Who would you be OK with trading Sherman for??

irocdave

Reaction score
This hasn't happened, may happen, but hasn't. Who would you be OK with in return for a trade with Sherman?

I would like to see #25 stay with the hawks for a couple more years, but it seems it isn't up to us fans.

What if Dallas offers up a premium O lineman, like 2 time all pro left tackle Tyrone Smith and a 2018 draft pick?

Seems like the salary is workable.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowbo ... mith-7724/

Dallas is desperate for a corner as well. RS checks every box for Jerry, I can really see this happening with the cowboys.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
irocdave":h5qd2c4k said:
This hasn't happened, may happen, but hasn't. Who would you be OK with in return for a trade with Sherman?

I would like to see #25 stay with the hawks for a couple more years, but it seems it isn't up to us fans.

What if Dallas offers up a premium O lineman, like 2 time all pro left tackle Tyrone Smith and a 2018 draft pick?

Dallas is desperate for a corner as well. RS checks every box for Jerry, I can really see this happening with the cowboys.

Smith is still young. No way Dallas does that under any circumstance at such a difficult position to find superior talent these days. They would also have to eat nearly 26 MILLION in dead money, so yeah, never happening.

Edit: And with that dead cap hit, the Cowboys would lose 17.1 million in cap space that they don't have. Add Sherman to that? LOL

stang233

Reaction score
Sherman and our 3rd for leonard Williams and a 1st

DJrmb

Reaction score
stang233":26jb7c90 said:
I've been thinking about something like this with the Jets. Probably couldn't pry away Williams unfortunately, but I think they would jump at something involving Sheldon Richardson (they've been trying to trade him because they can't afford to keep him after this year). I know he's only under contract for 1 year but it's at a decent price and we could probably afford to franchise him if we wanted the following year or let him walk and get an additional 3rd round pick or maybe even work out an extension. Adding Richardson to Avril, Bennett, and Clark would probably vault our Defensive line to best in the NFL or close. Maybe even be a better D-line than the 2013 group.

Richardson their 2nd and 3rd - for - Sherman and our 3rd.

ctrcat

Reaction score
DJrmb":1fu5c02d said:
stang233":1fu5c02d said:
I've been thinking about something like this with the Jets. Probably couldn't pry away Williams unfortunately, but I think they would jump at something involving Sheldon Richardson (they've been trying to trade him because they can't afford to keep him after this year). I know he's only under contract for 1 year but it's at a decent price and we could probably afford to franchise him if we wanted the following year or let him walk and get an additional 3rd round pick or maybe even work out an extension. Adding Richardson to Avril, Bennett, and Clark would probably vault our Defensive line to best in the NFL or close. Maybe even be a better D-line than the 2013 group.

Richardson their 2nd and 3rd - for - Sherman and our 3rd.

If that's truly the market for Sherman I'm shocked. I would have thought it far more. Would the Hawks really get rid of their heart and soul for a guy with that much baggage and that many question marks?

NINEster

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about Sherman if I was a Hawks fan.

Just get Thomas back and Chancellor firing.....everything will be ok.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Not that the Eagles would ever do this but I believe the Eagles would eat 17.4M in dead cap to trade Cox. Just not a tradeable player until 2019 really.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
irocdave":wm1gtvd8 said:

Left Tackle > every other position other than QB...........and the Cowboys just locked up Smith to a monster 8 year deal through 2023. No way in hell they trade him.

It's very hard to make trades in the NFL player for player because the cap is so tight, that's why they rarely happen. Unless you can match salary, it's usually for picks.

I've said Tennessee the whole time, they have two 1st rounders. So I could see that happening if Tennessee truly thinks Sherman would help them finally contend for the weak ass AFC South.

So Sherman to Tennessee for a 1st and 3rd, or 1st and 4th. Something like that.

Chapow

Reaction score
NINEster":qsamb4he said:
I wouldn't worry about Sherman if I was a Hawks fan.

Just get Thomas back and Chancellor firing.....everything will be ok.

Exactly.

The best thing that could happen for our defense IMO is getting Sherm, Earl, and Kam all healthy, rested, and motivated to chase another ring.

I really can't think of a realistic scenario in which getting rid of Sherm makes us better next season.

Chapow

Reaction score
I'd also just like to add, I think fans way overvalue and are way too enamored with 1st round draft picks (and draft picks in general). There is almost a 50% chance that a 1st round pick doesn't even become a starter in the NFL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... crapshoot/

Sorry, I don't like the idea of trading away an elite player for a complete crapshoot where 50% of the time you don't even get a starter, much less an actual good player.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chapow":2uqeg44c said:
I'd also just like to add, I think fans way overvalue and are way too enamored with 1st round draft picks (and draft picks in general). There is almost a 50% chance that a 1st round pick doesn't even become a starter in the NFL.

Sorry, I don't like the idea of trading away an elite player for a complete crapshoot where 50% of the time you don't even get a starter, much less an actual good player.

Of course, any trade or pick has a chance of not working out.

Just ask the Jets when they let Revis go for a 1st rounder, and drafted Sheldon Richardson, who stinks.

But that's the type of deal that'll happen if this gets done.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... witter_atn

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1hnbnjat said:
Chapow":1hnbnjat said:

Of course, any trade or pick has a chance of not working out.
Eh, I feel like this is minimizing my point. This isn't just a chance of not working out. This is almost a 50% chance of not even getting a starter in return for an elite CB if he is traded for a 1st round pick.The likelihood that pick ever ends up being anywhere near as good as Sherman is right now, is very slim. That, to me, seems not even close to worth it unless the relationship between Sherm and the Seahawks has deteriorated to the point where they just can't or won't work together anymore. I don't believe that's the case.

Just ask the Jets when they let Revis go for a 1st rounder, and drafted Sheldon Richardson, who stinks.
Exactly. Something like that is the most likely scenario should we trade Sherman for a draft pick. Which is why I think it's a terrible idea.

But that's the type of deal that'll happen if this gets done.
I agree. Which is why I really, really hope this doesn't happen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... witter_atn

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chapow":lzt5y9ly said:
[/quote]

I'd say 99% of the forum doesn't want it to happen.

What we want is Richard to stop acting like a toddler..............but if he can't, which appears to be the case then we have to be ready for this sort of trade, including draft picks.

Because I've yet to see a team part ways with a good non trouble making player on a solid contract, for one that now has a little baggage.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
irocdave":s3ndpa2c said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh lord, I can't wait until the regular season. No way in hell would someone trade a perennial All pro LT in his mid 20s for an about to be 30 CB. CB decline exponentially once they hit 30. LTs can be elite well into their mid 30s. Even if we offered our 1st + Sherman for Smith.....Jerry wouldn't accept it.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Chapow":3vajl1be said:

Which is why JS is fine for trading our 1st for say players like Havrvin and Graham. well 50 percent of them worked out huh?

DJrmb

Reaction score
Rambitious":uanhzu2t said:
Would you guys do Sherman for Aaron Donald?
In a heartbeat! But that's probably impossible.

Now maybe just maybe JJ Watt for Sherman would have a chance. It seems Houston is open to moving Watt. They will want a QB most but there were rumblings of Watt for Gronk... They also lost their breakout CB to Jacksonville (AJ Bouye). Probably wouldn't happen but at least both Watt and Sherman are being shopped...

Here's a link to info on Watt being shopped:
https://www.google.com/amp/nflmocks...ns-j-j-watt-emerging-as-giant-trade-bait/amp/