Josh Gordon?

LolaRox

Reaction score
Lots of ifs here, but....

IF he gets his stuff together (and keeps it together)
and IF the NFL reinstates him
and IF Cleveland releases him

Would you want the Seahawks to take a serious look at signing him? Or even trading for him for a late round pick? I would with no hesitation.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/846389999293599744

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SInow/status/846389999293599744[/tweet]

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
"Who gon' stop me, huh?"

The same person who has always stopped you, ya friggin' clown; YOU.

ETA until next failed drug test or social incident in 5, 4, 3...

getnasty

Reaction score
Worth the risk, throw the Browns a 6th and hope he gets reinstated. Not like he's a bad locker room guy so I don't see the downside in taking a stab at him.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Well this is a first. We usually always hear that Seattle would be a great landing spot for troubled players cause of Pete and the strong team leadership......but with this one. Seattle is the worst possible,,,well us and Denver.....

This moron can't help himself as is, you really want him in seattle where weed is legal?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":o5jwtcw4 said:
"Who gon' stop me, huh?"

The same person who has always stopped you, ya friggin' clown; YOU.

ETA until next failed drug test or social incident in 5, 4, 3...

Seriously...WTF was SI thinking with that tweet?

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
October 2010: Found asleep in a local Taco Bell drive-through lane. Police found marijuana in the car. Gordon suspended at Baylor.

July 2011: Suspended indefinitely for later failing a drug test.

2011 season: Transferred to Utah and sat out the year. Declared too late for supplemental draft.

July 2012: Interview with John McClain:
"I’ve definitely put that part of my life behind me. I don’t plan to ever go back there. It was a difficult time, but I learned from it, and I’ve moved on."

“They (scouts) want to know what kind of character guy I am,” he said. “They want to know if I can be trusted. They want to know if I’m going to be a guy that always has off-the-field issues. I want to make it clear I’m not going to be that guy.”

2012 season: Drafted in supplemental draft by the Browns.

June 2013: Gordon suspended for the first two games of the 2013 season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

December 2013: Pro Bowl selection. Gordon finished the 2013 season as the NFL's leader in receiving yards, with 1,646 and was named First-Team All-Pro.

July 2014: Gordon arrested for driving while impaired.

August 2014: Suspended one year for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

September 2014: Suspension reduced to 10 games.

November 2014: Reinstated.

December 2014: The Browns suspend Gordon from the final game of the 2014 season for violating team rules.

February 2015: Suspended for the entire season due to violating the league's substance abuse policy.

January 2016: Gordon applies for reinstatement.

March 2016: Reinstatement denied for failing another drug test.

July 2016: Gordon reinstated. Suspended for the first 4 games of the regular season.

September 2016: Gordon leaves the Browns to enter an in-patient rehabilitation facility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Gordon

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Yikes. What a timeline. Watching his tape for the season he notched over 1600 yards is super impressive. The separation he would get and speed. :snack:
Despite his issues I would not be opposed to Pete and Schneider taking a flyer on him if possible.

Sashi Brown Executive VP of football operations stated the door isn't closed on Gordon and the Browns.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... cleveland/

ivotuk

Reaction score
Josh Gordon-Seattle Seahawks rumors are getting mentioned a lot on social media

i.e. It's bullshit. Or as #25 would say "A Poopfest"

"Who goin stop me?" *Later that day, Josh Gordon ran square in to a giant, 30' blunt that stopped him dead in his tracks."

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
One day in my lifetime, this country is going to legalize weed and we can stop having to punish players who like to smoke blunts.

The DUI, on the other hand, is an awful look no matter what caused the "UI" part of the DUI. That's what gives me pause. Buying low on a guy who likes weed, even in a state with legal weed, doesn't bother me on its surface. The DUI is what bothers me.

massari

Reaction score
Trade a 3rd round comp pick (106) for him and sign him for 2 years / $12M no guaranteed money.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":e42oo09e said:
One day in my lifetime, this country is going to legalize weed and we can stop having to punish players who like to smoke blunts.

The DUI, on the other hand, is an awful look no matter what caused the "UI" part of the DUI. That's what gives me pause. Buying low on a guy who likes weed, even in a state with legal weed, doesn't bother me on its surface. The DUI is what bothers me.
To me it has nothing to do with weed being "bad" or not. There are rules, and he has ignored them multiple times. The fact that his self-control is so poor that he's got himself in this deep is extremely troubling. Just a complete lack of discipline and judgement.

What's even worse is this is a superstar NFL player doing this. A guy that had millions and millions of dollars on the line, and a guy that was living the dream by playing a sport for a living. The fact that he jeopardized all of this for weed indicates that he's just a complete moron.

I have no problem with weed. I hope we legalize it. But regardless, it's hard to sympathize with Gordon.