Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Raiders pursuing Lynch

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Raiders pursuing Lynch
Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:50 am

Re: Raiders pursuing Lynch
Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:55 am

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:04 am
  • Like the Sherman trade post, this is just made up bologna to attract ratings. In this case, it's a radio talk show host who teased the idea Thursday to get listeners to tune in today. When he goes on the air today, it will be revealed that this is just speculation from a few "inside sources."
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:11 am
  • Journalism is officially dead.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:25 am
  • Now I've heard it all
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:30 am
  • Seahawks pursuing Anthony Munoz. You read it here first.
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:35 am
  • Great, we need more draft picks.
    Hendo66
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:43 am
  • If the rumours are true, and Schneider doesn't back down, replacing that 5th rounder lost for violations would be useful.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:45 am
  • uncle fester wrote:If the rumours are true, and Schneider doesn't back down, replacing that 5th rounder lost for violations would be useful.

Really? Just a 5th rounder for Marshawn's rights?
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:51 am
  • uncle fester wrote:If the rumours are true, and Schneider doesn't back down, replacing that 5th rounder lost for violations would be useful.

Nothing less than a 2nd
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:13 am
  • It's not like this is coming from ian rappaport. If Adam Schefter says it, I believe it's real. And why wouldn't it it be real?
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:26 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:It's not like this is coming from ian rappaport. If Adam Schefter says it, I believe it's real. And why wouldn't it it be real?

Exactly.

they just lost Murray to the Vikings, seemingly have little interest in AP and Lynch's ties to the Oakland area are substantial.

This is not a made up story. It may never happen, but it makes sense for Oakland to look at it. Is Lynch any worse than Charles at this point?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:46 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:It's not like this is coming from ian rappaport. If Adam Schefter says it, I believe it's real. And why wouldn't it it be real?

Exactly.

they just lost Murray to the Vikings, seemingly have little interest in AP and Lynch's ties to the Oakland area are substantial.

This is not a made up story. It may never happen, but it makes sense for Oakland to look at it. Is Lynch any worse than Charles at this point?

Do things change if they're the Las Vegas Raiders?
    dutchcoug
    NET Starter

Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:54 am
  • Clearly the Hawks have moved on. For a day 1 or 2 pick, I'd trade his rights to Oakland.

For Lynch's sake, these types of things rarely turn out well.
    GO HAWKS!
    JTB
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:54 am
  • So many holes in this it's ridiculous to be reported at this point. Marshawn hasn't decided to play for starters. Which in case I missed something might be a huge factor. PA allowed Marshawn to ride off with his signing bonus. Those are two of the first hurdles.

When the heck did Adam Shefter become the gold standard of journalistic integrity? If I recall correctly he stated we had signed Jared Aleen. He constantly breaks stories from Glazer and attempts to pass them off as "his story." Oh yeah, and Shefter breaking this story after a local radio show mentioned it in Oakland yesterday afternoon.
    Subzero717
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:20 am
  • Subzero717 wrote:So many holes in this it's ridiculous to be reported at this point. Marshawn hasn't decided to play for starters. Which in case I missed something might be a huge factor. PA allowed Marshawn to ride off with his signing bonus. Those are two of the first hurdles.

When the heck did Adam Shefter become the gold standard of journalistic integrity? If I recall correctly he stated we had signed Jared Aleen. He constantly breaks stories from Glazer and attempts to pass them off as "his story." Oh yeah, and Shefter breaking this story after a local radio show mentioned it in Oakland yesterday afternoon.

There aren't any real holes at all. Just because you don't know and aren't privy to any behind the scenes talks between Lynch, Oak and/or Seattle doesn't mean they didn't take place or aren't currently taking place
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:24 am
  • dutchcoug wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:It's not like this is coming from ian rappaport. If Adam Schefter says it, I believe it's real. And why wouldn't it it be real?

Exactly.

