Pats only interested in Lynch if he isn't a "pain in the ***

semiahmoo

Reaction score
"Retired Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch may be interested in playing for the New England Patriots, but the feeling isn’t necessarily mutual.

The Patriots probably wouldn’t rule out Lynch, given that the club always is looking for ways to improve and has shown a propensity for making innovative, unexpected and downright shocking moves in the past. That being said, unless Lynch is “much less of a pain in the a**” than he was prior to retiring, New England likely would pass, a source tells Michael Giardi of CSNNE."

https://www.all22.com/new-england-patri ... -condition

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
But they already have a solid power back.

However, the team needs some more interesting characters, IMHO. They don't get more interesting than Marshawn Lynch.

chris98251

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3o5xaxh8 said:
But they already have a solid power back.

However, the team needs some more interesting characters, IMHO. They don't get more interesting than Marshawn Lynch.

They don't have Blount signed yet. But this can be a leverage thing to get him signed also.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Lychh is a GREAT, GREAT on field fit for the Patriots. They have the need, the cap room, and probably give him the best chance of getting a ring.

Yet BB isn't gonna go that direction because he's a stone cold assassin when it comes to not fitting in with organizational and locker room culture.

It's what makes him so great at what he does.

That says, if BB was gonna break from his rule a little bit, with Brady about to retire this would be the year to do it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Popeyejones":21ys2p4m said:
Lychh is a GREAT, GREAT on field fit for the Patriots. They have the need, the cap room, and probably give him the best chance of getting a ring.

Yet BB isn't gonna go that direction because he's a stone cold assassin when it comes to not fitting in with organizational and locker room culture.

That says, if BB was gonna break from his rule a little bit, with Brady about to retire this would be the year to do it.

Well Cory Dillon was supposedly a pain in the ass in Cincy, no problems in New England.

Msfann

Reaction score
How about lynch plays for the team he's under contract with if he's to unretire. I kinda understood Oakland since it's his home town but to be picking the pats?

Unless seattle already declined him or something this seems lame.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
there was a vid posted today of Lynch knocking a phone out of a fans hand...looks like Lynch has lost some weight and appears to be in shape.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
chris98251":16zb3yjm said:
Popeyejones":16zb3yjm said:

Well Cory Dillon was supposedly a pain in the ass in Cincy, no problems in New England.

Good point. Randy Moss too.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Msfann":14u7plhp said:
How about lynch plays for the team he's under contract with if he's to unretire. I kinda understood Oakland since it's his home town but to be picking the pats?

I think the whole NE is a ruse by Lynch's group, to put pressure on Oakland.
IMHO, Oakland needs Lynch to get butts in the seats as they are a lame duck team.
Seems like the perfect fit, even if they have to overpay.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":gh6eg7sq said:
Msfann":gh6eg7sq said:

I think the whole NE is a ruse by Lynch's group, to put pressure on Oakland.
IMHO, Oakland needs Lynch to get butts in the seats as they are a lame duck team.
Seems like the perfect fit, even if they have to overpay.

I can definitely see that. It makes sense-gain as much leverage with Oakland. Maybe even see if anyone else would be interested to really gain bargaining power.

It does make me wonder though if he could be exploring all possible options and not necessarily dead set on Oakland. Perhaps initially his plan was to meet with PCJS and feel them out and gauge if there was any interest, then move on to Oakland but not agree to anything in principle yet. Then see if by chance one of the premier contending teams would bite.

Is it wrong that I really just want to see him a Hawk again even though it's not happening??

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3nq72yni said:
chris98251":3nq72yni said:
Popeyejones":3nq72yni said:

Good point. Randy Moss too.

Cory Dillion was more of an odd duck then anything else. Moss was alright for a couple of years here, then he became his old self during halftime of a game and he was traded a day or two later.

Belichick does like having a big, hard running, back for late in the season, but I don't think Lynch would have ever come here.

Latest posts