Niners starting corner Tramaine Brock arrested.

rlkats

Reaction score
Well if the article is true. Later loser. Hope you like prison.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
...and released.

#1 CB the last two years still on a 4m/apy deal too.

Glad to see so little tolerance for this stuff to start this new regime.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Well, clear this is a different regime. Lynch don't play.

Reality is he was likely going to face competition anyway to keep that starting role.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
We're going to have to see. My guess is that misbehavior along DUI and marijuana will be lenient even on conviction unless it happens multiple times.

Felony Dv is obv different, but here there's been no conviction. That is troubling.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2grd20b8 said:
Maulbert":2grd20b8 said:
He's accused of felony domestic violence.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rancisco-49ers-arrested-domestic-assault-case

I really just don't have the heart to mock them anymore. The one thing I'll say is the more things change, the more they stay the same.
You realize there is new team management, and unlike previous management a player was instantly released as soon as there was evidence of bad character, don't you?

Sensitive much? I said nothing against Lynch. I just meant that change at the top doesn't mean the knuckleheads will suddenly step in line.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Maulbert":29yxkhzt said:
5_Golden_Rings":29yxkhzt said:
Maulbert":29yxkhzt said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rancisco-49ers-arrested-domestic-assault-case

I really just don't have the heart to mock them anymore. The one thing I'll say is the more things change, the more they stay the same.
You realize there is new team management, and unlike previous management a player was instantly released as soon as there was evidence of bad character, don't you?

Sensitive much? I said nothing against Lynch. I just meant that change at the top doesn't mean the knuckleheads will suddenly step in line.
Why would they until there is evidence that the new leadership is serious about character? The very first incident left no doubt as to the seriousness of the new administration. Only after the first incident is dealt with can anyone really know.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":r2obz3o1 said:
Maulbert":r2obz3o1 said:
5_Golden_Rings":r2obz3o1 said:
Maulbert":r2obz3o1 said:

Why would they until there is evidence that the new leadership is serious about character? The very first incident left no doubt as to the seriousness of the new administration. Only after the first incident is dealt with can anyone really know.

He hadn't been released when I posted this topic. :sarcasm_on: Should I have waited like a good little Niners shill until they addressed it? :sarcasm_off:

Just because the administration is new doesn't mean the team deserves slack. I wasn't even mocking them because they're so awful it's not worth it. You make me hate them more. Thanks!

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Maulbert":1dbkpdnr said:
5_Golden_Rings":1dbkpdnr said:
5_Golden_Rings":1dbkpdnr said:
Maulbert":1dbkpdnr said:

He hadn't been released when I posted this topic. :sarcasm_on: Should I have waited like a good little Niners shill until they addressed it? :sarcasm_off:

Just because the administration is new doesn't mean the team deserves slack. I wasn't even mocking them because they're so awful it's not worth it. You make me hate them more. Thanks!
He was released within hours pf the arrest. That is abnormally fast for this sort of thing for a starter.

Seems a premature judgement given that player was selected by the previous administration.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2zpa8n2c said:
Maulbert":2zpa8n2c said:

He was released within hours pf the arrest. That is abnormally fast for this sort of thing for a starter.

Seems a premature judgement given that player was selected by the previous administration.

Premature judgment? Of who? Again, I said nothing about Lynch. You're touchier than a venus fly trap.

chris98251

Reaction score
This Venus Fly Trap?

venus_williams_Master_459561532.jpg

Venus has a better backhand :)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Only two NFL teams have had player arrests every year running for the past six years.

That would be the 9ers and the Seahawks.

It's what makes fans of each team being hypersensitive with each other about the topic so deliciously fun.

In any case, I'm glad they cut him. :2thumbs:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2j0mejgf said:
Only two NFL teams have had player arrests every year running for the past six years.

That would be the 9ers and the Seahawks.

It's what makes fans of each team being hypersensitive with each other about the topic so deliciously fun.

In any case, I'm glad they cut him. :2thumbs:

As am I. I kinda thought that was a position they'd be looking at switching out anyway.

...it would be funny if the next shoe to fall would be Brock signing in Seattle. :D I don't expect it, but that about how things have gone with these teams the past few years.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":1w62762k said:
As am I. I kinda thought that was a position they'd be looking at switching out anyway.

Yeah, Brock was a decent enough player on a bad team.

He was the 9ers' top corner not because of ability, but because of the youth and lack of ability around him.

Given those parameters, the best Seahawks comp I coulld come up with for the 9ers cutting Brock due to a DV charge would be the Seahawks cutting Justin Britt in the same scenario.

It's obviously not perfect, but it's decent enough starters who have been elevated in standing due to poor play around them and who are on the last year of their deals.

(the other stuff -- the 9ers suck and the hawks don't; the 9ers have a new coaching regime who are more likely to shuffle the deck at the position group to begin with -- can't really be controlled for in making a comparison).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2nay7qxo said:
Marvin49":2nay7qxo said:

Yeah, Brock was a decent enough player on a bad team.

He was the 9ers' top corner not because of ability, but because of the youth and lack of ability around him.

Given those parameters, the best Seahawks comp I coulld come up with for the 9ers cutting Brock due to a DV charge would be the Seahawks cutting Justin Britt in the same scenario.

It's obviously not perfect, but it's decent enough starters who have been elevated in standing due to poor play around them and who are on the last year of their deals.

(the other stuff -- the 9ers suck and the hawks don't; the 9ers have a new coaching regime who are more likely to shuffle the deck at the position group to begin with -- can't really be controlled for in making a comparison).
Justin Britt is probably a horrible comp, Britt played great last year. Shead maybe if I'm nitpicking.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":10v4okwv said:
Justin Britt is probably a horrible comp, Britt played great last year. Shead maybe if I'm nitpicking.

"Played great" in that he was the top player in his young or untalented position group on the Seahawks, or "played great" in that was a top player in his position group across the NFL?

I'm not opposed to the Shead comparison, but then we're trying to compare the worst starting player from a great position group against the best player from an overall bad position group (rather than the best from a bad group against the best from a bad group).

You do get the CB to CB comparison, but that inadvertently shifts into a "which player is better comparison" rather than a "this guy's standing on the team and its needs" comparison.

Just rolling around the idea and having fun with it though (not too serious).

NINEster

Reaction score
The rivalry is heating back up.

SEA still better but the gap is narrowing.

London12

Reaction score
NINEster":3q7li60z said:
The rivalry is heating back up.

SEA still better but the gap is narrowing.
I'm all for a decent rivalry again but how about you go ahead and win 3 or more games before getting all excited?