Interesting point... but would they be in Las Vegas this year?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:25 am
  • Siouxhawk wrote:
    uncle fester wrote:If the rumours are true, and Schneider doesn't back down, replacing that 5th rounder lost for violations would be useful.

31 year old running back, retired for a year, half a season missed prior to that due to a reoccurring back injury, your Seahawk RB room is already full, and you think McKenzie is going to offer more?

AP can't get a job and Charles is looking at the scrap pile. They're all the same age, with roughly the same mileage in the tyres.

Mistashoesta wrote: Nothing less than a 2nd

Nice thought but unlikely.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:26 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Subzero717 wrote:So many holes in this it's ridiculous to be reported at this point. Marshawn hasn't decided to play for starters. Which in case I missed something might be a huge factor. PA allowed Marshawn to ride off with his signing bonus. Those are two of the first hurdles.

There aren't any real holes at all. Just because you don't know and aren't privy to any behind the scenes talks between Lynch, Oak and/or Seattle doesn't mean they didn't take place or aren't currently taking place

I listed the holes.
    Subzero717
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:34 am
  • A day one pick would be preposterous. No way we're getting that.

I think absolute best case scenario is a 5th or 6th. Raiders could easily wait out a release. There's no way we could keep him without releasing other players.
    Mojambo
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:35 am
  • I could see this as being a real possibility. For starters it's his hometown and possibly his last opportunity to play for his hometown on a 1 year deal before they move to Vegas. I personally feel Lynch retired because of XLIX. I think he was pissed off that the Seahawks did him dirty and didn't hand him the ball to win the game. Now, I think he's moved on from it and willing to come out of retirement...to play for his hometown team. It will suck to see him come out of retirement to play for another team...he was the the identity/heart and soul of this team. Since he retired we haven't been the same. Just my opinion.
    LegendKiller
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:37 am
  • uncle fester wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:
    uncle fester wrote:If the rumours are true, and Schneider doesn't back down, replacing that 5th rounder lost for violations would be useful.

31 year old running back, retired for a year, half a season missed prior to that due to a reoccurring back injury, your Seahawk RB room is already full, and you think McKenzie is going to offer more?

AP can't get a job and Charles is looking at the scrap pile. They're all the same age, with roughly the same mileage in the tyres.

Mistashoesta wrote: Nothing less than a 2nd

Nice thought but unlikely.

Lynch is 29, not 31.
    Bob Loblaw
    NET Rookie

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:38 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Subzero717 wrote:So many holes in this it's ridiculous to be reported at this point. Marshawn hasn't decided to play for starters. Which in case I missed something might be a huge factor. PA allowed Marshawn to ride off with his signing bonus. Those are two of the first hurdles.

Just like I don't know if Brett Farve and Seattle are talking. Lets start that rumor. I don't know for sure do I. Sheesh. Conspiracy theory much. Does ANYONE HAVE ANY REASON TO THINK ML WANTS TO PLAY AGAIN??????? Seems to me like every time I turn around I see a video of him having a blast. I am sure he would love to grind through training camp and a long brutal season. Not to mention the media frenzy around it.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:40 am
  • Bob Loblaw wrote:
    Lynch is 29, not 31.

He will be 31 on April 22nd
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:41 am
  • Born 4-22-1986. He'll be 31 in a month. He didn't cease aging when he retired.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:56 am
  • Year of The Hawk wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:

Just like I don't know if Brett Farve and Seattle are talking. Lets start that rumor. I don't know for sure do I. Sheesh. Conspiracy theory much. Does ANYONE HAVE ANY REASON TO THINK ML WANTS TO PLAY AGAIN??????? Seems to me like every time I turn around I see a video of him having a blast. I am sure he would love to grind through training camp and a long brutal season. Not to mention the media frenzy around it.

Conspiracy theory? It's actually being reported by numerous outlets.

