Desmond Trufant agrees to terms on extension with Falcons

Jville

Reaction score
Congratulations to Desmond Trufant and the Trufant family. :2thumbs:

Desmond Trufant agreed to terms on a five-year extension worth $69 million with $42 million guaranteed to remain in Atlanta on Saturday
He was named to his first Pro Bowl in 2015, and was on his way toward another strong campaign last year before his injury and ensuing surgery. Trufant racked up seven interceptions and 48 passes defensed in his first four seasons in the league. He's known for shutting down one side of the field in coverage, playing the Richard Sherman role in Dan Quinn's defense after the former Seahawks defensive coordinator was hired as Atlanta's head coach.

Falcons, Desmond Trufant agree to terms on extension >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000798559/article/falcons-desmond-trufant-agree-to-terms-on-extension[/urltargetblank]
tru-centerpeice.jpg
“We are really happy to be able to get this extension done,” said Dimitroff. “Trufant has proven to be a valuable leader to our team, and embodies every trait that Coach Quinn and I are looking for from players that are a part of our brotherhood. Trufant has improved each year and we believe his best ball is still in front of him. We knew this extension was going to be a component to our offseason plan and I am excited with the way we have been able to execute our entire plan as we have built our roster.”
[urltargetblank]http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/blog/article-1/Falcons-Agree-to-Terms-on-Extension-With-CB-Trufant/1546b05f-2b1e-4e45-9f7d-628197155f0e[/urltargetblank]

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Awesome for him and his family.
Those guys could partner up and literally buy Tacoma if they wanted to.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2lpr9j2p said:
Awesome for him and his family.
They are a nice family. The Barbershop show used to have the dad on the radio once in awhile, he was funny, hip, and cool to listen to.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":39vhsq0e said:

Anybody who would buy Tacoma is not deserving of having enough money to buy Tacoma. ;)

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Popeyejones":283obweu said:
Anybody who would buy Tacoma is not deserving of having enough money to buy Tacoma. ;)

A post sometimes mirrors or provides a window into it's author. The ugly post above is one such example.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well you have to remember they bought a Billboard ad in Fife thinking it was Seattle. :)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Jville":19k9fdit said:
Popeyejones":19k9fdit said:

A post sometimes mirrors or provides a window into it's author. The ugly post above is one such example.

I take it you're from Tacoma?

I've never been there and beyond it being a city in Washington literally know nothing about it.

It was a joke, dude, not a window into my soul. :lol:

Sometimes a pipe is just a pipe.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2iyeelt8 said:
Jville":2iyeelt8 said:
Popeyejones":2iyeelt8 said:

I take it you're from Tacoma?

I've never been there and beyond it being a city in Washington literally know nothing about it.

It was a joke, dude, not a window into my soul. :lol:

Sometimes a pipe is just a pipe.

It's a window into the author's dismissal of an entire community.

My sole purpose in posting was to celebrate the contract signing and what it means to the Trufant family and the community of Tacoma, Washington.