Raiders pursuing Lynch

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Like the Sherman trade post, this is just made up bologna to attract ratings. In this case, it's a radio talk show host who teased the idea Thursday to get listeners to tune in today. When he goes on the air today, it will be revealed that this is just speculation from a few "inside sources."

endzorn

Reaction score
Seahawks pursuing Anthony Munoz. You read it here first.

uncle fester

Reaction score
If the rumours are true, and Schneider doesn't back down, replacing that 5th rounder lost for violations would be useful.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
uncle fester":18huu799 said:
If the rumours are true, and Schneider doesn't back down, replacing that 5th rounder lost for violations would be useful.
Really? Just a 5th rounder for Marshawn's rights?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
uncle fester":2o07zgfn said:

Nothing less than a 2nd

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
It's not like this is coming from ian rappaport. If Adam Schefter says it, I believe it's real. And why wouldn't it it be real?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3lrtdksl said:
It's not like this is coming from ian rappaport. If Adam Schefter says it, I believe it's real. And why wouldn't it it be real?

Exactly.

they just lost Murray to the Vikings, seemingly have little interest in AP and Lynch's ties to the Oakland area are substantial.

This is not a made up story. It may never happen, but it makes sense for Oakland to look at it. Is Lynch any worse than Charles at this point?

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Uncle Si":d3dh4hny said:
Hawkfan77":d3dh4hny said:

Exactly.

they just lost Murray to the Vikings, seemingly have little interest in AP and Lynch's ties to the Oakland area are substantial.

This is not a made up story. It may never happen, but it makes sense for Oakland to look at it. Is Lynch any worse than Charles at this point?

Do things change if they're the Las Vegas Raiders?

Hyak

Reaction score
Clearly the Hawks have moved on. For a day 1 or 2 pick, I'd trade his rights to Oakland.

For Lynch's sake, these types of things rarely turn out well.

Subzero717

Reaction score
So many holes in this it's ridiculous to be reported at this point. Marshawn hasn't decided to play for starters. Which in case I missed something might be a huge factor. PA allowed Marshawn to ride off with his signing bonus. Those are two of the first hurdles.

When the heck did Adam Shefter become the gold standard of journalistic integrity? If I recall correctly he stated we had signed Jared Aleen. He constantly breaks stories from Glazer and attempts to pass them off as "his story." Oh yeah, and Shefter breaking this story after a local radio show mentioned it in Oakland yesterday afternoon.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Subzero717":1ab5l44f said:
So many holes in this it's ridiculous to be reported at this point. Marshawn hasn't decided to play for starters. Which in case I missed something might be a huge factor. PA allowed Marshawn to ride off with his signing bonus. Those are two of the first hurdles.

When the heck did Adam Shefter become the gold standard of journalistic integrity? If I recall correctly he stated we had signed Jared Aleen. He constantly breaks stories from Glazer and attempts to pass them off as "his story." Oh yeah, and Shefter breaking this story after a local radio show mentioned it in Oakland yesterday afternoon.
There aren't any real holes at all. Just because you don't know and aren't privy to any behind the scenes talks between Lynch, Oak and/or Seattle doesn't mean they didn't take place or aren't currently taking place

Uncle Si

Reaction score
dutchcoug":334kp8g0 said:
Uncle Si":334kp8g0 said:
Hawkfan77":334kp8g0 said:

Exactly.

Do things change if they're the Las Vegas Raiders?

Interesting point... but would they be in Las Vegas this year?

uncle fester

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":35bzlvy6 said:
uncle fester":35bzlvy6 said:
Really? Just a 5th rounder for Marshawn's rights?

31 year old running back, retired for a year, half a season missed prior to that due to a reoccurring back injury, your Seahawk RB room is already full, and you think McKenzie is going to offer more?

AP can't get a job and Charles is looking at the scrap pile. They're all the same age, with roughly the same mileage in the tyres.

Mistashoesta":35bzlvy6 said:
Nothing less than a 2nd

Nice thought but unlikely.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1ap2nltv said:
Subzero717":1ap2nltv said:

There aren't any real holes at all. Just because you don't know and aren't privy to any behind the scenes talks between Lynch, Oak and/or Seattle doesn't mean they didn't take place or aren't currently taking place

I listed the holes.

Mojambo

Reaction score
A day one pick would be preposterous. No way we're getting that.

I think absolute best case scenario is a 5th or 6th. Raiders could easily wait out a release. There's no way we could keep him without releasing other players.