Try to start a bogus rumor, I'm sure everyone will pick up on something someone wrote from their mom's basement on a message board...
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:08 am
  • Would this do anything for our salary cap since we carried money over from him ?
    saroos
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:16 am
  • If Lynch would be down to do it so he can play in Oakland for their last season then the Raiders can make it worth our while. I'd like to see dude play again even if for another team. IMO, the Seahawks still have no ring if not for his example of toughness and leadership as a Seahawk. He's earned it.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:08 am
  • Mojambo wrote:A day one pick would be preposterous. No way we're getting that.

I think absolute best case scenario is a 5th or 6th. Raiders could easily wait out a release. There's no way we could keep him without releasing other players.

On the Raiders "waiting out a release", Lynch would be another year older and another season of physicality away from the game.
    I believe this is a pure speculation story, but if I am wrong on that, the Raiders would be fools to try'n wait this gig out because of a Draft slot.
    If "THE BEAST" has anything left, and is willing to give it a go, you "Strike While The Iron Is hot", or you're waiting at the docks for a "Ship That Has Already Sailed"
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:12 am
  • If Lynch and the Raiders want this bad enough, they will trade a pick for him, Now it may not be more than a mid rounder but it's something.
    GO HAWKS!
    JTB
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:35 am
  • A 5th round future pick or lower this year will get this done. The team holds his rights as a retired player but aren't paying him at all having taken all his dead money on their cap last season.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:39 am
  • This actually seems to be legit. He was spotted at the Seattle airport too.
    GLio14
    NET Rookie

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:43 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Mojambo wrote:A day one pick would be preposterous. No way we're getting that.

On the Raiders "waiting out a release", Lynch would be another year older and another season of physicality away from the game.
    I believe this is a pure speculation story, but if I am wrong on that, the Raiders would be fools to try'n wait this gig out because of a Draft slot.
    If "THE BEAST" has anything left, and is willing to give it a go, you "Strike While The Iron Is hot", or you're waiting at the docks for a "Ship That Has Already Sailed"

They wouldn't have to wait a year. Seattle is not in the position, salary cap wise, to keep him on the roster THIS year if he decides to unretire.

They will be forced to release him, or someone else.
    Mojambo
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:45 am
  • Why would Lynch go to the Raiders when his most successful years were in Seattle?
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Don't do it...
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:49 am
  • Year of The Hawk wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:

Seattle isnt talking to Favre cause he retired what? 10 years ago?
    Lynch might be talking because its been a year.

Obviously your being sarcastic but one is a lot more likely than the other.

As for the media circus, Beast Mode Thrives off it. He thrives off of their ignorance. I always compared it to this example.

"If you dont like the music im playing, then dont get in the car!!!"

They Didnt like how he answered the questions, yet they ( like a bunch of morons), kept asking him questions.

What stemmed from this? many Beast Mode T-shirts and Hats that he made a killing off of. So Why would he not want the media circus?

He comes off as shy, yet when he does get in front of a camera, the attention he does attract rakes in a lot of money

He knows how to play the media game. He knows what hes doing
    "We Have 70 Dollars And A Pair Of Girls Underpants. We're Safe As Kittens I'm Telling You!"
    seahawksny
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:59 am
  • NJlargent wrote:Why would Lynch go to the Raiders when his most successful years were in Seattle?

He's an Oakland guy, born, raised, and I think still lives there. Hometown team.

Anyone catch Gee Scott on 710 just now? He said its official, Marshawn is unretired and was visiting the VMAC yesterday. I guess next move is what PC/JS do, they better get some compensation, especially after they ate that $5,000,000 dead cap money last year after he retired.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:03 am
  • idk how real it is but if it is real what a slap in the face to the, fan, team and teamates. If I were the team, sorry Oakland you want him pay up. I'm not doing out of the goodness of my heart. I love Lynch but we have bent over backwards for him and he hung it up, if he's coming back loyalties are out the window cause he's not loyal to us anymore.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:06 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Anyone catch Gee Scott on 710 just now? He said its official, Marshawn is unretired and was visiting the VMAC yesterday. I guess next move is what PC/JS do, they better get some compensation, especially after they ate that $5,000,000 dead cap money last year after he retired.

