Goodell's Rule Changes

Fudwamper

Reaction score
The worst is Dean Blandino having the final say for all instant replays. I thought he was wrong a ton. This bad management.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Yeah , he is wrong a lot of the time so is this actually going to be beneficial or a total fiasco
Time will tell
It can't be just him cuz there's gonna be way too many games at once to follow so they will have to have many people doing the job which actually should help , or not .
Just can't stop thinkin of the south park fat guy internet troll in mom's basement doin this
More booze is going to be needed for the games if that's the case :irishdrinkers: :thcocktail: :snack: :vodka: :drool:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hawxfreak":1eqmcbek said:
Yeah , he is wrong a lot of the time so is this actually going to be beneficial fiasco
Time will tell
It can't be just him cuz there's gonna be way too many games at once to follow so they will have to have many people doing the job which actually should help , or not .
Just can't stop thinkin of the south park fat guy internet troll in mom's basement doin this
More booze is going to be needed for the games if that's the case :irishdrinkers: :thcocktail: :snack: :vodka: :drool:

Really dont wanna do this..but it is so easy. And It fits. Fixed it for you.

Just dont know what team it will benefit...besides Dallas.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It's funny (or concerning) you mentioned this. One of the local sports radio goobers brought up the Dallas/Jerruh's party bus - Deano Blandino connection. I fully expect the zebras will do their best to keep Jerruh's kids relevent this season as long as they can. I dont trust Deano at all, the guy is a worm.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fudwamper":1gobltke said:
The worst is Dean Blandino having the final say for all instant replays. I thought he was wrong a ton. This bad management.

It doesn't even make sense. Someone runs out to the head ref with a Surface and then he talks to Blandino back in NY during a commercial break.

How is that going to be any faster then the ref just going under the hood?

This whole thing is ridiculous. You wanna speed up the game roll back all these new nonsense judgement call penalties, reviews and commercials. But the owners and league would never go for less commercials. So we get this garbage.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Its likely not going to be quicker but most likely more biased so just like a big roller coaster , hang on to your hats kiddies

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":azhgu2m0 said:
Fudwamper":azhgu2m0 said:

It doesn't even make sense. Someone runs out to the head ref with a Surface and then he talks to Blandino back in NY during a commercial break.

This whole thing is ridiculous. You wanna speed up the game roll back all these new nonsense judgement call penalties, reviews and commercials. But the owners and league would never go for less commercials. So we get this garbage.

I would assume that the league has worked out the mechanics of this proposal and determined that it will save time. It doesn't take much to set up something to test it out.

But I agree with you regarding your last paragraph. One of the things I really don't like is going to a commercial break after a turnover. It used to be that one strategy was to take a deep shot right after a turnover while the defense was still buckling their chin straps.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":t3i7c2xh said:
Fudwamper":t3i7c2xh said:

Agreed, LESS ticky tack BS flags. No fan EVER has said you know what that game needed more penalties.........

And the commercial thing is easy too. You don't need to go to commercial after the PAT and come back for KO then another Commercial.

You get ONE cut away. there the other ads can be sold in the third screen ad. Soccer does it, I think mlb dabbled in in a bit as well.

Heres how it will work. PAT is made. The screen shrinks and the bottom couple inches and right couple inches are dedicated to ads, Ford trucks trucks trucks. Beer Beer beer, all the while the kickoff teams are getting set. It takes what 30 seconds, maybe up to a minute for the ST teams to get out there and ready. Right as the ref blows his whistle, we go full screen to watch the kick off, most likely a touch back. THEN we got to a full commercial break.

Boom, I just fixed your time problem Goodell

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
This league is nearly unwatchable. I can watch a PL match in two hours with minimal breaks and competent reffing, but the NFL's games are bloated with ad breaks and the rules committee piles rules on top of rules and tries to eliminate all the actual exciting parts of the game. Every year, new rule to eliminate something that used to be an enjoyable part of the game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":oobimiq9 said:
This league is nearly unwatchable. I can watch a PL match in two hours with minimal breaks and competent reffing, but the NFL's games are bloated with ad breaks and the rules committee piles rules on top of rules and tries to eliminate all the actual exciting parts of the game. Every year, new rule to eliminate something that used to be an enjoyable part of the game.

Worse than that is the fact they want you to buy into the all 22 or whatever it is for more complete action. They show a play from a perspective that most dont even want to see from in order to get more revenue. Going live is almost the only way to see it now....if it is even worth that.

I shall go to a few games to see the region as I like some areas. I also want to learn some things about new areas for me to explore.

ivotuk

Reaction score
As much as everyone wants to point the finger at Goodell, to be fair, he's just a figurehead when it comes to the rules.

Yesterday Salk tried to put the rule change on leaping over the line to block kicks on Goodell, but Clayton corrected him saying that this was an NFLPA rule. Salk, the shock jock also tried to say "I don't want to see a TON of blocked kicks." I had no idea there were a TON of blocked kicks. I have just seen the ones that the Seahawks have blocked, and I enjoyed those immensely.

They showed some videos saying that it was dangerous, which is BS, because the videos they showed were a result of bad coaching, nothing more. Coaches putting incapable players out there to leap.

The rule proposals are made by the competition committee, the NFLPA and voted on by the owners. They just put Roger out there to be the focus of everyone's anger, that's why they pay him so much.

On the whole, I think recent rule changes have been good, but there are still some that just don't make any sense.

Latest posts