Aaron Hernandez found dead !!!!!

rjdriver

Reaction score
What a waste of tremendous talent and potential.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Just been having lunch with the my work colleagues and one of them mentioned it. Thought he was winding me up.

Not sure how much I should mourn a convicted murderer.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The wife and I just last night were discussing that we ought to give a prisoner that's serving a life sentence the option of ending their lives.

I don't shed a tear for him because I'm convinced of his guilt in at least one murder, but I do for his family, especially the children he left behind. But it might be better for them in the long run not to have to see their daddy being brought up for endless parole hearings ala Charles Manson and have to re-live all of his misdeeds.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Feel bad for his family and the family of his victim(s).

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1hj2aciy said:
Wonder if he really hanged himself. First thing that came to my mind was Deangelo Barksdake.

Did he play for the Ravens?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3ej861fk said:
JSeahawks":3ej861fk said:
Wonder if he really hanged himself. First thing that came to my mind was Deangelo Barksdake.

Did he play for the Ravens?

No, he's a character from The Wire. He was killed in prison but they made it look like he hung himself.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is weird, he was just acquitted and was appealing the first, conviction, on the surface it would appear he was successfully winning his legal struggles and there was a chance to get the first overturned.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Foghawk":17vsr8gk said:
fenderbender123":17vsr8gk said:
Patriots, Aaron Hernandez (neck), out indefinitely.

That is some A+ shitposting my friend. :2thumbs:

LOL! Good stuff :p

Mr "I'm Gangsta" obviously placed zero value on the lives of others, and himself. Not sorry, not sorry at all.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Took the cowards way out like the Facebook killer in Ohio..I have nothing else to add

Jville

Reaction score
Report: Aaron Hernandez had “John 3:16” written on his forehead >>> http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -forehead/

Hernandez Had Bible Verse On Forehead, May Have Smoked Synthetic Marijuana Before Death >>> [urltargetblank]http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-john-316-prison-cell-death-investigation/[/urltargetblank]

A more instructive message for his forehead might have been ......... "The Wages of Drugs"

Reaction score
So I guess there is a technicality in Mass according to the law he is innocent. If you die before your appeal process is finished they consider you innocent. Im sure when it comes to public's opinion he is guilty as hell tho.

RedAlice

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":2nl6n7zb said:
So I guess there is a technicality in Mass according to the law he is innocent. If you die before your appeal process is finished they consider you innocent. Im sure when it comes to public's opinion he is guilty as hell tho.

One possibility is he sacrificed himself for the good of his family - especially his child. IF his conviction is indeed abated and he was acquitted on the other charge, then he is "innocent" and his baby-momma (wife?) can get $$$$ from the Pats and the NFL. Also explains the sacrifice Bible Quote.

---

With this suicide then, he may have helped out his family and kids.

Here's the quirky rule that could make this possible-

Aaron Hernandez's murder conviction is expected to be dismissed posthumously because of a legal rule called "abatement."

That would mean, legally speaking, Aaron Hernandez died an innocent man.

But a court will vacate that conviction because Hernandez's appeal was pending, said Rosanna Cavallaro, a law professor at Suffolk University who has written about abatement.

"The idea is that if an appeal hasn't happened, there's a chance that a conviction has an error in it," she told CNN. "Rather than have someone with that incomplete decision that they're guilty, the state chooses instead to say that conviction is abated -- as if it never had happened."
The conviction's dismissal is "pro forma," or automatic, she said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/19/us/aaron- ... index.html

kidhawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":3agu04gb said:
thegreeninyoureye":3agu04gb said:

One possibility is he sacrificed himself for the good of his family - especially his child. IF his conviction is indeed abated and he was acquitted on the other charge, then he is "innocent" and his baby-momma (wife?) can get $$$$ from the Pats and the NFL. Also explains the sacrifice Bible Quote.

---

With this suicide then, he may have helped out his family and kids.

Here's the quirky rule that could make this possible-

Aaron Hernandez's murder conviction is expected to be dismissed posthumously because of a legal rule called "abatement."

That would mean, legally speaking, Aaron Hernandez died an innocent man.

But a court will vacate that conviction because Hernandez's appeal was pending, said Rosanna Cavallaro, a law professor at Suffolk University who has written about abatement.

"The idea is that if an appeal hasn't happened, there's a chance that a conviction has an error in it," she told CNN. "Rather than have someone with that incomplete decision that they're guilty, the state chooses instead to say that conviction is abated -- as if it never had happened."
The conviction's dismissal is "pro forma," or automatic, she said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/19/us/aaron- ... index.html

We were discussing this in another thread, and my conclusion is that the trial itself can't be used against his estate in any civil suit, but the evidence that was used at the trial can be. If it was enough to get a conviction in a criminal trial it's got a high likelihood of being more than enough to get a civil case victory for the family of the victim. I would say about the only thing that his suicide did was save the state a lot of $$$$ to not have to house him for the next 50+ years.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I obviously do not know the law, but all his baby-momma needs to do is prove he died innocent to get money from the Pats or NFL - at the least, I'm sure both would settle with her (a completely innocent and favorable party) - just to have it go away. She can win either way.

eta: She did nothing wrong, and she could create extreme bad press on this if she chose. However, my first instinct is actually that both the Pats and NFL would make a settlement with her.

Latest posts