Romo is retiring

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The girls are set to release Tony Romo today. Adam Schefter says Tony knows he was getting injured behind the best protection in the game and will retire before risking his life behind a crap o line. Smart move. Look for him in tv next.

Rat

Reaction score
It's probably the right move for his long-term health, but I think the Texans would have been a legitimate title contender with him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rat":334i3zdk said:
It's probably the right move for his long-term health, but I think the Texans would have been a legitimate title contender with him.
I don't. He couldn't survive the limited preseason last year. He is a walking injury waiting to happen.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Romo was done before last season.I'm happy he leaves without a wheelchair and I don't have to listen to Jones act like he wants him in a non football way.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":29j1f9x9 said:
Well at least Aikman and him are on different Networks.

So what ya are saying is no matter whut, we have to listen to a cowboy announcer.....:p :twisted: :stirthepot: :rumble:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2dmqnep0 said:
chris98251":2dmqnep0 said:
Well at least Aikman and him are on different Networks.

So what ya are saying is no matter whut, we have to listen to a cowboy announcer.....:p :twisted: :stirthepot: :rumble:
And don't forget Moose. The Cowboys have us surrounded.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
When was the last time a major network took a player who just retired their #1 color commentator? And with zero experience?

What exactly about Romo's intellect or personality made CBS come running and salivating to throw him in the booth? I have nothing against Romo at all just thought this was quite bold and unusual by CBS.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1b9nuxmk said:
When was the last time a major network took a player who just retired their #1 color commentator? And with zero experience?

What exactly about Romo's intellect or personality made CBS come running and salivating to throw him in the booth? I have nothing against Romo at all just thought this was quite bold and unusual by CBS.
He was a *allas Cowboy.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2npgtl69 said:
Largent80":2npgtl69 said:
Smart move, plus he sucks anyway.
Smart move, yes; but Romo does not suck as a QB.

Prob one of the most underrated QBs in this modern era IMO

NINEster

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2pa5hlye said:

Only a Peyton Manning could I see getting this type of treatment. Even a Tom Brady I doubt would have pulled it off prior to this Romo signing.

Granted it is color as opposed to play by play which definitely is a "technical skill" of sorts that you just can't do at the #1 level with no experience. But at the same time, who the hell knows how good he really is?

Funny thing is there are a bunch of active players who have done the studio role or Inside the NFL or NFL Network guest speaking gigs that are far more known quantities than Romo and may even be better.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
CBS may be dumb, but they aren't dumb enough to take on a complete unknown as the number one color commentator.

I'm sure he did enough in-studio, mock commentary on previously-recorded games to reassure the executives that he has what it take.

I'm a little skeptical, but bet he proves the doubters wrong.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Plus, look at all the hype it's generating. Romo is a bigger household name than Simms. NBC knows this will create a buzz, and probably has heard enough of what Romo has to offer to know he will do a good job.