Holy @#$%^@#$%&

Listening to Clayton and (I think) Kapadia on 710 right now. Pretty interesting stuff. Lynch's contract that has been frozen since he retired puts his cap hit for the next season at $9 million so I'm not sure we could get any compensation from Oakland for him. If they or another team don't want to take on that contract, they'd just have to wait for us to cut him.
    Last edited by JGfromtheNW on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:13 am
  • But now:

So who know's whats going!?! Maybe he's still in the process of trying to figure it out? :Dunno:
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:Anyone catch Gee Scott on 710 just now? He said its official, Marshawn is unretired and was visiting the VMAC yesterday. I guess next move is what PC/JS do, they better get some compensation, especially after they ate that $5,000,000 dead cap money last year after he retired.

Holy @#$%^@#$%&

If it were official, it would be filed with the league.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:16 am
  • Oh wait, the Raiders want Marshawn to be released? :lol: How about a feet massage?
    Nog
    NET Rookie

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:21 am
  • As a Seahawks fan I hope it happens for whatever we'd get from the Raiders for his rights.

As a Beast Mode fan if it's what he wants do do I'd be happy for him.

As a football fan I hope it happens because I just like watching his brand of football!
    Life is hard; It's harder when you're stupid. -- John Wayne
    c_hawkbob
    NET Starter

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:37 am
  • Love Lynch but if he wants to come back now and go play for his home team it has to be fair for Seattle too. We bent over backwards to accommodate all of his quirks and demands and ripped up his deal to give him more money when he asked for it (which in my opinion directly lead to Kam holding out). We should at least get a 5th or 6th from Oakland for his rights and if they want to be stingy and wait for us to release Lynch I trade him to Cleveland for a 7th...

It's not like Lynch won't adjust his contract if Oakland trades for him... Pony up.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:50 am
  • Would love to see him back in the league. I hope it happens.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:51 am
  • DJrmb wrote:Love Lynch but if he wants to come back now and go play for his home team it has to be fair for Seattle too. We bent over backwards to accommodate all of his quirks and demands and ripped up his deal to give him more money when he asked for it (which in my opinion directly lead to Kam holding out). We should at least get a 5th or 6th from Oakland for his rights and if they want to be stingy and wait for us to release Lynch I trade him to Cleveland for a 7th...

It's not like Lynch won't adjust his contract if Oakland trades for him... Pony up.

Good post!
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:58 am
  • dutchcoug wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Exactly.

They probably would be in Vegas for a couple of years. If it did happen I don't see Lynch lasting 2 years.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:04 am
  • If we are eating the bonus we either need to get a pick back or a decent Oline type person.
    randomation
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:22 am
  • randomation wrote:If we are eating the bonus we either need to get a pick back or a decent Oline type person.

He's not a UFA. He's under contact with Seattle. Lunch can force his release, and Seattle could get nothing. He could say pay me 9 million that you don't have. Or release me. You can't say Lynch owes anyone anything because it's well known. "Lynch marches to his own beat"
    ringless
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:33 am
  • DJrmb wrote:Love Lynch but if he wants to come back now and go play for his home team it has to be fair for Seattle too. We bent over backwards to accommodate all of his quirks and demands and ripped up his deal to give him more money when he asked for it (which in my opinion directly lead to Kam holding out). We should at least get a 5th or 6th from Oakland for his rights and if they want to be stingy and wait for us to release Lynch I trade him to Cleveland for a 7th...

(Gasp) :shock: ...................the ultimate threat, we'll send you to Cleveland. I like the way you think. :lol:
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:20 pm
  • If I am Pete and John I look at Oakland's roster and see which Lineman or Linebacker I want and then offer a deal.

This place would explode if Sherman Lynch trade happened for O Lineman and Linebacker swaps.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Next

It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:15 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information