Jaye Howard released by Chiefs

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Considering they lost Poe this offseason, I don't know what that says about his hip if they're willingly cutting him this late in the offseason.

chris98251

Reaction score
Gave him big contract, gets injured and then cut with guaranteed money left to pay, not a good sign.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I hope were all over this at least doing our due diligence to see how bad the injury is.

If I'm reading spotrac right KC is in really bad cap trouble and this saving them so much money may have been as much about cap space as it was injury. They now have under 2M in cap space it looks, which is after cutting Howard, and they still need to make more space to sign their draft picks and for injury settlements during the season.

Josea16

Reaction score
DJrmb":1mct3egw said:
I hope were all over this at least doing our due diligence to see how bad the injury is.

If I'm reading spotrac right KC is in really bad cap trouble and this saving them so much money may have been as much about cap space as it was injury. They now have under 2M in cap space it looks, which is after cutting Howard, and they still need to make more space to sign their draft picks and for injury settlements during the season.
Yep. Before the injury he performed quite well for them.

sdog1981

Reaction score
He was a promising 4th round pick that just could not keep a spot on that 2013 team.