, most powerful back of all time. Run over? not quite

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":1b39aja2 said:
Kennedyin92":1b39aja2 said:
hawxfreak":1b39aja2 said:

Meh, this is over done. Bosworth tackled one of the fastest, most powerful back of all time. Run over? not quite

Yep. That play happens at least 10 times a game, every NFL game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
ANd that is why we have a Rookie Scale. Players acted like they were giving up something to have that in the CBA, but it protects veteran players who would never get paid if the rookie got 60 million then flamed out.

mikeak

Reaction score
ivotuk":349wfjdo said:
ANd that is why we have a Rookie Scale. Players acted like they were giving up something to have that in the CBA, but it protects veteran players who would never get paid if the rookie got 60 million then flamed out.

The players that voted for the rookie pay scale gave up nothing and never claimed they did. The incoming players had no vote. Right or wrong it's implementation was completely unfair against those coming into the league and allowed a group of players to take advantage of the old rules and then later the new rule they put in place themselves

OP
OP
twisted_steel2

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Smellyman":3msseslv said:
Kennedyin92":3msseslv said:
hawxfreak":3msseslv said:

Agree, he didnt get run over.

Bo actually hit the turf first too. Yea he didn't stuff him for no gain at contact, but no one could have done that to Bo in his prime, he was a phenom.

If that wasnt on the goal line, it probably would have been a decent stop, and Bo with about a 3 yard gain. Huge over hyped play.